ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: ALL PURPOSE CONTRACT STATUS/POTENTIAL DEPARTURES THREAD

Post by Wilson »

BurningHammer wrote:It will be interesting to see how the WWE repackage the like of End, Gulack, Thatcher considering they are all similar in styles.

ROH will certainly have to be stronger in the talent market in the next few months which overall will be good for everyone, I still personally think that no matter what Evolve does the better main roster talents will come out of ROH because of the demand it's fans will always have.
Maybe. The WWE will scout the talents that appeal to them most; some are probably in ROH right now. Though, with business relations as they are, I see less and less the probability of upper midcard signings similar to those of when Paul London, Matt Sydal, or Colt Cabana were contracted.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think anyone is far game for the WWE right now, they just look like they want to kill off anyone who isn't a partner and try and gain a strangle hold in the indie market through NXT and considering there has been talk on an NXT Europe or Europe Training Centre that could mean a major shift for many promotions. It looks like the WWE feels NXT can be a place to just hold people, I mean Joe has been a headliner in pretty much every place he has gone and considering he isn't really at an age where he should still be "making a name for himself" he is having to flog himself at NXT.

I just hope the WWE aren't looking at these guys and saying their careers don't matter and as long as we have them no one else does.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ayaashm wrote:
rovert wrote:
ayaashm wrote:
Care to share, who that might be?
Court Bauer suddenly talked down the idea Moose is WWE/NXT bound.

Reaaally, Moose has 2 or maybe 3 other directions he can head to . 1) TNA : but I thought he had good people in his ear and knew better but we'll see
2) LU: If LU is interested in him, he could make a move there.
3) RoH/NJPW/CMLL:NJ , I thought liked the guy so he could start there like Cole is doing.
rovert wrote:There's a 4th EVOLVE and other indies like your House of Hardcores and things like that.
Moose, like Angle, may have failed WWE's background check. In light of Reigns, Rose, and Lawler, WWE is apparently getting tighter with its hiring policy. Angle was blue balled due to domestic violence.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5249193
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer confirms on tonight's Observer Radio that "things have changed with Moose" and his future is uncertain; he may not be leaving after all.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hopefully Moose gets a New Japan run if he stays. I loved his matches with Ishii & Naito, and I think he'd do very well in a G1 setting.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer confirms on tonight's Observer Radio that "things have changed with Moose" and his future is uncertain; he may not be leaving after all.
Oh boy, hopefully he goes to TNA and never shows up in ROH again.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

It appears that Moose may be getting the Claudio 2006 deal. I am not a fan of Moose's work and would glad to see him work elsewhere. However, I do feel bad for Moose if he does get to live his WWE dream . Moose seems like a nice young man and I hope everything works out for him.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/statu ... 1374924800

Per my source, Mr. Ojinnaka "is getting medicals at the moment. He is basically going to be in ROH until August putting folks over. He will be WWE bound."
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

supersonic wrote:https://twitter.com/MooseNation69/statu ... 1374924800

Per my source, Mr. Ojinnaka "is getting medicals at the moment. He is basically going to be in ROH until August putting folks over. He will be WWE bound."
That makes sense with (spoilers for upcoming ROH TV episodes)
Spoiler: show
him being jobbed out for the most part.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

supersonic wrote:DO NOT CLICK ON LINK UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE COMPUTER AND HAVE POP-UP BLOCKERS. YOU WILL STILL SEE SMUT ADS SINCE DAVE SCHERER AND MIKE JOHNSON ARE SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKERS.
Man, what is the deal with their ads? My ad blocker doesn't catch them now. Makes me want to visit the site way less.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Moose update: his contract has not been pulled by WWE. Right now he has decided to weigh his options with three offers on the table
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/SeanRadican/status/ ... 1190244352

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/747424381664694272

Moose's dead set priority is WWE. His backup plans are ROH and LU while he's not entertaining TNA.

For unknown reasons, NJPW cancelled its plans to use ROH via Moose, Roderick Strong, and Adam Page in this year's G1 Climax tournament. Two of these names were penciled in and the third was a late addition, which I'd assume is Page. I had a second source independently tell me that Strong expected to be in the tournament as recently as April if he was still with ROH.

The general feeling is that Strong will be WWE bound, but those with sources in NXT say everything has been kept quiet. There could be a LOT more going on here that I'm awaiting adequate confirmation on.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So they don't want Roderick Strong in the G1, but we can't have a single f*cking G1 without Toru Yano?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

SHUT UP, YANO IS AWESOME !!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Thelone wrote:SHUT UP, YANO IS AWESOME !!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You misspelled "Awful"
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

mmm...nxt over g1 climax?? i dont know if that is good.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Meltzer indirectly addressed this on Twitter today, but Moose's past might be an issue for him. The NFL suspended him for 1 game in 2010 for an incident in which he allegedly "threw his wife down the stairs." People have had WWE offers pulled for much less and at this point I'd kind of be shocked if they hired him.

Personally I hope he gets in because I really don't need to see him in ROH any more...but other than Meltzer's general & vague reference I haven't seen any of the wannabe insiders mention his domestic violence charges.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why would you wanna see him in the superior WWE? Leave him be in ROH and away from the likes of Rollins, Styles, Cesaro, Cena, Zayn, Owens, Balor, Joe, Nakamura, etc.
WHG

Post by WHG »

supersonic wrote:Why would you wanna see him in the superior WWE? Leave him be in ROH and away from the likes of Rollins, Styles, Cesaro, Cena, Zayn, Owens, Balor, Joe, Nakamura, etc.
Well...the point is I don't really want to see him anymore. And since I don't watch the WWE for a variety of reasons (time, disliking their presentation in the 8-10 hours per year that I do watch) then I won't be seeing him if he's in the superior WWE.

I also feel like despite the names you mentioned, he's a better fit for the WWE style & aestetics than ROH, where he looks like Andre the Giant.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

supersonic wrote:Why would you wanna see him in the superior WWE? Leave him be in ROH and away from the likes of Rollins, Styles, Cesaro, Cena, Zayn, Owens, Balor, Joe, Nakamura, etc.

I don't enjoy the WWE product . I hardly find the WWE to be superior to ROH . I feel sorry for the people talent/ have to work for a person like Vince McMahon . It okay to you and millions of others enjoy the WWE. However , I think their product is awful . I only watch ROH , PWG , NJPW and NOAH , the good stuff.