TURMOIL/LIKELY ROSTER DEPARTURES - DEVELOPING STORY

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

TURMOIL/LIKELY ROSTER DEPARTURES - DEVELOPING STORY

Post by supersonic »

I've been informed today that there is currently quite a bit of conflict and unhappiness in the ROH locker room.
Joe Lanza wrote:Close to a quarter of the contracted talent is leaving. Not my place to say who. That's the turmoil. The names shouldn't be surprised if you've been paying any attention to this thread or have your finger remotely on the pulse.
I have been told, without any further detail yet, that the issues are "management and money."

This is a serious topic. I am not in the ethical position to spill the names but there are MAJOR depth stars planning to leave the company this year. This could potentially be a HUGE blow after already losing AJ Styles earlier this year.

There's also the chance that some of the names I was told could remain with the company without an ROH contract. This is still very much an alarming development though, especially coming right before the annual NJPW crossover week.
ninetwentyfour wrote:It's only Roddy and Moose right now. Stokely as well as he has some heat because he worked [Evolve] in Dallas. He's done after next weekend. Cole is gone when his contract is up, but that is not until the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm not sure if many of you have been reading between the lines as of late, but news flash, ROH SUCKS, and a lot of the talent is really unhappy about how things are happening there right now. Not only from a contractual point of view, but also how creative and a lot of things internally.

I know this will hit some of you a little too hard, but ROH has become TNA in a lot of ways.
Time stamp 1:26:40

http://www.sheetsandwich.com/073-annive ... s-memorie/

Talking Sheet takes a look at this since I pushed the subject on Thursday. We've apparently only hit the surface, and it seems that major changes could be coming soon, including on both the creative and administrative side.

This is a developing story and it's incredibly obvious that Meltzer and Johnson are pulling punches to avoid burning the ROH office as a source. Also remember that ROH names were guests on Wrestling Observer Live this week as I was pushing this issue.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/05/07/ ... -nfl-comm/
– Among wrestlers, there is a mix of internal feelings about Ring of Honor heading into the big “War of the Worlds” tour.

Most of the mixture centers on how certain wrestlers are booked and whether their ideas are valued behind-the-scenes. This points back to head booker Delirious, whose management style led to veteran wrestler Christopher Daniels being added to the mix as an agent/liaison for talent.

Plus, wrestlers wanting to see the benefits of the relationship with New Japan, but wondering why they keep being booked to lose matches, especially on U.S. shows.

– PWTorch has learned that two wrestlers likely heading out the door when their contracts are due are Roderick Strong and Moose.

Sources say Strong was not pleased with how his ROH TV Title run abruptly ended when he dropped the title to Tomohiro Ishii in February in Japan.

Meanwhile, Moose is expected to entertain long-term offers from multiple promotions, including ROH, when his contract is due.
Last edited by supersonic on Sun May 08, 2016 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
monster mafia

Re: MAJOR ROSTER ROSTER STRIFE/TURMOIL

Post by monster mafia »

adam cole?
moose?
redragon?
dalton castle?
cedric?
ach?
supersonic

Re: MAJOR ROSTER STRIFE/TURMOIL

Post by supersonic »

I will not provide names or hints unless the stars in question come public or someone else publicly breaks the scoop. I will not be used as a scapegoat for any potential career derailment.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Jay Lethal & reDRagon signed this year, Cole is said to have a long contract, Bucks are signed until they end of the year so i guess it has to be Moose, Cedric, ACH or someone like that.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

supersonic wrote:I will not provide names or hints unless the stars in question come public or someone else publicly breaks the scoop. I will not be used as a scapegoat for any potential career derailment.
You're starting this thread why? Besides being able to say "Oooooh, I know a secret and I'm not telling!"
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Something to keep an eye on while gushing over the crossover cards throughout the next week.

I believe the Young Bucks contract did major damage damage to ROH's pay structure and negotiation leverage, which has resulted in this. It appears that after giving in to reDRagon, the company is holding its ground now, leading to this strife and possible talent departures.

I only posted this because no reputable reporter in the industry came forward, which is disappointing and makes me question if Meltzer, Keller, Caldwell, and Johnson are trying to protect the company's image and especially keep Hunter Johnston away from public scrutiny.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Young Bucks deserved that money, they are one of the few true draws left outside WWE.

If you are not Cole, reDRagon, Lethal or The Briscoes and you are asking for top money to stay in the company they are smart in let you go.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Thu May 05, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

It's only Roddy and Moose right now. Stokely as well as he has some heat because he worked E in Dallas. He's done after next weekend. Cole is gone when his contract is up, but that is not until the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm not sure if many of you have been reading between the lines as of late, but news flash, ROH SUCKS, and a lot of the talent is really unhappy about how things are happening there right now. Not only from a contractual point of view, but also how creative and a lot of things internally.

I know this will hit some of you a little too hard, but ROH has become TNA in a lot of ways.
Last edited by ninetwentyfour on Thu May 05, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

ninetwentyfour wrote:It's only Roddy and Moose right now. Stokely as well as he has some heat because he worked E in Dallas. He's done after next weekend. Cole is gone when his contract is up, but that is not until the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm not sure if many of you have been reading between the lines as of late, but news flash, ROH SUCKS, and a lot of the talent is really unhappy about how things are happening there right now not only from a contractual point of view, but also how creative and a lot of things are happening internally right now.

Don't disagree with this at all. Delirious just needs to go.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

ninetwentyfour wrote:It's only Roddy and Moose right now. Stokely as well as he has some heat because he worked E in Dallas. He's done after next weekend. Cole is gone when his contract is up, but that is not until the end of the year at the earliest.

I'm not sure if many of you have been reading between the lines as of late, but news flash, ROH SUCKS, and a lot of the talent is really unhappy about how things are happening there right now not only from a contractual point of view, but also how creative and a lot of things are happening internally right now.

So where are they expected to go? Is TNA throwing big money their way or will they do like Elgin?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

supersonic wrote:
I only posted this because no reputable reporter in the industry came forward, which is disappointing and makes me question if Meltzer, Keller, Caldwell, and Johnson are trying to protect the company's image and especially keep Hunter Johnston away from public scrutiny.
I'm not quite sure if the softness towards Delirious from Dave and Bryan is because he's their buddy or because they're not paying enough attention to ROH to even notice the booking problems.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I can confirm that 924 is accurate on every name.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

LJimmy wrote:

So where are they expected to go? Is TNA throwing big money their way or will they do like Elgin?
Roddy will probably go to NXT now. He was going to last year, but then ROH snuck in there and outbid them. Could they again? If they get that desperate. They certainly have the pockets to do it. Roddy may finally be ready to move on from ROH, too, from my understanding, but if the money is good enough I don't see why he wouldn't stick around.

In my opinion, I think ROH will lock Moose back down, but right now all sides expect him to be out.

Cole basically has a WWE deal waiting for him.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

LJimmy wrote:

I would assume that of those mentioned:

Cole - WWE. If anything, it's weird they didn't take him a year ago but I guess he was hurt.
Moose - New Japan. That's pretty clear. Which means he'll still get ROH dates.
Strong - Who knows. If I were him I'd sit tight unless I got a good NJPW offer.

Cedric Alexander I would assume is also on his way out. I doubt anybody else goes anywhere.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: COLE, STRONG, MOOSE, HATHAWAY LIKELY TO LEAVE ROH

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Probably explains why Christopher Daniels got a more authoritative position in the locker room. He has pretty much the respect of everybody, so if anybody could quell the mutiny it would be him.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This went from roster revolt to just the name we all knew + Roddy fairly quick. :lol:

I mean you can also add Young Bucks with Cole once their contract is up most likely
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:This went from roster revolt to just the name we all knew + Roddy fairly quick. :lol:

I mean you can also add Young Bucks with Cole once their contract is up most likely
You're missing the bigger picture. Talent is unhappy.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

On one hand, as much as I love Roddy, I would love to see him in the E just to see if they could transfuse mic skills into him. It would be worth it just to see what they did with him on the main roster if he made it that far.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Probably explains why Christopher Daniels got a more authoritative position in the locker room. He has pretty much the respect of everybody, so if anybody could quell the mutiny it would be him.
I'm not seeing much of a "mutiny" here, though.

I'd be begging Evolve to take Hathaway off my hands.

Cole and Moose we knew were pretty much going.

Strong is exploring his options, who can blame him.

I'm not surprised talent is unhappy, because the creative does indeed suck. But I was promised TURMOIL and A QUARTER OF THE CONTRACTED TALENT LEAVING. Nope.
Last edited by Burnside on Thu May 05, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT !!!

Bringing "old" farts back (guys like Shelley, Sabin and Cabana aren't 60, but they've been around forever), turning some of the hottest acts in wrestling to just "guys on the roster" in no time (ACH and the Young Bucks), not restocking the shelves in any way (but hey, CHEESEBURGER is over) and being so reliant on NJPW is hurting the product an awful lot. Of course creative is garbage and has been for well over 18 months, but I don't feel that the talent is there either.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.