Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Burnside

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:
He can´t be cocky/cool or whatever you wanna call it
Have you seen any promos by The Rock?
187_Joeism wrote: + i never see a good babyface promo of him.
When was the last time he really had a chance? His fake babyface promos during his brief fake babyface turn last year were still better than any actual babyface promos Kyle O'Reilly has ever cut.
187_Joeism wrote: You are having a hard time finding great heels in this day and age, wasting one of your best as a babyface is a wrong decision.
When a heel can't be a heel anymore, he has to have a face run. It wouldn't kill him. Keeping him heel kills every face he feuds with because nobody can get cheered against him. So you end up with Cool Heel vs Babyface With Balls Cut Off.

You know what's even harder to find than great heels, and even more valuable? Great babyfaces.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If you want Cole to be babyface that´s ok, i think he is too good of a heel to be used as babyface. I don´t think he can ever be as good as a babyface as he is as a heel, i can be wrong and if he ever does i will admit it. I really think that people would get tired of babyface Cole real quick after a few months.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think with Kyle the best thing would be to build him up again, if they are having a new title brought in for the male section of the brand have him win that hold it for a while then maybe have him provoke Fish or challenge Fish to prove who is the better champion after both having long runs, have Kyle win both titles and then move onto the Champ of that time. All of that should give everyone enough rub, time on TV/PPV and without breaking anyone up.

I think with Cole you can hate him but like with Bullet Club they are going have to make all their positives their negatives, it can be done but they will have to careful that they don't end up being corny characters as it's going to take them all to really emphasize their personalities and in the end piss us off so much that we want to see them die. Like I say it can be done but it will take big moments and maybe bringing back some names fans can really cling onto, maybe Jack Evans and Hero are a couple that could do that, also it wouldn't half help if there was a female on the roster that the audience could connect with and feel sorry if the Bullet Club attacked her.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t know how build him up again will solve anything, if he is not ready now for the title i don´t see how he will ever be.
Saintpat

Post by Saintpat »

supersonic wrote:Only two of those names could dethrone Lethal RIGHT NOW and the decision would be taken seriously.
Don't be silly. Several people on this board were obviously willing to accept Colt Cabana -- a comedy wrestler who's not even super-active on the indie scene anymore and who hasn't been on the roster in forever -- beating Lethal. One promo and he was taken seriously as a title challenger.

Adam Cole, Jay Brisco, Kyle O'Reilly and Roddy would all be believable if they did a one-month angle and took the title. I'd venture you could do so with Castle or Moose, although there would be skeptics (probably less so for Dalton because he's massively over and people would get behind a major push because they like him).

And if you look at TV and tag title challengers who would be taken seriously, there's an abundance.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

187_Joeism wrote:I don´t know how build him up again will solve anything, if he is not ready now for the title i don´t see how he will ever be.
I think like any wrestler they need experience with holding a minor title first before they really know what to do at a main event level, with Kyle people just didn't believe he was going to do it, now if you give the audience that belief from proof of previous title runs then it when it comes to that big moment I think the crowd will react the right way. I think the main proof of that is when Kyle had the crowd eating of hands when he faced Lethal for the TV title and in the end they screwed the pooch by not giving him those extra five minutes or the title. I think we would have seen a very different Kyle by now if they had ran with Kyle from that moment.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Jay Lethal is now de facto a babyface, so Adam Cole is the only person who can become the next champion. (And it’s nigh impossible for me to believe that there’s any time left for Lethal as champion.)

Whom the succeeding contenders may be is a big question mark. I’m not very excited to find out.
Last edited by Wilson on Tue May 10, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think that crowd will react well to Kyle if they let him have good matches with clean finishes. He is very underrated here i think, he can produce main event matches in a regular basis if they give him the chance. He is one of the best technical wrestlers of the company.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@TOKSFALE 3h3 hours ago
We've always had a plan and now we're here. The #BulletClub owns the wrestling world
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote:Jay Lethal is now de facto a babyface, so Adam Cole is the only person who can become the next champion. (And it’s nigh impossible for me to believe that there’s any time left for Lethal as champion.)

Whom the succeeding contenders may be is a big question mark. I’m not very excited to find out.
Considering who they went with in the main event that's not the case for the moment, plus he can still be heel around a heel stable he may not give a shit about us a fans or ROH in general but he cares about the title so he can still stand apart as a heel from the Bullet Club but that's just my opinion.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Hoping they do a Bullet Club vs. Cabana/Lethal/maybe Briscoe.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
@TOKSFALE 3h3 hours ago
We've always had a plan and now we're here. The #BulletClub owns the wrestling world
I'll admit, that I think this is bad ass.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:You book them like faces and turn all the roster as heels then? Makes no sense.
It doesn't need to be an invasion storyline. You could have done BC (faces) vs. HoT (heels) and give the belt to Cole, then move on to something like BC vs. New Kingdom.
Wow. This is clean, simple, effective booking that makes, you know, sense.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
@TOKSFALE 3h3 hours ago
I'll admit, that I think this is bad ass.
I think what's interesting about that image is that there is seemingly an open space to Cole's upper right, so would that possibly indicate that another person could be joining before the end of this tour?

Also, it made me chuckle a little bit to see that Jeff Jarrett & GFW were complete ignored there by Bad Luck Fale (deservedly so).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:If you want Cole to be babyface that´s ok, i think he is too good of a heel to be used as babyface. I don´t think he can ever be as good as a babyface as he is as a heel, i can be wrong and if he ever does i will admit it. I really think that people would get tired of babyface Cole real quick after a few months.
I disagree. Cole is at point in his career where his character is over no matter what. A babyface turn wouldn't hurt at all. Now we are possibly getting a face Lethal? Who's going to cheer him over Cole?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:Invaders being faces makes no sense, let´s be honest here, right now in wrestling you don´t have real heels anymore. Have them act like heels and let the crowd cheer for them if they want.
It's okay to do that if the extent of their heel actions is a generally dickish attitude like you see from most guys in EVOLVE or like Roddy usually does as a heel, but when they are running around cheating and assaulting innocent people, it looks really bad on TV to have the crowd going wild for these horrible, terrible human beings.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote:But that shouldn't be an excuse for ROH or any other wrestling company. Book your heels to be heels and they'll be heels. Bullet Club aren't really booked like heels. They're like the NWO, they're "cool". Lethal is a heel.

One of the major problems with ROH is that they have no built up faces. If you had a beloved face who was built up to win the belt and then a heel fucked him out of that belt, heel would get major heat, face would get major sympathy. It's very simple.
If you do that people would blame the booker for booking that instead of the wrestler
Not if you use your DQs and f*ck finishes sparingly. Don't forget that the reason we have this extreme distaste for DQs and run-ins and count-outs and see them as "cheap" finishes because they were being done to death. Every once in a while, a DQ is okay.
Big Red Machine

Burnside wrote:
KennyNO wrote:The Bullet Club themselves don't help matters much. They are very interactive with the fans in a positive way. They don't really put forth an effort to do the little things heels would do.
We're really talking about the Bucks here. Cole will work pretty hard to actually be a heel, and the other guys don't really matter that much.

The Bucks are just not willing to be heels, or they don't know how. Since that's the case, they shouldn't be heels.
I agree that the problem is the Bucks, but I think it's a bigger problem than not wanting or understand how to be heels. I think they just don't get booking or showing your ass in general. Back when they were faces, pretty much ever segment they were in resulted in them coming out on top, and superkicking the heels, resulting in no one ever getting any heat on them, either.
Or maybe they do get it and just have this Hogan-esque need to never look weak.
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

How about this---will this result in some interesting matches?

Yes? Then we're good. Arguing about heels getting cheered, etc, is totally irrelevant in the post-kayfabe world.