Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Main Event for War Of The Worlds 2016: Night 1 in Dearborn...
Spoiler: show
Dave Meltzer reported in The Wrestling Observer that the Main Event of the 5/9 show in Dearborn, Michigan will be reDRagon vs. Jay Lethal & Tetsuya Naito.
HYPE!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:
Dave Meltzer reported in The Wrestling Observer that the Main Event of the 5/9 show in Dearborn, Michigan will be reDRagon vs. Jay Lethal & Tetsuya Naito.
HYPE!
Is there any reason that they haven't just announced this already? It's not like it would spoil anything that might happen at the PPV.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Your jobber favorite Kyle O'Reilly gets the pin on Lethal more than likely.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:
HYPE!
Is there any reason that they haven't just announced this already? It's not like it would spoil anything that might happen at the PPV.
It probably means that Naito won against O'Reilly after cheating or after Lethal's interference.
They couldn't announce anything yesterday anyway.
ImageImage
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Or they cold just want to announce the PPV card first
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Montana

Post by Montana »

It's a little annoying on the lack of info for War of the worlds Dearborn. I get the PPV is the night before, but the show is about 10 days away, and a there hasn't been a final talent list released, and there hasn't been any official matches signed yet. I guess they are just getting their ducks in a row.
Not super hyped for the rumored main event. Will be good, but i'd prefer a bigger singles match. This seems like a throwaway, in terms of who wins/losses. We'll see... with what's likely to be a large pool of talent, i'd expect a lot of multi-man matches. I'd love to see Omega, but probably not going to happen : (
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

AssShooter wrote:
It probably means that Naito won against O'Reilly after cheating or after Lethal's interference.
They couldn't announce anything yesterday anyway.
That's reading into things way too much. ROH doesn't seem to care about announcing future matches that seem to give away an upcoming result, even title matches. They just throw in a sentence about "so and so could be champion by this time." On the other hand they've been not announcing things very far in advance for a while now, so I think that's just the case here.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160501/ ... JA.twitter

Next month Page will be part of Global Wars, an annual supershow with New Japan Pro Wrestling that features the top performers from each promotion. He willl be part of a four-way match with ACH, Roderick Strong and Dalton Castle at the May 8 pay-per-view in Chicago Ridge, Ill. The “War of the Worlds” tour also includes dates in Dearborn, Mich.; Toronto Canada; and New York City.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that is a good 4 way match up
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

In which he will job yet again.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Burnside wrote:In which he will job yet again.
maybe ,and the 4 guys lost in the booking,thats sad too.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

And now it's official :
We are less than one month away from GLOBAL WARS and the WAR OF THE WORLDS TOUR! The collaborative relationship between Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling continues, bringing you matches and experiences you can't find anywhere else! First up, on Sunday May 8th, GLOBAL WARS is coming to you LIVE on pay-per-view from Chicago Ridge. This massive event kicks off a busy week for the stars of ROH and NJPW, who are hitting the road to Dearborn, Toronto, and New York City!

GLOBAL WARS has already sold out, but you can still catch all of the action on PPV! Incredibly, COLT CABANA has returned to Ring of Honor and he takes on ROH World Champion JAY LETHAL in the GLOBAL WARS main event! But that's just one match in a full night of the best professional wrestling on the planet. Signed for GLOBAL WARS live on pay-per-view:

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERS FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL
ACH VS. DALTON CASTLE VS. VS. ADAM PAGE VS. RODERICK STRONG

At GLOBAL WARS, we finally get the one-on-one ROH World Television Championship between Tomohiro Ishii and Bobby Fish! Will we see a new champion crowned? But regardless of who walks out of Chicago Ridge holding the gold, he'll ALSO know his new number one contender!

ROH Head Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness has surveyed the field and, quite simply, there are too many worthy challengers to just pick one! He's decided that at GLOBAL WARS, four ROH stars will battle it out with an ROH World Television Championship opportunity on the line. Live on pay-per-view, it's going to be ACH vs. Dalton Castle vs. Adam Page vs. Roderick Strong!

Neither ACH nor Dalton Castle have held an ROH championship during their careers, but all agree it's merely a matter of time! ACH has been on a recent upswing, with high profile matches against internationally acclaimed opponents like Kenny Omega and KUSHIDA. Meanwhile, Dalton Castle has finally settled his score with Silas Young, defeating his surly nemesis in a Fight Without Honor!

Speaking of settling scores, in a brutal San Antonio Street Fight, Adam Page finally defeated BJ Whitmer! For the past year, we've seen the evolution of Adam Page from follow to leader who can stand on his own. Now he's finally overcome his former mentor in The Decade and is ready to move onto other things, with championship gold definitely on that agenda!

But while ACH, Castle, and Page might be on a roll right now, they'll still have to contend with ROH Triple Crown Champion Roderick Strong! Strong knows how it feels to be Television Champion, a feat he's accomplished twice so far. Is this the first step to him becoming a three time champion? Roderick Strong is the most experienced athlete in this match and sometimes that makes a huge difference. Any of these four men would make a worthy ROH World Television Champion, but only ONE can leave Chicago Ridge as the number one contender!

Don't miss this or any of the other action brought to you on May 8th featuring the best professional wrestlers on the planet. While GLOBAL WARS has sold out, you can still catch it LIVE on pay-per-view!
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:That's reading into things way too much. ROH doesn't seem to care about announcing future matches that seem to give away an upcoming result, even title matches. They just throw in a sentence about "so and so could be champion by this time." On the other hand they've been not announcing things very far in advance for a while now, so I think that's just the case here.
I hope i'm wrong.
My ideal scenario would be :
- Ishii retain the title against Fish
- Page, Castle or ACH pin Strong in the 4 corner survival match in order to keep them all in the TV title contention (ie they don't job at all in the match)
- one of them become the new TV champion whenever he has his title shot.
ImageImage
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Making it a #1 Contenders match make the most sense, ACH or Castle are the most likely winners but i would love to see Adam Page winning here.
kconstangs

Post by kconstangs »

Not real excited for this show
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

for me is a great card,the problem is that the ppvs of roh suffer for the booking also maybe for the amount of matches we have to se 10-12 minutes per match..that is not good specially for the tittle matches

really hype for cabana lethal honestly
kconstangs

Post by kconstangs »

I think that is an issue with me, too many matches jammed packed into a 3 hour show....some of the matches could be good but i just think its going to feel rushed...if this wasn't a PPV where you can go past the 3 hour show I might be more hyped...as far as Cabana/Lethal goes I am very indifferent on that match...Cabana coming home to Chicago should be good and the match itself probably will be very good but I dont believe Cabana has a chance to win so it kind of hurts it
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Well, it seems like they pretty much spoiled all the PPV results on the WotW event page.
Ring of Honor & New Japan Pro-Wrestling present
"War of The Worlds Tour"
Monday, May 9th
Ford Community & Performing Arts Center
15801 Michigan Avenue - Dearborn, MI 48126
DOORS OPEN 6PM / 7:30PM BELL TIME

MAIN EVENT
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS vs THE BRISCOES

ROH World Champion - JAY LETHAL & IWGP Heavyweight Champion TETSUYA NAITO vs reDRagon

NON TITLE
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - WAR MACHINE vs KAZUCHIKA OKADA & GEDO

NON TITLE
ROH WORLD TV CHAMPION - TOMOHIRO ISHII vs MOOSE w/ STOKELY HATHAWAY

NON TITLE
IWGP JR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION - KUSHIDA vs DALTON CASTLE w/ the Boys

JUSHIN "THUNDER" LIGER vs "MR ROH" RODERICK STRONG

HIROSHI TANAHASHI & MICHAEL ELGIN vs ALL NIGHT EXPRESS

REBORN MATT SYDAL & ACH vs SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER

all signed to appear
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - THE GUERRILLAS of DESTINY
THE YOUNG BUCKS
and More!
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Ishii vs. Moose, I'm so shocked...
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the cm of roh come on man... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: