TURMOIL/LIKELY ROSTER DEPARTURES - DEVELOPING STORY

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DBSommer

Re: COLE, STRONG, MOOSE, HATHAWAY LIKELY TO LEAVE ROH

Post by DBSommer »

JTCole wrote:
DBSommer wrote:
JTCole wrote:I'd love to see Roddy in NXT, he'd thrive there.
That's a terrible thing to foist on Roddy. Let him have a chance at the real big time in 'E' proper, not wallow in their developmental league. You should want him to thrive there, not be talent enhancement for the guys that eventually get there.
Well he wouldn't necessarily be enhancement talent. And whether NXT is a developmental league or not there's tremendous talent there for Roddy to work with.

Of course NXT is a developmental league. It's what minor-league baseball is to the pros. You're in NXT to get to WWE, not to stay in NXT, anymore than ballplayers aspire to be a Toledo Mudhen. Or football players a Cleveland Brown.

And I didn't mean jobber, but a guy they never plan on moving up to the big league, but using him to make the minor league guys they do want to move up to the big league, better. Roddy's worked with tremendous talents his entire career, so doing more of the same in NXT would be a lateral move. If Roddy is leaving for NXT, it should be to (eventually) moved up to WWE. As Supersonic said, he needs to get that mic skill transfusion and to make sure he can work the style the E wants him to work, but no one should be 'wishing' him to be an NXT guy. The wish is to be elevated to that last step he hasn't made yet.

After the appropriate honing, of course.
Thelone

Re: MAJOR ROSTER STRIFE/TURMOIL

Post by Thelone »

Wilson wrote:I should've written "the depths" of the roster to be clearer. If you include some of the NJPW talent, the roster has a lot of people to write for and ROH isn't up for writing them.
#LOLNJPWWins isn't that hard, but that kinda makes your actual roster look fifth-rate because they're losing all the time.
And it's unfair to say ridiculously thin, at least in regards to the talent. Adam Cole, Jay Briscoe, Kyle O'Reilly, Roderick Strong, Bobby Fish, and Jay Lethal are all great and there are plenty of good midcard workers as well. They've just been the same guys for the past two or some odd years, mucking around while creative books as safely as they can.
Lethal is just an overpushed midcarder and his endless reign has been total death to me. O'Reilly has been presented as a complete loser for almost his entire run and I couldn't care less about his upcoming world title reign. Jay and Roddy have been spinning their wheels forever and I kinda don't care much about them in ROH at this point. Fish is solid and Cole is the only one that feels like a proper main eventer in today's ROH, so of course they push him aside for whatever reason.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Also, supersonic, because I saw you posted this on the board... Dave has been out to lunch on ROH for years, mainly due in part to he and Bryan's relationship with Delirious. He won't put out anything that would effect that.

Nevermind that this is spreading like a wildfire on social media, and has been culminating for a good minute. I've personally heard it from people in the company and on social media.

Imagine waiting for Dave to break anything these days.

I'm surprised people have never picked up on my scoops dropping around here.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

One last thing supersonic...

With that said, and I know people will have fun with this one, it should be interpreted with the idea that Sinclair/ROH could step in at any moment and do something stupid, similar to what they did with The Bucks, and re-sign any of these guys. It's sort of speculation on all of our parts. See previous post about specific guys situations.

I more so want people to pick up on the idea of internal unhappiness (Low Morale~!) swirling backstage. That is a definitive.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

This a non story . It is just the wrestling business . Hathaway is a non factor . He was just asking to be fired by working Gabe's shows. Everyone knows Moose 's contract is up and either go to NJPW or jump to NXT . Moose is just a poor fit for ROH , but Vince loves big men.

Strong has been in ROH since 2003 , he has done everything in the company. He should move on to a new challenge.

I would tend to think Cole is working an angle with Taven's new Kingdom . We all know Cole has a long term deal. I am sure Cole is move after his deal is up , just the nature of the business.

A few guys leave and new guys come in to fill the void. People like Bull Johnson , Juice Robinson , Keith Lee, Shane Taylor , Punisher Martinez , Jason Kincaid , Jay White and many others are are waiting in the wings. Plus the E fired a bunch of mid carders pretty soon to reduce their talent budget .

This is just business as usual
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

When Ciampa was unhappy you could tell a mile away for example, same with Elgin and with others if there is really unhappiness the wrestlers are doing a hell of a job trying to not show it.
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Thu May 05, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Last edited by ninetwentyfour on Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

187_Joeism wrote:When Ciampa was unhappy you could tell a mile away for example, same with Elgin and with others if there is really unhappiness the wrestlers are doing a hell of a job trying to not show it.
That's because there's something to being a professional, and why a lot of them got to this point in their career.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

This is the first time i see a whole lockeroom do that if that´s the case, there is always someone that post or do something to show that they are unhappy.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer wrote:Moose has offers from everyone. His deal is up soon and of course he's fielding offers. He'll go wherever the best is for his career.

I'll get Strong's dates but he had a number of offers last year in August ish but stayed and it'll be the same this year as far as multiple offers but no idea what he'll decide.

WWE has been after Cole for a long time. He can go whenever he's free. Pretty much have said that many times. He's got a long time left on his deal.

TNA has been trying to get ROH guys whose deals are up.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

How can TNA sign ROH talents when they are broke ? If you are not going to NXT/ WWE why would any talent leave ROH . At least you will get paid and paid on time.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Memphis Mark wrote:How can TNA sign ROH talents when they are broke ? If you are not going to NXT/ WWE why would any talent leave ROH . At least you will get paid and paid on time.
Somehow TNA has money again apparently.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Dave takes orders from the ROH office.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Veda Scott
‏@itsvedatime
Half of social media is people posting hilarious, attention-seeking dramatics and the other half is people screencapping it for our friends
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Veda Scott is missing the point and pretty much telling us we have no voice. Is it attention seeking dramatics when a group of fans say, "The product sucks and here's why,"? No, it's the passion of a fanbase fed up with shitty booking and it appears some talent is sick of it.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

You don´t have to be fed up with all the wrestling available out there, not every company is going to be booked for you.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

This doesn't seem like any surprise to me. People have been speculating for years that Cole isn't going to stay in ROH forever. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Strong has been around seemingly forever, but even he had quite a while there where he wasn't under contract and honestly for that time there wasn't a ton of places to go. But with NXT hiring who they are now, doesn't that seem like and obvious choice? Especially when ROH positions him as a top star, but never THE top star. It's not like Strong's main eventing shows every night.
Most people have also seen that Moose has potential to outgrow ROH very quickly in terms of his physical attributes. At the same time, is losing Moose a huge loss? People on here usually complain about him more than not, hoping he'll go to NJPW just so we don't have to seem and all that.
Hathaway...honestly, who cares? The guy doesn't wrestle in ROH and isn't all that outstanding as a manager.

Anyways, these discussions and rumors happen all the time. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. I'll stick by my general rule in wrestling of not believing anything until it actually happens.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Supersonic, ask Dave why he skipped over the part about morale.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Veda Scott is missing the point and pretty much telling us we have no voice. Is it attention seeking dramatics when a group of fans say, "The product sucks and here's why,"? No, it's the passion of a fanbase fed up with shitty booking and it appears some talent is sick of it.
Seems like she has these types of observations a lot. Maybe that comment had nothing to do with these rumors?