Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
STITCHES

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by STITCHES »

Agreed. I only knew because of this message board.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe you guys need to see scoh ?if you want to..
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If Naito run in Lethal vs. Cabana as a role of Los Ingo.
Who will help Cabana. Tanahashi? Okada?
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

ICHIFUJI wrote:If Naito run in Lethal vs. Cabana as a role of Los Ingo.
Who will help Cabana. Tanahashi? Okada?
CM Punk. But there's probably going to be no run-in, or noone's going to help Colt if there is one
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I figure Elgin & Tanahashi will challenge the ROH Tag Champions on one of the shows. They have that win over the Briscoes at 14th Anniversary, it would make sense.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

STITCHES wrote:Agreed. I only knew because of this message board.
Which is a good thing, because that makes a non-PPV live event, SCOH, must-see. Good move by ROH!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Unless you're not interested enough in the card. If I've got money to burn on a 2-night event, and it's come down to ROH or something from PWG and/or Evolve, I'm probably not going to pick ROH. Apart from Lio Rush being new blood, the line-up on SCOH isn't showing me anything I haven't already seen.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

STITCHES wrote:Unless you're not interested enough in the card. If I've got money to burn on a 2-night event, and it's come down to ROH or something from PWG and/or Evolve, I'm probably not going to pick ROH. Apart from Lio Rush being new blood, the line-up on SCOH isn't showing me anything I haven't already seen.
Or were there.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

STITCHES wrote:Unless you're not interested enough in the card. If I've got money to burn on a 2-night event, and it's come down to ROH or something from PWG and/or Evolve, I'm probably not going to pick ROH. Apart from Lio Rush being new blood, the line-up on SCOH isn't showing me anything I haven't already seen.
[cornette]
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

It's just going to take more than Colt Cabana randomly showing up for me to take a chance on being underwhelmed by seeing Briscoes teamed up with War Machine yet again. And by the way, that rivalry is old news despite ROH not even exploring it to the fullest. And it began like what? Exactly a year ago? Or Cole vs O'Reilly. Seen that several times before, in ROH and elsewhere. It's not that I don't like those wrestlers or ROH for that matter. There's just a lot of retreading going on right now with this company. I did see the Young Bucks and Motor City Machine Guns match. That was very good, but again. Seen that before.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

STITCHES wrote:It's just going to take more than Colt Cabana randomly showing up for me to take a chance on being underwhelmed by seeing Briscoes teamed up with War Machine yet again. And by the way, that rivalry is old news despite ROH not even exploring it to the fullest. And it began like what? Exactly a year ago? Or Cole vs O'Reilly. Seen that several times before, in ROH and elsewhere. It's not that I don't like those wrestlers or ROH for that matter. There's just a lot of retreading going on right now with this company. I did see the Young Bucks and Motor City Machine Guns match. That was very good, but again. Seen that before.
You should start to distinguish between card and show. SCOH Night 1 was better than anything EVOLVE or PWG has done all year. I agree the card didn't look that enticing compared to the shows of EVOLVE at WM weekend, but the overall quality was much better than all three EVOLVE/WNW shows.
If you watching shows based on their cards rather than overall feedback on its quality than you're the one to blame for missing out on the best US show of the year, not ROH for putting a must-see segment on a live show.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

I concur with the anger over Lethal and Cabana main eventing, but the rest of the complaining here seems over the top.

As a Chicago fan who hasn't traveled to a show to see the NJPW guys, it's extremely exciting to get to see any of them. What were you all expecting? A Tokyo Dome card? Tanahashi vs. Naito in the main event for the IWGP belt?

You're getting two guys in big singles matches (assuming the Naito vs O'Reilly rumors are true), and seeing Tanahashi and Okada tussle in tag action. I'm very happy with that.

As for whining about ROH guys doing the job for NJPW guys----I don't know why some of you guys seem to be living in some pseudo-kayfabe world, but I could care less about O'Reilly losing to Naito or Fish losing to Ishii. I want to see high quality matches, and losses to NJPW guys doesn't make me less supportive of future title shots. If those guys keep putting on great matches, I'll root for them. The match quality matters a lot more than meaningless win-loss records.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Embracejg wrote: As for whining about ROH guys doing the job for NJPW guys----I don't know why some of you guys seem to be living in some pseudo-kayfabe world, but I could care less about O'Reilly losing to Naito or Fish losing to Ishii. I want to see high quality matches, and losses to NJPW guys doesn't make me less supportive of future title shots. If those guys keep putting on great matches, I'll root for them. The match quality matters a lot more than meaningless win-loss records.
I absolutely agree with this, I couldn't care less who wins a wrestling match, all I want to see is a high quality match, which not necessarily involves suspense with respect to the outcome.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Embracejg wrote:I concur with the anger over Lethal and Cabana main eventing, but the rest of the complaining here seems over the top.

As a Chicago fan who hasn't traveled to a show to see the NJPW guys, it's extremely exciting to get to see any of them. What were you all expecting? A Tokyo Dome card? Tanahashi vs. Naito in the main event for the IWGP belt?

You're getting two guys in big singles matches (assuming the Naito vs O'Reilly rumors are true), and seeing Tanahashi and Okada tussle in tag action. I'm very happy with that.

As for whining about ROH guys doing the job for NJPW guys----I don't know why some of you guys seem to be living in some pseudo-kayfabe world, but I could care less about O'Reilly losing to Naito or Fish losing to Ishii. I want to see high quality matches, and losses to NJPW guys doesn't make me less supportive of future title shots. If those guys keep putting on great matches, I'll root for them. The match quality matters a lot more than meaningless win-loss records.
THIS

Some people don´t want to understand that New Japan is higher than ROH and is helping ROH more than ROH is helping them.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH on Twitter just said Dijak will be in Toronto and NYC.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Wrestlingfan345 wrote: No I'm saying if your going to complain then don't watch it's like you losers get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a real life and especially don't show up to the live events of any company if you're going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy the show all I'm saying.
No I'm saying if you're going to complain then don't visit the board it's like you loser get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a real life and especially don't show up to the forum of any message board if you're going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy the complaining all I'm saying.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

187_Joeism wrote:Some people don´t want to understand that New Japan is higher than ROH and is helping ROH more than ROH is helping them.
HOW ? JUST HOW EXACTLY ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Burnside wrote:
Wrestlingfan345 wrote: No I'm saying if your going to complain then don't watch it's like you losers get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a real life and especially don't show up to the live events of any company if you're going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy the show all I'm saying.
No I'm saying if you're going to complain then don't visit the board it's like you loser get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a real life and especially don't show up to the forum of any message board if you're going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy the complaining all I'm saying.
I agree.

What he saying if your going to complain about meta then don’t visit the board it’s like you loser get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a non-pataphysical life and especially don’t show up to the recursive forum of any meta board if you’re going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy involutions all I’m saying.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Some people don´t want to understand that New Japan is higher than ROH and is helping ROH more than ROH is helping them.
HOW ? JUST HOW EXACTLY ?
Making people buy tickets everytime New Japan guys show up in the US, i mean it´s something too obvious to not see it.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:
Thelone wrote:
HOW ? JUST HOW EXACTLY ?
Making people buy tickets everytime New Japan guys show up in the US, i mean it´s something too obvious to not see it.
The more important thing is that guys sign contracts because ROH offers the possibility to make it to Japan, that's the bigger picture.