Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Gedo booked KUSHIDA and O'Reilly straight up in the Super Juniors match last year and I thought it was fucking excellent. Please, please for the love of God Delirious give these two 25 minutes, unmolested, straight up wrestling and the crowd will be eating out of their hands.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

poor will ferrara man... :o
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Okay, so I like this match at face value. However, who doesn't believe for a second Lethal and Briscoe can coexist and this match ends with either one of them fucking the other over, thus costing ROH the match?
Team NJPW does have the same problem with Tanahashi & Okada though.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'll lay down the prediction, ROH's All Stars will win. Something will happen like Strong getting one over on Ishii. I don't see NJPW's guys winning the final match of the tour against ROH's guys.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

could somebody (DX ;)) post the full thus far announced cards for all 4 shows? I kinda lost track what's happening when :D
'
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:could somebody (DX ;)) post the full thus far announced cards for all 4 shows? I kinda lost track what's happening when :D
'
I'll get to it today! I've been very busy with Finals Week here at Penn State (no actual "Final Exam", but five major papers). Once I finish up today, I should be able to have time to update everything (cards, Pick 'Ems, etc...).

Also, Jay Lethal is throwing out the first pitch at the White Sox/Twins game tomorrow:
Ring of Honor Wrestling World Champion Jay Lethal will throw out the ceremonial first pitch Friday, May 6, prior to the American League Central Division leading Chicago White Sox hosting the Minnesota Twins at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago. Lethal will be live Tweeting from the game.

“We are so proud to be a part of Chicago White Sox baseball. Chicago has always been a great Ring of Honor city and now this honor. We are so appreciative to our combined legions of fans,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

On Sunday, May 8, Lethal will defend his World Championship vs Chicago’s native son, Colt Cabana, in the main event of Ring of Honor Wrestling’s “Global Wars” PPV / iPPV. Cabana shook up the wrestling world last month when he made his surprise return to Ring of Honor Wrestling at Supercard of Honor, Day 1, after a five-year absence. The next day, after pinning Lethal in a non-title match, Ring of Honor Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness announced Lethal would have to defend his World Championship against Cabana at Global Wars in Cabana’s home town of Chicago, IL
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:could somebody (DX ;)) post the full thus far announced cards for all 4 shows? I kinda lost track what's happening when :D
'
I'll get to it today! I've been very busy with Finals Week here at Penn State (no actual "Final Exam", but five major papers). Once I finish up today, I should be able to have time to update everything (cards, Pick 'Ems, etc...).

Also, Jay Lethal is throwing out the first pitch at the White Sox/Twins game tomorrow:
Ring of Honor Wrestling World Champion Jay Lethal will throw out the ceremonial first pitch Friday, May 6, prior to the American League Central Division leading Chicago White Sox hosting the Minnesota Twins at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago. Lethal will be live Tweeting from the game.

“We are so proud to be a part of Chicago White Sox baseball. Chicago has always been a great Ring of Honor city and now this honor. We are so appreciative to our combined legions of fans,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

On Sunday, May 8, Lethal will defend his World Championship vs Chicago’s native son, Colt Cabana, in the main event of Ring of Honor Wrestling’s “Global Wars” PPV / iPPV. Cabana shook up the wrestling world last month when he made his surprise return to Ring of Honor Wrestling at Supercard of Honor, Day 1, after a five-year absence. The next day, after pinning Lethal in a non-title match, Ring of Honor Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness announced Lethal would have to defend his World Championship against Cabana at Global Wars in Cabana’s home town of Chicago, IL
Thanks a lot, much appreciated :)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

WotW Tour (Dearborn)
Spoiler: show
The Briscoes vs Motor City Machine Guns

Jay Lethal & Tetsuya Naito vs reDRagon

War Machine vs Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Tomohiro Ishii vs Moose

Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs All Night Express

KUSHIDA vs Dalton Castle

Roderick Strong vs Jushin Thunder Liger

Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser vs ACH & Matt Sydal
WotW Tour (Toronto) TV Taping
Non Title Match: Jay Lethal vs Donovan Dijak

KUSHIDA vs Kyle O´Reilly

Kazuchika Okada vs Matt Sydal

Moose vs Tetsuya Naito

Tomohiro Ishii vs Will Ferrara (Rumored)

The Elite vs Tanahashi, Elgin & Yoshitatsu (Rumored)
WotW Tour (New York)
ROH All Stars vs NJPW All Stars
Jay Lethal/Jay Briscoe/Roderick Strong vs Hiroshi Tanahashi/Tomohiro Ishii/Kazuchika Okada

ACH vs Tetsuya Naito (Rumored)

ROH World Tag Team Championship
War Machine vs reDRagon vs Addiction (Rumored)

Mark Briscoe vs Jushin Thunder Liger (Rumored)

MCMG vs RPG Vice (Rumored)

Lio Rush vs Moose vs Dalton Castle vs Michael Elgin (Rumored)

Silas Young vs KUSHIDA (Rumored)

Cedric Alexander vs Donovan Dijak (Rumored)

ANX vs Guerrillas of Destiny (Rumored)

Matt Sydal vs Gedo (Rumored)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

about time for a briscoes fucking promo

JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Gedo booked KUSHIDA and O'Reilly straight up in the Super Juniors match last year and I thought it was fucking excellent. Please, please for the love of God Delirious give these two 25 minutes, unmolested, straight up wrestling and the crowd will be eating out of their hands.
I just watched this match on NJPW on AXS a few days ago, I was glued to the TV.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Gedo booked KUSHIDA and O'Reilly straight up in the Super Juniors match last year and I thought it was fucking excellent. Please, please for the love of God Delirious give these two 25 minutes, unmolested, straight up wrestling and the crowd will be eating out of their hands.
They don't need 25 minutes. I saw last year live their match at RPW Uprising 2016, just 15-18 min and it was pure gold !
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

For what it's worth, Adam Cole did a small promo for Fite TV & ROH for the PPV. So, unless this was done a while ago, and it could of, he's not 100% inactive.

https://www.facebook.com/FiteTV/videos/ ... 080581798/
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This year the shows look a lot less appealing than they have the past two years. 2014, awesome, last year, pretty good. This year cards seem very meh to me. Too many tags, not enough awesome singles matches. Cheeseburger teaming with Liger on the PPV is a fucking joke. Liger should be in a big match, he's a legend, not teaming with fucking Cheeseburger. That's a TV match, yet it's on a PPV.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

dhads7161 wrote:This year the shows look a lot less appealing than they have the past two years. 2014, awesome, last year, pretty good. This year cards seem very meh to me. Too many tags, not enough awesome singles matches. Cheeseburger teaming with Liger on the PPV is a fucking joke. Liger should be in a big match, he's a legend, not teaming with fucking Cheeseburger. That's a TV match, yet it's on a PPV.
I just rewatched Liger/Pillman from Superbrawl II back in 92'. So fucking awesome. Maybe not by today's standards, but back then, it was great. Liger made me a mark for him back in 91-92. Really was hit when I heard he had a brain tumor toward the end of the 90's and was amazed he not only was okay, but could come back to wrestling.

But Liger is on his way out the door, and really needs to make the way for the younger guys before they get old, like he was back when he hit his 40's a decade ago. He also had his higher profile matches as a legend back in the last 2 years. Since the NJPW guys like Burger (in know it's not logical), and he's getting used, if not Gedo, then Liger's best suited for the role as his partner.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Great promos from O'Reilly, Fish, and the Briscoes. About time we had a classic Briscoe Brothers promo.
That new reDRagon shirt Kyle's wearing looks sweet.

I'm jealous of the Toronto fans that get to see KUSHIDA vs O'Reilly live.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Didn't see this graphic posted yet so....

isles11

Post by isles11 »

monster mafia wrote:about time for a briscoes fucking promo

The amount of beard that's gonna be in this match is crazy.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Credit where Credit is due, I could conceivably see the titles changing hands in all three title matches tomorrow night. Some are more likely than others, mind you, but I don't think any of them are a lock in my mind. When was the last time you could say that about an ROH PPV?