Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by monster mafia »

187_Joeism wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I think all the complaining here about Delirious was exaggerated but with the end of the PPV and now this i have no idea what he is doing.
I knew you'd come to our side of thinking.
I still don´t agree with everything you guys complained about but i can´t defend this because makes no sense at all.
SAME HERE.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I think all the complaining here about Delirious was exaggerated but with the end of the PPV and now this i have no idea what he is doing.
I knew you'd come to our side of thinking.
I still don´t agree with everything you guys complained about but i can´t defend this because makes no sense at all.
You have potential young grasshopper.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

187_Joeism wrote:
Fawrules wrote:Weren't people on this board complaining about War Machine not being over just last night?
And then they proved people wrong by having a great match, got rewarded with this...
I'm not questioning/arguing that. I just seem to recall people on here still saying they weren't over at all on here immediately afterwards. Forgive me if the crowd had turned around on them by the end of last night's match, as I wasn't watching.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think the crowd/fans were ready to give them a chance after last night perfomance, reading the report they also had a really good match today to add to that.
kconstangs

Post by kconstangs »

Transitional champs. Highly doubt they will be champs after BITW.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Why doing it tonight? Don´t it in the first place but if you want to do it, do it in New York, they made them look like fools
Spoiler: show
Really good back and forth competitive match. I think the result here was never in question but the work was so good that there were 1-2 moments where they had the crowd buying into the idea that Gedo might score the upset. Okada was seen as a major star here.

Out came The Addiction, who said they were not here to congratulate them but to bring them up on charges of being fraudalent champions and having horrible beards. Kazarian said that they were "ZZ Flop" and said that they weren't real champions because the Addiction were the best. Daniels said they won the belts from The Kingdom in December and they never got a rematch. Since they were the prior champions, they were never pinned when they lost the belts and are undefeated in ROH. Their lawyers have petitioned ROH for a title shot this Saturday in NYC.

Hanson said that it was time for The Addiction to shut up. He said they haven't won a match in months and they act like babies and try to hurt those who beat them. He said that they hurt Lio Rush, Liger and Cheeseburger. He said if they want to get hurt in NYC, that's fine. Rowe said they went to war with Briscoes and with the best in New Japan, so if they want a title shot, The Addiction had better get dressed, because they will get the shot tonight, take it or leave it
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

kconstangs wrote:Transitional champs. Highly doubt they will be champs after BITW.
Was about to type the same thing. Transitional champs to The Bucks so we can keep War Machine as babyface challengers sounds about right. (Though I don't foresee any crowd booing The Young Bucks.)
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Fawrules wrote:Weren't people on this board complaining about War Machine not being over just last night? This really isn't even in reference to the outrage over the spoiler from tonight's show, but more genuine puzzlement as I'm seeing people on Twitter calling the match War Machine had last night "A star making performance". Like, which is it?
The attitude on here flip flops like crazy. I was thinking the same thing. People complained about War Machine/Briscoes being on PPV because it was stale, the Briscoes shouldn't be in the title scene, War Machine can't benefit at all from getting facing the Briscoes again or get any sort of rub from them, etc. Saying Delirious doesn't know what he's doing by booking that match.
Well, guess what? Booking that match like he did accomplished exactly what it should have.

The booking isn't as bad as people on here complain. (I'm not talking about the spoiler because I see no logical benefit from that being possible.)
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

the spoiler doesn't make any sense. like, at all. Unless there's an injury that needs to time to heal
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:the spoiler doesn't make any sense. like, at all. Unless there's an injury that needs to time to heal
No injury, just bad booking.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Adam Page drives Jay through a table, Page is now a member of Bullet Club
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Main Event spoiler
The Bullet Club vs. Briscoes & Motor City Machineguns & Adam Page

No Page. The Bucks said he met an early Superkick Party so it's five on four. They jumped them and brawled in the crowd and around ringside as Adam Cole did his storytime with Adam Cole Mic work. Colt Cabana's music hit. Huge pop. He was unadvertised. It was utter chaos from this point on with all sorts of dives, superkicks, etc.

It finally settled down. The Machineguns and then The Bucks used all their synchronized moves. The Bullet Club worked over Shelley for a long time, The Bucks took turns taking him down. The crowd chanted, "Motor City" to rally Shelley. Shelley finally hit an exploder on Nick Jackson out of desperation. Sabin cleaned house. Lots of tags back and forth with good action.

Matt Jackson worked over Cabana and told him to "Suck it" over and over. Cabana nailed the Butt Butt. The Guns went for dives but ate superkicks. All sort of chaos. Way too much to type. The Bucks superkicked the referee. Nigel McGuiness ran to the back to get a ref.. The Bucks did the Indy Taker on the floor on someone.

The Bucks began superkicking everyone. Adam Page ran out to the ring with a chair and the Bucks backed off. He used the chair on Jay Briscoe. It ended up with Mark Briscoe trapped with everyone from the Bullet Club. They destroyed him with a massive superkick and pinned him.

Your winners, The Bullet Club!

A crazy main event. I missed a lot of this because it was so chaotic.

Quite the last few night in ROH. Thanks for logging into PWInsider.com tonight!

They continued the beating and even hung Chris Sabin with a bullrope over the ropes. It was all The Bullet Club being established as the force in ROH.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Fawrules wrote:
kconstangs wrote:Transitional champs. Highly doubt they will be champs after BITW.
Was about to type the same thing. Transitional champs to The Bucks so we can keep War Machine as babyface challengers sounds about right. (Though I don't foresee any crowd booing The Young Bucks.)
Probably right but it doesn't help anything. The Young Bucks are generally accepted as one of if not the best tag teams in the World by a lot of people. Either way War Machine is losing the titles, so I don't see how losing to a mediocre at best team like
The Addiction
hurts them less than losing to a top notch, popular team like the Young Bucks in what would probably be a much better match.

If you want a YB/WM program just have the Bucks challenge, win, and do the rematch. Absolutely no reason for transitional champs here. Especially since Young Bucks/Bullet Club are going full heel now, it makes more sense for them to face War Machine than a heel transitional team.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ADAM PAGE?????????????????????
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bullet club...fo fo fo fo
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

War Machine losing the titles against the Bucks doesn´t hurt them at all IMO
Northwoods_Nightmare

Main event sounds good. Since this is the angle they're going with this needs to be how things go for a while.
I'm not a fan of Page joining BC. He needed to be elevated on the card. Taking out the Briscoes is a great step in that direction, but it seems like he'll still be overshadowed by the Bucks and Cole. Too many people in BC as it is.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

The Page one however I actually don't hate, as it at least gives him something to do. Well, in theory.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Did anyone else catch Corino's rape joke last night? Classy.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If Adam Page cuts a promo saying the now he´s done with The Decade he wants to finish what he started with the Briscoes i don´t mind him joining the Bullet Club.