ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Eddie Edwards needs to fill roddy strong hole in roh.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

supersonic wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:17 pm Scoop:

GFW considers no talents are exclusive yet, and they have 90 days to opt out. Expect at least 2 substantial names to follow Richards out.
Isn't Jeff Jarrett's mentality that things are going to be done my way and if people are unhappy they can leave and I can easily replace them?

I wonder if there is more to the Richards story given his history and if there's any chance he turns up elsewhere before the year is over.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:56 pm I believe the only truly persona non gratas are Ki and London.
And I figure Ki will be back at some point, even if just for a one-off.

It's also possible that Elgin finds his way onto the persona non grata list.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:02 pm Eddie Edwards needs to fill roddy strong hole in roh.
Yes!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, this means there'll be no Oi4K vs Young Bucks in the near future, they are comming to iMPACT/TNA/GFW/NWA-TNA/JarretWorld.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/sta ... 3986968577
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Good, The Crists stink. The ultimate generic Indy wrestling tag team.
Big Red Machine

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 am Good, The Crists stink. The ultimate generic Indy wrestling tag team.
I've never been particularly impressed with them, either.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 am Good, The Crists stink. The ultimate generic Indy wrestling tag team.
Yeah. They suck. No loss there.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:02 pm Eddie Edwards needs to fill roddy strong hole in roh.
Eddie has a job tomorrow in NXT if he wants it. Super duper well liked by a huge cross section in NXT and WWE.

Eddie has had three pay rises since joining TNA and on top of that TNA employed his wife. Someone told me TNA is a third of the schedule of ROH didn't look that up but he does work a lot less and for a lot more than ROH could offer him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Was David Starr just a two off? Sucks if so.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm
Eddie has a job tomorrow in NXT if he wants it. Super duper well liked by a huge cross section in NXT and WWE.

Eddie has had three pay rises since joining TNA and on top of that TNA employed his wife. Someone told me TNA is a third of the schedule of ROH didn't look that up but he does work a lot less and for a lot more than ROH could offer him.
So I decided to do some research on this.

In 2016, Eddie worked 52 matches in TNA. I didn't look into taping schedules or anything, just counted matches on Cagematch.

In 2016, Adam Cole worked 36 matches in ROH.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you or anything, rovert, I just wanted to see what that info looked like.

Of course, Cole did have to travel from city to city, whereas Eddie only had to travel to Bethlehem, PA, Orlando, FL, and the United Kingdom.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Starr's one ROH match was infinitely better than any Shane Taylor match that didn't involve Keith Lee.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 pm Starr's one ROH match was infinitely better than any Shane Taylor match that didn't involve Keith Lee.
I'm not trying to argue who is better than who I just hope Starr's two appearances weren't it. I look forward to seeing Shane Taylor grow. With him leaning out if they can book him like a legit badass monster we could see a second coming of a Joe or Morishima with him.
Also hoping Chuck Taylor wasn't a two off either.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:06 am
supersonic wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:56 pm I believe the only truly persona non gratas are Ki and London.
And I figure Ki will be back at some point, even if just for a one-off.

It's also possible that Elgin finds his way onto the persona non grata list.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:56 pm

In 2016, Eddie worked 52 matches in TNA. I didn't look into taping schedules or anything, just counted matches on Cagematch.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you or anything, rovert, I just wanted to see what that info looked like.

Of course, Cole did have to travel from city to city, whereas Eddie only had to travel to Bethlehem, PA, Orlando, FL, and the United Kingdom.
Fair.

Just the point he isn't eating into his/the holdshold wages with WWE style town to town hotel stay and car rental expenses. TNA tapings are in the exact same location.
Big Red Machine

Remember that Cole missed some ROH show to work New Japan and missed a few other for (stupid) storyline reasons between SCOH and Global Wars.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Fair.

Just the point he isn't eating into his/the holdshold wages with WWE style town to town hotel stay and car rental expenses. TNA tapings are in the exact same location.
Except sometimes they forget to pay you. Mike Bennett was just joking about that yesterday.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Joe Koff talked about CM Punk and a possible return in WrestleZone podcast:
On the idea of Punk returning to ROH: “CM Punk would be an unbelievable addition for Ring of Honor. I don’t know where that would be or could be. It would be a dream. Wrestling talent knows this: once you are a part of Ring of Honor you are always a part of Ring of Honor. Our door is always open to people who want to come back and perform at our level, with our style and for our fans. That would be a dream. That would be unbelievable…CM Punk, if you’re listening or reading, I hope you are, you are always welcome in our house. You know that. He knows that. We’ve had conversations in the past through people. He knows that there is a welcome sign for him.”

On if he’s spoken with Punk:
“I haven’t spoken to him personally and I think it’s through intermediaries or whatever. I think his first goal was to be involved in his MMA stuff.”

On if Punk has any desire to return to wrestling: “I think that’s a question for him. I wish I had that big story.”
Yeah, he said nothing and this isn't a offer, but hey, it would be cool (and impossible haha).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't say impossible, mostly due to NJPW. I could very much see him getting his ass kicked again in MMA, then giving up and returning to wrestling. And if he does that, I doubt it would be WWE he returned to.

But I could totally see him popping up in NJPW and working some ROH shows.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The Young Bucks have made it quite clear they would like to see Punk in Bullet Club. Tweets. Interviews. This isn't ass kissing. This seems more legit than people might think. Punk has gone on record in the past saying NJPW has a lot of appeal. Who knows.