Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by Brada »

I know I have asked it before, but how long are they actually going to draw out Corino and Whitmer? This is getting close to a 2 year program now..what's on the flash drive?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Only got to watch half of the PPV last night due to work, DVR'd it watching the rest now. Things I liked of what I saw so far...the Frontier Fieldhouse looked amazing last night. Sort of like the booking in the four way except that Page took the pin then again I don't like that either one of them had to be pinned in that match, Castle looked smart, Roddy still looks strong, pun intended. Haven't seen much of Naito's heel work due to my web browser for some reason not allowing me to visit NJPW World, last night in my eyes he went from being a creepy looking sucky babyface to being a creepy looking awesome heel, wanna see him in a match against Dalton Castle now. I had to leave for work about halfway through the Okada & Moose vs. Elgin & Tanahashi match, liked what I saw of it, and I was reminded how much ROH should be missing Elgin right now, since he left a main event presence left as well, miss him in ROH.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

My thoughts on the main event angle:

- Fuck finishes aren't inherently bad, and this wasn't an inherently bad fuck finish. (Full disclosure: I don't care about Colt Cabana, which probably helps in this case). If this was the first PPV main event fuck finish in like 2 years, I would have zero problem with it. Unfortunately, they've gone to the fuck finish well several times in the past 12 months and it's just too often.

- Adam Cole and the Young Bucks are intrinsically interesting and charismatic performers, and that's what's largely going to have to carry this because it's the Nexus/Aces & Eights/SCUM angle yet again. The SCUM angle was only three years ago.

- This was supposed to be a big-time serious heel angle, and fucking Steve Corino is shrieking "SUPERKICK!" the whole time like a gleeful child. When they finally attacked him it was a total babyface move for me.

- Speaking of which, Bullet Club will be treated like giant babyfaces by live crowds in pretty much every market unless they can find a way to beat up Colt Cabana in Chicago on every single show. So another angle where the cool heels will fight the lame babyfaces as everybody cheers the heels.

- I would have liked to see Naito run down to try to save Lethal and also get taken out.

- Did the live crowd even understand that was the Bucks' dad?
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Did anyone watch this on Fite TV, or even know about that? They were there live handing out free can koozies. When I asked the guy "what's on Fite TV?" he said "you can watch a broadcast of this show on there" and then mumbled something about mma and evolve. This is the first I heard anything of it. So the only people this broadcast option was advertised to were literally the only group of people that would have zero interest in purchasing a live broadcast?
I heard about FITE TV while lstening to JR's podcast with Austin Aries. I downloaded it and tried it out. Basically there's a bunch of stuff on there, and it connects from your phone to a device, like chromecast or your xbox. It was just too choppy. play for a minute then stop, play for 15 seconds then stop so, I just decided to order the PPV on DirecTv. I still have the app, and it notifies me every time an event starts on it.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t think they should even try to make Bullet Club heels because is a waste of time and could lead to trying some bullshit things just for the crowd to hate them. I prefer having Bullet Club act like heels/dick and let the crowd do whatever they want with it.

Bullet Club are not heels really "I will do all this cool moves that you want to see and them i will sell you my even cooler T-Shirt".
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Mon May 09, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brada

Post by Brada »

The main event angle might have played out a little better had roster members come down to try to get them out of the ring. Use the psychology of people they have had issue with...O'Reilly, several tag teams, etc....rather than ring crew folks...just my 2 cents...

Thought it was a good show though. Briscoes War Machine was REALLY good.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Brada wrote:^^^^^^^ Good question. Seems to me that everyone marks out for them. Makes you wonder what they would have to do to draw legitimate heat?
Add someone really lame to the group.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Brada wrote:The main event angle might have played out a little better had roster members come down to try to get them out of the ring. Use the psychology of people they have had issue with...O'Reilly, several tag teams, etc....rather than ring crew folks...just my 2 cents...
I think there are two reasons they didn't do that:

1. People really would think, "Hey, this is the SCUM angle again."

2. The Bullet Club only had five guys. Five guys shouldn't be able to beat up ROH's entire roster, or even just all the faces. It woudl have made every face look like a joke.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

dhads7161 wrote:
Brada wrote:^^^^^^^ Good question. Seems to me that everyone marks out for them. Makes you wonder what they would have to do to draw legitimate heat?
Exactly. Get Rhett Titus and Joey Daddiego in there!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Did anyone watch this on Fite TV, or even know about that? They were there live handing out free can koozies. When I asked the guy "what's on Fite TV?" he said "you can watch a broadcast of this show on there" and then mumbled something about mma and evolve. This is the first I heard anything of it. So the only people this broadcast option was advertised to were literally the only group of people that would have zero interest in purchasing a live broadcast?
So that's what the red koozie I got at EVOLVE 58 was for.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Burnside wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:
Exactly. Get Rhett Titus and Joey Daddiego in there!
BJ WHITMER!!!
Brada

Post by Brada »

Burnside wrote:
Brada wrote:The main event angle might have played out a little better had roster members come down to try to get them out of the ring. Use the psychology of people they have had issue with...O'Reilly, several tag teams, etc....rather than ring crew folks...just my 2 cents...
I think there are two reasons they didn't do that:

1. People really would think, "Hey, this is the SCUM angle again."

2. The Bullet Club only had five guys. Five guys shouldn't be able to beat up ROH's entire roster, or even just all the faces. It woudl have made every face look like a joke.

Yeah, good points for sure.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

It's only the SCUM angle all over again if Matt Hardy shows up and they do a poor job editing a promotional poster to where his t-shirt says CUM on it.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Does last night turn Lethal face?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Looking for the changes they can do to the shows to include Bullet Club, they are going to do ROH All Stars (Jay Lethal/Roderick Strong/Jay Briscoe) vs NJPW All Stars (Okada/Tanahashi/Ishii) vs Bullet Club (Cole/Bucks) in New York, right?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:Looking for the changes they can do to the shows to include Bullet Club, they are going to do ROH All Stars (Jay Lethal/Roderick Strong/Jay Briscoe) vs NJPW All Stars (Okada/Tanahashi/Ishii) vs Bullet Club (Cole/Bucks) in New York, right?
That does seem possible, and would also explain why no match has yet been announced for the Bucks,
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

One thing about Fish now is that they are going to turn him i think, no heel challengers aside Roddy & Silas for him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

187_Joeism wrote:One thing about Fish now is that they are going to turn him i think, no heel challengers aside Roddy & Silas for him.
Fish gets a bigger head and begins to put down O'Reilly?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think turning heel can also heel Kyle because of that, they would be singles wrestlers only. Fish can say that he won a title and Kyle don´t or something like that.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

When did Bucks and Omega win back the NEVER titles? Though Elgin, Yoshitatsu, & Tanahashi still had them?