Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote:so dou you think guys that wrestling naito is a bad move for kyle...come on men

i think that is time to roh score some big victories in this joint shows,idk..cole beating okada or something like that.
I do think it's a bad move...for O'Reilly to even have a match of this magnitude against a glorified jobber who's had the IWGP Heavyweight title thrown on him despite the fact that he's a midcarder at best wrestling another midcarder at best even in ROH.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

dhads7161 wrote:
monster mafia wrote:so dou you think guys that wrestling naito is a bad move for kyle...come on men

i think that is time to roh score some big victories in this joint shows,idk..cole beating okada or something like that.
I do think it's a bad move...for O'Reilly to even have a match of this magnitude against a glorified jobber who's had the IWGP Heavyweight title thrown on him despite the fact that he's a midcarder at best wrestling another midcarder at best even in ROH.
You do realize Los Ingobernables is currently the top selling merch for NJPW by a substantial margin? And that the Sumo Hall crowd was in favor of him over Okada?

I'm not sure what your argument is (Granted, I can tell you are trolling)... What's wrong with two midcarders facing off?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:

You do realize Los Ingobernables is currently the top selling merch for NJPW by a substantial margin? And that the Sumo Hall crowd was in favor of him over Okada?

I'm not sure what your argument is (Granted, I can tell you are trolling)... What's wrong with two midcarders facing off?
By no means am I trolling, these are two guys I just cannot take seriously as main event talent. I don't know much about NJPW's storylines and current happenings, I just get to watch the show on AXS and see the talent when they come to ROH. From what has been presented to me by their product Naito just does not suck me in as a main eventer. Maybe I'll start to get it as AXS begins airing more of his heel run but right now, I just don't get him as a main eventer.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I'm surprised they posted anything on Saturday, the poor guy in charge of the website is probably annoyed to work during the weekend.
ImageImage
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

Naito's heel work over the past 9-10 months is as good as it gets. No doubt, main event level. Dude fucking stole the crowd with his promos leading up to Invasion Attack. So much so that they would have been pissed if Okada would have retained. But I can see how you may not see it if you aren't caught up on the last 9-10 months of New Japan stuff. The AXS TV show is just at the point now where he came back from Mexico, so the heel turn is just starting. No EVIL and no BUSHI yet either.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

^THIS^
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just remembered that I get AXS, how does the NJPW's tv show work?
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

AndyDiaz wrote:Just remembered that I get AXS, how does the NJPW's tv show work?
The show on AXS airs every Friday at 9pm EST. The matches are from about a year ago and Jim Ross and Josh Barnett call the matches. Right now they airing the Dominion 2015 show (from July 5) which they divide into four one-hour episodes. It's good to place to start to get familiar with the New Japan product if you aren't already, but it is about a year behind.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I also highly recommend it. Ross is still not familiar with all the wrestlers and defers to Barnett, but he definitely doesn't mail it in.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

187_Joeism wrote:And this is bad because...? They should totally use the PWG approach with the ROH/New Japan shows.
Except they shouldn't. Those shows aren't that special anymore since the NJPW guys come in every few months at this point, and you get pretty much the same guys every time (Okada/Gedo, Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Liger and a good chunk of gaijin).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If you really want to see how to elevate a mid-card guy (Naito), to the top of the card, this is the perfect example. Then look at how Delirious has done a poor job of doing something similar with Kyle O'Reilly and see the difference.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Blackshirt30 wrote:Naito's heel work over the past 9-10 months is as good as it gets. No doubt, main event level. Dude fucking stole the crowd with his promos leading up to Invasion Attack. So much so that they would have been pissed if Okada would have retained. But I can see how you may not see it if you aren't caught up on the last 9-10 months of New Japan stuff. The AXS TV show is just at the point now where he came back from Mexico, so the heel turn is just starting. No EVIL and no BUSHI yet either.
I haven't seen anything since New Beginning, but I really haven't been that big a fan of his heel work. In the beginning of the turn I found it very confusing, then, once EVIL joined him I thought it was fine heel work, but nothing in any way spectacular.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON! 8-)
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

If that match listing is accurate, Global Wars is going to be sick!

And also, O'Reilly vs Naito is nothing to complain about at all. I'm the biggest Kyle O'Reilly supporter, and wish he won every match and was pushed to the moon. But, losing to the friggin' IWGP champion doesn't hurt him at all. Especially considering in NJPW he's a junior heavyweight facing the heavyweight champ.

My only disappointment really is that Okada is teaming with Moose. Hopefully we'll get Okada/Moose vs Tanahashi/Elgin just so I can see some Okada/Tanahashi action live.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

The holdup on the complete card is they are still hoping that Katsuyori Shibata and Kenny Omega will get their visas in time for the show, but the odds are against that happening. Omega will be working for ROH when they run in May in Toronto.
Why wouldn't Omega be able to work in May? He did the Vegas shows. Has there been a know issue since then?
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
The holdup on the complete card is they are still hoping that Katsuyori Shibata and Kenny Omega will get their visas in time for the show, but the odds are against that happening. Omega will be working for ROH when they run in May in Toronto.
Why wouldn't Omega be able to work in May? He did the Vegas shows. Has there been a know issue since then?
Yes, he was pulled from the last Conquest Tour show and replaced by KUSHIDA, apparently because of a visa issue.
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AssShooter wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Yes, he was pulled from the last Conquest Tour show and replaced by KUSHIDA, apparently because of a visa issue.
Though I think it's been said that he would still probably be able to work the show in Toronto (I think it's specifically a US Visa Issue).
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Well, it would be kinda weird if he wouldn't be allowed to enter his own country of birth, so yeah, it's probably just a US thing
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote: But, losing to the friggin' IWGP champion doesn't hurt him at all. Especially considering in NJPW he's a junior heavyweight facing the heavyweight champ.
That's a New Japan mentality, not an ROH mentality. We don't have weight classes here in ROH, so the fact that the other guys is bigger is not an excuse for a main eventer.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

How do so many wrestlers run into visa issues?