Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:War Machine losing the titles against the Bucks doesn´t hurt them at all IMO
Especially if the rest of Bullet Club interferes and screws them.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Fawrules wrote:The Page one however I actually don't hate, as it at least gives him something to do. Well, in theory.
Yeah, face Page gets zero reaction. I like Page, so I'm fine with this.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Big Red Machine wrote:Did anyone else catch Corino's rape joke last night? Classy.
What was the quote?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

but we cant count tama and his brother as regulars..so that is less people in bullet club usa.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Bullet Club USA is a good name because i think they will add member that are not going to be with New Japan, i would love to see Adam Page in NJPW though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm actually not totally against this. With The Young Bucks having New Japan commitments (especially with Best Of The Super Juniors coming up), they need at least one more member, because Cole being the sole Bullet Club guy on some of these shows would be weird.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

https://twitter.com/WrestlingSchnau/sta ... 6213939200

This is Adam Page attacking Jay Briscoe, the spot looks brutal with the bump
Big Red Machine

Fawrules wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Did anyone else catch Corino's rape joke last night? Classy.
What was the quote?
When Sinclair ejected Taeler and she wouldn't go, Nigel grabbed her by the arm and pulled her backstage. Kevin Kelly described this as Nigel bringing her to the back "unwillingly," at which point Corino said "like all of Nigel's girls."
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kyle pinned Lethal again so at least we have that.
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Looks like @DownWtheFlakes on Twitter is putting out results from tonight's show. Here they are so far:

- Kamaitachi def. Will Ferrara (Dark Match)
What the hell is the point of having a dark match with two main roster guys? It's not a TV taping so just have it be part of the main show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Looks like @DownWtheFlakes on Twitter is putting out results from tonight's show. Here they are so far:

- Kamaitachi def. Will Ferrara (Dark Match)
What the hell is the point of having a dark match with two main roster guys? It's not a TV taping so just have it be part of the main show.
maybe youtube.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DVD extra also i guess
WHG

Post by WHG »

I feel like I'm in bizarro ROH World. I hate the Page thing for a variety of reasons...the first being the "shocking" turn & joining a faction thing gets old really quick. Secondly, Page JUST turned on Whitmer. He was either a face or in a weird limbo (like Lethal & Cole were) where they're heels but their feuds set them up as faces.

Also, it just occurred to me how much better this all would have played if it'd have been Cole & Roddy joining the Bucks to form Mt. Rushmore 2.0 in ROH. The Bullet Club has a brand...but also makes the whole thing instantly stale. Given the reports of Cole & Roddy being unhappy, both of them out destroying Lethal & Cabana with the Bucks would have made it seem much edgier.

I'm one shitty decision away from taking up a pitchfork against Delirious like the rest of you.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They can make Adam Page important with him being with Bucks/Cole, after all the shitty things he did lately i don´t trust Delirious to do it right now but if Page beat The Briscoes & others they can make him an important part of the company.

If they give him the ball i trust that Page can run with it for sure.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:DVD extra also i guess
But why take the time to make it an "extra" when you can just put in the show?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

WHG wrote:I feel like I'm in bizarro ROH World. I hate the Page thing for a variety of reasons...the first being the "shocking" turn & joining a faction thing gets old really quick. Secondly, Page JUST turned on Whitmer. He was either a face or in a weird limbo (like Lethal & Cole were) where they're heels but their feuds set them up as faces.

Also, it just occurred to me how much better this all would have played if it'd have been Cole & Roddy joining the Bucks to form Mt. Rushmore 2.0 in ROH. The Bullet Club has a brand...but also makes the whole thing instantly stale. Given the reports of Cole & Roddy being unhappy, both of them out destroying Lethal & Cabana with the Bucks would have made it seem much edgier.

I'm one shitty decision away from taking up a pitchfork against Delirious like the rest of you.

Yeah but why would you have Roddy join the Bullet Club or Mt Rushmore 2.0 when you can just pick someone randomly out of a hat and get Adam Page? Come on man...start thinking like Delirious! Don't think logically!
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote:I feel like I'm in bizarro ROH World. I hate the Page thing for a variety of reasons...the first being the "shocking" turn & joining a faction thing gets old really quick. Secondly, Page JUST turned on Whitmer. He was either a face or in a weird limbo (like Lethal & Cole were) where they're heels but their feuds set them up as faces.

I agree that it being Bullet Club makes it instantly stale, but I would also argue that it makes ROH look second rate. It's like some other promotion bringing in the nWo in to be their top heels in late 2000. It just makes your promotion as a whole look second rate because you're using someone else's idea that got over in their promotion and just importing it as opposed to getting your own thing over. Using Mount Rushmore would be the same. It's not quite as stale as Bullet Club, but it's still a bit stale and makes ROH look second rate. I have no problem with Cole and Bucks being in a stable together (or even Cole, the Bucks, and Page or something like that), but their name should have been something new.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:They can make Adam Page important with him being with Bucks/Cole, after all the shitty things he did lately i don´t trust Delirious to do it right now but if Page beat The Briscoes & others they can make him an important part of the company.

If they give him the ball i trust that Page can run with it for sure.
I thought this until that Street Fight with Whitmer in San Antonio. I know the finish was rushed, but nothing that happened in the fifteen minutes before that was particularly good, either.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I think all of it reeks of desperation.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Bullet Club has been in ROH for almost 3 years now, they are just using it properly for better or worse.