Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:Vegas gets a good deal since it's the only West Coast market ROH runs, drawing audiences as far north as the Pacific Northwest, and that causes sellouts.
Yeah, but the sellouts are only, like, 600 people. If people are willing to fly to Vegas to see ROH surely they'd be willing to fly to LA or SF, too, right? Where they could run a bigger building and draw even more people?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

This card just feels like a bunch of random or semi-random tags. It actually feels a lot like a New Japan PPV with a couple of big matches and then the rest is just random tag matches that won't matter... except in this case they only have three hours to fit in everything so nothing will get enough time.

I think that next time they should cut down on the number of New Japan guys they bring in. Maybe limit it to Tanahashi, Okada,, KUSHIDA, and maybe one other big name like a Naito or an Omega or an Ishii, and then maybe one other guy like Liger if you have room (also Elgin, but he doesn't really count as a New Japan guy). Enough guys that you can have a few high-profile singles matches (and maybe one tag match) that really mean something and then fill the rest of the card out with undercard matches that will actually advance ROH stories.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I'm kind of surprised that KUSHIDA is in this match. The only other two truly confirmed talents for this show are ACH & Donovan Dijak (the latter based on his AAW booking that same weekend). I guess they could do a Six-Man Mayhem, with ACH, Dijak, Castle, Young, Page, and maybe the debuting Kamaitachi, since he's supposedly coming in.
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I completely forget about Roderick Strong....:oops:
You could add BJ Whitmer, Rhett Titus, Kenny King, Gedo, Will Ferrara and Lio Rush.
ImageImage
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so much talent left

ach
dijak
whitmer
ferrara
anx
lio rush
castle
silas young
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well don't forget, a lot of talent only appeared on the shows in Toronto last year, and didn't appear on the shows in Philadelphia at all (Anderson & Gallows, Roppongi Vice, Matt Sydal, ACH, and others).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if they gonna push dijak,he needs to be in the ppv i think.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

monster mafia wrote:if they gonna push dijak,he needs to be in the ppv i think.
Again, the fact that he's booked for AAW that weekend makes me think he will be.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Okay, so when does this start to become stale? Does anyone really think that this is still a special event anymore? All the ROH guys do is job to the New Japan guys with a few minor exceptions. Elgin by proxy of going to the NJPW roster benefits the most. He goes from jobbing to the NJPW guys to now going over the ROH guys.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Okay, so when does this start to become stale? Does anyone really think that this is still a special event anymore? All the ROH guys do is job to the New Japan guys with a few minor exceptions. Elgin by proxy of going to the NJPW roster benefits the most. He goes from jobbing to the NJPW guys to now going over the ROH guys.
I don´t think people will stop wanting to see New Japan guys in the US.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Big Red Machine wrote:
supersonic wrote:Vegas gets a good deal since it's the only West Coast market ROH runs, drawing audiences as far north as the Pacific Northwest, and that causes sellouts.
Yeah, but the sellouts are only, like, 600 people. If people are willing to fly to Vegas to see ROH surely they'd be willing to fly to LA or SF, too, right? Where they could run a bigger building and draw even more people?
Those markets would need the right building for ROH to make profit and properly broadcast on live PPV and taped cable/syndicated TV. I wouldn't be surprised if CA has more red tape than NV as well from ROH's perspective.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:This card just feels like a bunch of random or semi-random tags. It actually feels a lot like a New Japan PPV with a couple of big matches and then the rest is just random tag matches that won't matter... except in this case they only have three hours to fit in everything so nothing will get enough time.

I think that next time they should cut down on the number of New Japan guys they bring in. Maybe limit it to Tanahashi, Okada,, KUSHIDA, and maybe one other big name like a Naito or an Omega or an Ishii, and then maybe one other guy like Liger if you have room (also Elgin, but he doesn't really count as a New Japan guy). Enough guys that you can have a few high-profile singles matches (and maybe one tag match) that really mean something and then fill the rest of the card out with undercard matches that will actually advance ROH stories.
This is really interesting, i think they can actually do that, for example use 1/2 New Japan guys in every big show during the year instead of bringing them all at the same time, i guess the future of the ROH/New Japan relationship will be more like that.
dmw87

Post by dmw87 »

Big Red Machine wrote:This card just feels like a bunch of random or semi-random tags. It actually feels a lot like a New Japan PPV with a couple of big matches and then the rest is just random tag matches that won't matter... except in this case they only have three hours to fit in everything so nothing will get enough time.
Yessir. I hate to be so doggone negative, but what you say is true. It's a typical NJPW house show, and those are decent enough shows, but not what you would like to see after shelling out $82+ for a ticket. Maybe if I had a GA ticket I would feel different, but I was looking forward enough to this to sign up for ROH Ringsider for a month just to get the best seat possible. Unfortunately, it was a blind buy, and I personally don't like the card beyond maybe two matches. You're right about the matches getting cut short too. And why the hell is this on a Sunday? I don't want to drive all the way home super late (after 11 is super late for my old ass). It just feels like ROH is needling me with this, somehow, even though that would be absurd.

Oh well. I had hope for this show, but once again ROH has squandered this hope. Even if Cabana is Serious Colt for this run, it doesn't matter, I still don't like the guy. And even if I get to see Tanahashi and Okada sharing a ring, it's in a tag. It's not the same. I don't know, this show doesn't work for me. Anybody with interest in a front row seat, I am now accepting offers. PM me.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I think O'Reilly would be better off winning the championship from someone else besides Lethal. The match would be more exciting because it would be new and wouldn't have the stench of "well he's failed on multiple occasions before."
Cabana is a good option because he could lose it after a fairly quick reign.
Then you have a program ready to go with Lethal where Lethal says "you may be champ now but you could never beat ME for the title. Give me a title shot now." Then O'Reilly could successfully defend and prove his superiority.
It accomplishes the same goal but it's a more interesting and intriguing way of doing it rather than just having O'Reilly challenge Lethal again.
Wrestlingfan345

Post by Wrestlingfan345 »

dmw87 wrote:
Yessir. I hate to be so doggone negative, but what you say is true. It's a typical NJPW house show, and those are decent enough shows, but not what you would like to see after shelling out $82+ for a ticket. Maybe if I had a GA ticket I would feel different, but I was looking forward enough to this to sign up for ROH Ringsider for a month just to get the best seat possible. Unfortunately, it was a blind buy, and I personally don't like the card beyond maybe two matches. You're right about the matches getting cut short too. And why the hell is this on a Sunday? I don't want to drive all the way home super late (after 11 is super late for my old ass). It just feels like ROH is needling me with this, somehow, even though that would be absurd.

Oh well. I had hope for this show, but once again ROH has squandered this hope. Even if Cabana is Serious Colt for this run, it doesn't matter, I still don't like the guy. And even if I get to see Tanahashi and Okada sharing a ring, it's in a tag. It's not the same. I don't know, this show doesn't work for me. Anybody with interest in a front row seat, I am now accepting offers. PM me.

Then don't fucking go god I'm so sick of you people complaining about everything. Seriously stop
Being smart and just enjoy I enjoy all wrestling and you know what? I'm a happy camper I don't complain I just enjoy. sit home on your ass and let someone else that will enjoy the show have your seat. This goes to all of you chronic complainers shut the fuck up and enjoy the greatness of wrestling period. And wrestling fans wonder why they get pissed when, I won't join in on their bashing at live shows I won't and I honestly choose not to associate myself with those losers I just don't talk it makes my life much better!
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Wrestlingfan345 wrote:
dmw87 wrote:

Then don't fucking go god I'm so sick of you people complaining about everything. Seriously stop
Being smart and just enjoy I enjoy all wrestling and you know what? I'm a happy camper I don't complain I just enjoy. sit home on your ass and let someone else that will enjoy the show have your seat. This goes to all of you chronic complainers shut the fuck up and enjoy the greatness of wrestling period
So you're saying someone should blindly love the product ROH is putting out even if they don't.

Gotcha.
Wrestlingfan345

Post by Wrestlingfan345 »

Oh well. I had hope for this show, but once again ROH has squandered this hope. Even if Cabana is Serious Colt for this run, it doesn't matter, I still don't like the guy. And even if I get to see Tanahashi and Okada sharing a ring, it's in a tag. It's not the same. I don't know, this show doesn't work for me. Anybody with interest in a front row seat, I am now accepting offers. PM me.[/quote

So you're saying someone should blindly love the product ROH is putting out even if they don't.

Gotcha.[/quote][/quote]

No I'm saying if your going to complain then don't watch it's like you losers get enjoyment out of bashing stuff seriously get a real life and especially don't show up to the live events of any company if you're going to complain that is completely unfair to others who want to enjoy the show all I'm saying.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JT Cole and others like myself have a right to comment on the content. This coming from a guy who wanted Delirious fired for banging Mandy Leon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gotta be JSWO with purposefully bad grammar.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

im not going to the show but i know a few who are and have read of other people who are really down about this show. sure its just a handful but they are seriously considering leaving before the title match.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Only thing I don't get about this PPV is Cabana vs. Lethal main eventing without any television build at all. The casual fan is still probably unaware of Cabana's return. This match should have been saved for a later date but they had to do it now for some reason just because Colt is from Chicago. Should have given Cabana a match against Kushida here and teamed Lethal with Naito against Okada & Moose instead of rushing this match to PPV without giving it build.