Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Global Wars/War Of The Worlds 2016 Super Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AssShooter wrote:I will spoil you the next two wrestlers : KUSHIDA and Tanahashi.
Only one more left...

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
AssShooter wrote:I will spoil you the next two wrestlers : KUSHIDA and Tanahashi.
Only one more left...

You can already post Tanahashi's pic if you want : http://ow.ly/i/ixMEM
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

187_Joeism wrote:A match against the hottest act in all wrestling is now jobbing O´Reilly :roll:
Oh yeah right, #TheRub. That'll put butts in the seats when O'Reilly is met with complete apathy as world champion in two months.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:A match against the hottest act in all wrestling is now jobbing O´Reilly :roll:
Oh yeah right, #TheRub. That'll put butts in the seats when O'Reilly is met with complete apathy as world champion in two months.
Yeah because people will met him with apathy or not just because he didn´t beat Naito...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

man,you first have to say that kyle vs naito could be and amazing match instead of bitching that kyle is gonna lose

roh says thats is the list they can announce for the moment,so maybe they are hoping for shibata,omega and maybe something more
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The point is: if you are trying to push Kyle as a main event guy, why stick him in a spot where is going to have to lose?
Everyone already knows how great Kyle is. He won't get any sort of "rub" from having an awesome match with Naito, and he has already been portrayed as a world title contender so he won't gain anything by surviving for a long time against Naito. Basically, with this loss he will gain nothing and lose momentum.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

All I'll say about Kyle O'Reilly, in regards to his rumored match at Global Wars, is that if he does end up facing Naito, at least it'll be a way more interesting match than when they faced off last year (with Naito being IWGP Heavyweight Champion and the leader of Los Ingobernables de Japon).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:The point is: if you are trying to push Kyle as a main event guy, why stick him in a spot where is going to have to lose?
Everyone already knows how great Kyle is. He won't get any sort of "rub" from having an awesome match with Naito, and he has already been portrayed as a world title contender so he won't gain anything by surviving for a long time against Naito. Basically, with this loss he will gain nothing and lose momentum.
Yep.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:The point is: if you are trying to push Kyle as a main event guy, why stick him in a spot where is going to have to lose?
So you are saying that is better for Kyle let´s say booking him winning against Roderick Strong than losing to Naito? I disagree, i would agree if the have Kyle losing against a midcarder but he will go against the IWGP Heavyweight Champion, he will lose nothing and will gain a lot if he has a great match against him, i think that if you give the fans the chance to pick the match they want, 99% would pick Kyle vs Naito.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

But if you're just booking matches to give fanboys the matches they want without any build ups or payoffs happening with any of the guys, you're PWG.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:
So you are saying that is better for Kyle let´s say booking him winning against Roderick Strong than losing to Naito? I disagree, i would agree if the have Kyle losing against a midcarder but he will go against the IWGP Heavyweight Champion, he will lose nothing and will gain a lot if he has a great match against him, i think that if you give the fans the chance to pick the match they want, 99% would pick Kyle vs Naito.
Losing will mean losing momentum.
What does Kyle gain from having a great match against Naito? We him do that last year. I'd much rather see Kyle face pretty much anyone else from New Japan.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Naito this year has nothing to do with last year, apart from Shibata vs Kyle (And following your narrative that match would make him lose momentum aswell so it should not happen), i can´t think of a better match for Kyle to have in this tour.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

trufreedom wrote:But if you're just booking matches to give fanboys the matches they want without any build ups or payoffs happening with any of the guys, you're PWG.
And this is bad because...? They should totally use the PWG approach with the ROH/New Japan shows.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So we're back to our original disagreement about how the ROH guys unquestionably job to the New Japan guys. Kyle O'Reilly gains nothing losing to Naito. Nothing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Glad the Liger butthurt is gone. #BestForBusiness
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Great Naito vs. O'Reilly two midcarders miscast as main eventers. O'Reilly is a midcarder at best even in ROH and I feel like Naito being champion is a real step down from guys like Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura, and Styles. I guess NJPW needed to make a new star stat but Naito? Guy is a midcarder at best.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dhads7161 wrote:Great Naito vs. O'Reilly two midcarders miscast as main eventers. O'Reilly is a midcarder at best even in ROH and I feel like Naito being champion is a real step down from guys like Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura, and Styles. I guess NJPW needed to make a new star stat but Naito? Guy is a midcarder at best.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so dou you think guys that wrestling naito is a bad move for kyle...come on men

i think that is time to roh score some big victories in this joint shows,idk..cole beating okada or something like that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Interesting Twitter reply. Guess it opens the door for another name possibly being added...
@ringofhonor 17h17 hours ago
@bergzilla1680 @njpw1972 the list we are announcing today is who we can confirm at this time