ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: Observer notes on 3 non-regular talents

Post by supersonic »

supersonic wrote:Chris Hero return imminent after finishing his Evolve commitments. Awaiting the Observer for any possible clarification about Adam Cole.
Just reinforcing that this was a planted story from PWInsider's Mike Johnson.
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

In addition, Cody's agent is apparently still accepting offers after December 2016.

The theory in light of this clarifying info: Cody was released but is being "subsidized" by WWE. He's free to work legitimate indies but due to the payments, must avoid ROH, TNA, NJPW, AAA, and CMLL. The subsidies would explain why WWE and not WWN Live is paying him to work for the WWE-affiliated, WWN Live-owned Evolve.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wether this is something or not but ROH re-tweeted a Tweet by Cody about wrestling Moose.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Worth noting that until late August, Cody is still under his WWE 90-day no-compete and getting his downside money from them. So he certainly won't announce any ROH, NJPW, AAA,or TNA dates until after that expires.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Bored, it's Saturday, my plans fell through, it happens, why not make a random write-up about Stuka Jr. Been learning up on him/watching matches, so why not get people familiar with him before his match against Kamaitachi in Philly later this month? I'm no thecubsfan or some expert on lucha or anything, so this is almost like an outsiders view, but one who's kind of done their research. If anyone sees anything incorrect, feel free to correct me and I'll make adjustments where needed.

Stuka Jr.

Accomplishments:

- One time CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Champion (w/ Fuego)
- Two time Mexican National Trios Champion (w/ Delta and Metro & Mascara Dorada and Metro)
- 2014 Reyes del Aire winner
- Luchas de Apuestas record: 8-1

Stuka Jr. made his wrestling debut in 2002. According to CageMatch.net, he teamed with Gigolo and La Parka (not the cool WCW one, the one who took his name after) to defeat El Texano, Jerry Estrada, and Mascara Maligna. The name Stuka came from his older brother, who took it from a German fighter aircraft from the 1930's. Again according to CageMatch.net, Stuka Jr. has only been involved in one match with his brother, where Jr. won along with Psicosis (again, not THAT Psicosis) and Bogar in a four way mask vs. hair match, where the original Stuka lost his hair.

Stuka Jr. was signed to CMLL in 2006, but made his debut there just a year prior. From 2006 to 2008, he had wrestled mainly on the undercard of smaller shows. He always was involved in a few tournaments, but was ultimately unsuccessful in all of them

In 2008, however, he was finally successful in one, and became one half of the CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team champions with Flash (who went on to change his name to Fuego, Spanish for "fire"). They were the first holders of the titles since 2000. The team made 7 successful defenses of the titles in the span of a whopping near 5 years before they fell to the team of Okumura and Namajague. Towards the end of their run, Stuka Jr and Fuego feuded with the team that beat them, and Stuka Jr. especially feuded with Namajague, after the latter started using more aggresive tactics to get the better of the former. In this feud with Namajague and Okumura (known as La Fiebre Amarilla, or "The Yellow Fever." Still going today, New Japan's Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu are now members), Fuego and Stuka were aided by Rey Cometa. The rivalry reached its pinnacle when Stuka Jr. and Fuego defeated La Fiebre Amarilla in a Luchas de Apuestas, where Okumura had to shave his hair and Namajague had to unmask and reveal his real name.

In 2014, Stuka Jr. made his debut in Japan for NJPW during Fantastica Mania 2014, mainly teaming with Fuego and Rey Cometa. Highlights include a couple tag victories over his rival Okumura, including one when Okumura was teaming with members of Suzuki-Gun. He returned to New Japan during Fantastica Mania 2015, teaming with the likes of KUSHIDA, Jushin Thunder Liger, and, once again, Rey Cometa. Stuka Jr.'s highlight during this tour was a Mexican National Light Heavyweight Championship match against the champion Mephisto, although he was unsuccessful.

So that leads us to July 16th in Philadelphia for Stuka Jr's debut in Ring of Honor. He faces Kamaitachi, who he's faced before, but never in singles competition. Stuka Jr's wrestled in the United States in the past, but here he'll have a much bigger stage to showcase his talents. It will be interesting to see how the first CMLL competitor in ROH will do, and if his performance will have a positive or negative influence on ROH and CMLL's relationship.

Matches:

Stuka Jr. vs. Flecha II, Mask vs. Mask
4/2/06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUYPxX7RVf8

Fuego, Rey Cometa & Stuka Jr. vs. Puma King, Namajague & Okumura
8/26/12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trger1q1urg

Fuego & Stuka Jr. vs. Namajague & Okumura
CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship
3/3/13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSy4yxRc0Mg

Fuego & Stuka Jr. vs. Namajague & Okumura
Tag Team Hair vs. Mask Match
3/15/13
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17q5k ... 5-13_sport

Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. & Stuka Jr. vs. Kamaitachi, Gran Guerrero & Negro Casas
2/19/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Xq8OzsvY0

Stuka Jr. vs. Misterioso Jr.
5/13/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJttT7Ruek
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Nice write up. I knew very little about him until I read this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
As things stand right now the debut of Dragon Lee, likely either for or to lead to something with Kamaitachi (who he had the best in-ring feud in Mexico with last year) is set for September.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

September has 3 Reloaded Tour shows, and then All Star Extravaganza on 9/30. I wonder which it'll be. Hopefully the PPV.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
While there is no agreement in place, there have been discussions and there is interest in using Cody Rhodes
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Well, not a work.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'd love to know where the rumor was rooted, but definitely not a good look for those who ran with it, and I include myself in that.
Earthomac

Post by Earthomac »

I would like to see Chris Dickinson as full time wrestler in ROH his style is fuckin strong style like Davey Richards and Michael Elgin combine together.I really like his Battle Style.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote:I'd love to know where the rumor was rooted, but definitely not a good look for those who ran with it, and I include myself in that.
I can only assume this was you referring to the ROH/Cody Rhodes rumor, because if not it seems like you're posting without context. Dare I say some egg on your face?
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Not a rumor anymore :

The biggest event of 2016 for Ring of Honor Wrestling (ROH) will take place on Friday December 2nd at The Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom as “Final Battle” returns to NYC. The culmination of twelve months of intense competition, heart-stopping excitement and the Best Pro Wrestling on the Planet, “Final Battle” provides the athletes of Ring of Honor one more opportunity to prove their domination.

ROH is pleased to announce that the first wrestler signed to compete for the 2016’s “Final Battle” is Cody Rhodes, a second-generation star who will be making his Ring of Honor debut on Friday December 2nd.

Cody made his ROH and “Final Battle” intentions known first on Twitter (@CodyRhodes) by tweeting out a “Final Battle” image, with Cody looming over the NYC skyline. ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness confirmed the signing of Rhodes for what promises to be the biggest event of 2016 in Ring of Honor.

Tickets for “Final Battle Pay Per View” on Friday December 2nd at The Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom and “Aftermath TV Taping” on Sunday, December 4th at the 2300 Arena go on sale Today (Wednesday, July 20th) for Ringside Members at 10am and this Friday (July 22nd) for the General Public. Ringside members will need a pre sale password which you can find by clicking here.

You can sign up now for a Ringside Membership by clicking here.

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
FINAL BATTLE LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2ND
THE MANHATTAN CENTER’S HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM
NEW YORK CITY
7:30PM DOORS OPEN / 8:45PM PRE SHOW / 9PM BELL TIME

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
FINAL BATTLE AFTERMATH TV TAPING
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4TH
2300 ARENA - PHILADELPHIA, PA
4:30PM DOORS OPEN / 5:45PM PRE SHOW / 6PM BELL TIME
I guess it deserves his own thread.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Not only is that awesome news, but it looks like their doing a tv taping the next day in a different city!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I hope this isn't a one off and that there is actually a real plan for Coady. It would be great to have a run and role like Gibson maybe not winning an actual title but certainly going and feuding for one.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Earthomac wrote:I would like to see Chris Dickinson as full time wrestler in ROH his style is fuckin strong style like Davey Richards and Michael Elgin combine together.I really like his Battle Style.
dickinson,jaka and eyfbo in roh could be awesome but dont think is gonna happen .