Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jordidebaas

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by jordidebaas »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I think DX is onto something with the empty space behind Cole's shoulder in that pic. Any thoughts who that might be?
Could be, but I can also see the logic in not placing Cole and Page right next to each other, since they're not really on the same level or anything, so then you would have no choice but to place him on one side
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Exhaust all forms of communication. Twitter, email, etc.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I think DX is onto something with the empty space behind Cole's shoulder in that pic. Any thoughts who that might be?
I mean, it could be nothing, but it's a pretty noticeable space. I feel like that's a spot that's meant to be filled.

It's just some fan-made artwork, guys.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Embracejg wrote: Yes? Then we're good. Arguing about heels getting cheered, etc, is totally irrelevant in the post-kayfabe world.
This is such nonsense. Everybody knows movies and TV shows are fake, yet somehow people are still able to emotionally invest in heroes and villains. The same would be true in wrestling if bookers have actual storytelling skills.

Nobody comes home from a movie and says, "I don't give a fuck what that movie was about and it made no sense, but I give it four stars because the actors were great - I just want to see good acting and actors in scenes together who haven't acted together before!"
ICW

Post by ICW »

supersonic wrote:Exhaust all forms of communication. Twitter, email, etc.
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm sure they'll have a similar set-up as Field of Honor but I want to be sure.
stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason »

What's the best way to find out as soon as they release tickets for the next Dearborn show in October? I'd like to try and get front row this time.
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

stevenkmason wrote:What's the best way to find out as soon as they release tickets for the next Dearborn show in October? I'd like to try and get front row this time.
Get on the venue's mailing list. They'll send you an email days before the tickets go on sale and maybe even notice to an advanced presale. Otherwise checking on rohwrestling.com frequently under live events.
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

stevenkmason wrote:What's the best way to find out as soon as they release tickets for the next Dearborn show in October? I'd like to try and get front row this time.
be a ringside member on rohwrestling.com
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Burnside wrote:
Embracejg wrote: Yes? Then we're good. Arguing about heels getting cheered, etc, is totally irrelevant in the post-kayfabe world.
This is such nonsense. Everybody knows movies and TV shows are fake, yet somehow people are still able to emotionally invest in heroes and villains. The same would be true in wrestling if bookers have actual storytelling skills.

Nobody comes home from a movie and says, "I don't give a fuck what that movie was about and it made no sense, but I give it four stars because the actors were great - I just want to see good acting and actors in scenes together who haven't acted together before!"
Not to mention how entertaining it is to see a heel do heel stuff and get booed out of the fucking building
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

In Chicago, it was like you described it being at Field of Honor, though I can't recall if anyone used a credit card.
ICW

Post by ICW »

Embracejg wrote:In Chicago, it was like you described it being at Field of Honor, though I can't recall if anyone used a credit card.
So there was a ticket table and they handed you individual autograph tickets to give to the wrestlers?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ICW wrote:Hey guys,

I'm attending the War of the Worlds Terminal 5 show on Saturday and I have a question regarding the pre-show autograph signing. It seems like most people prefer to pay with cash but I'm looking to pay with a Credit Card. I see that the ROH site says they accept all major credit cards but I've been told you have to pay the wrestlers directly (with cash). Is this true? I went to Field of Honor last June and I paid at a ticket table via CC but I've asked people who attended this past WotW show and they claimed it was cash only.

Thanks!
Yes, it's cash only.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote: Adding Adam Page to the Bullet Club doesn't bother me either. He is very talented and was spinning his wheels and floundering as a babyface curtain-jerker. He showed during the latter portion of the Decade run that he has potential as a heel. Hopefully he's not just there to eat all the pins when the Bullet Club needs to job (but he probably is).
I'd agree with this. Page's case actually reminds me a bit of Caleb Konley during his tenure in DG USA/Evolve. Both were solid, young wrestlers when they first came in, before both were soon put into, and spent a lot of time in, lower-mid card heel groups that many people genuinely disliked (The Scene & The Decade). Once they both broke away from these groups, they spent time as faces, but really weren't going anywhere until they joined a more prominent heel group. Say what you will about The Premiere Athlete Brand, but Konley being part of that group did elevate his position on Evolve cards. I think the same thing could work here for Adam Page. Plus, like you said, I think he's better off right now as a heel (especially given his current look).
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I really don´t care if Adam Page is the fall guy in the Bullet Club multi tag matches if they let him beat The Briscoes and others.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Adam Page seems like he is dangerously close to being damaged goods. His babyface run was very flimsy—as a character, as a promo, on getting reactions. It’s refreshing to see him in a clear place on the card, but he could very easily become the undercard fall guy for the American Bullet Club. Further from all that, Page might find himself as the gauche black sheep without any prior relation to Cole or the Young Bucks. The crowd could easily reject him as a legitimate member, not deigning to give him a reaction.

I would like to see Page grow, but I’m very tentative of the long-term effects of his inclusion.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Officially added to tonight:

Also listed....
NON TITLE
DONOVAN DIJAK W/ PRINCE NANA VS. JAY LETHAL W/ TAELER HENDRIX

NON TITLE
IWGP Heavyweight Champion TETSUYA NAITO VS. MOOSE W/ STOKELY HATHAWAY

2015 BEST OF THE SUPER JUNIOR FINALS RE-MATCH
KYLE O'REILLY VS. KUSHIDA

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
ELGIN/TANAHASHI/YOSHI TATSU VS. KENNY OMEGA/YOUNG BUCKS

SINGLES MATCH
MATT SYDAL VS. KAZUCHIKA OKADA

TOMOHIRO ISHII VS. WILL FERRARA

ALL NIGHT EXPRESS VS. JUSHIN LIGER/CHEESEBURGER

MARK & JAY BRISCOE/JAY LETHAL/RODERICK STRONG VS. GUERRILAS OF DESTINY (TAMA TONGA & TANGA ROA)/YOUNG BUCKS

ALSO SIGNED TO APPEAR
THE BRISCOES
THE YOUNG BUCKS
GUERRILLAS of DESTINY
RPG VICE
GEDO
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS
DALTON CASTLE w/ the BOYS
“HANGMAN” ADAM PAGE
CAPRICE COLEMAN
CEDRIC ALEXANDER w/ VEDA SCOTT
BJ WHITMER
ACH
SILAS YOUNG
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cedric listed for toronto and nyc...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Wilson wrote:Adam Page seems like he is dangerously close to being damaged goods. His babyface run was very flimsy—as a character, as a promo, on getting reactions. It’s refreshing to see him in a clear place on the card, but he could very easily become the undercard fall guy for the American Bullet Club. Further from all that, Page might find himself as the gauche black sheep without any prior relation to Cole or the Young Bucks. The crowd could easily reject him as a legitimate member, not deigning to give him a reaction.

I would like to see Page grow, but I’m very tentative of the long-term effects of his inclusion.
Or they could taken him more serious for being around Cole & The Bucks, we will see.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote:cedric listed for toronto and nyc...
Well he's gonna be squashed by Dijak in NYC. I'm more stunned by the fact that they're still promoting Coleman for some reason even though he hasn't been around since early February.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

monster mafia wrote:cedric listed for toronto and nyc...
I believe Cedric and Hathaway are finishing up with ROH this week.