ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Katsuyori Shibata and Kenny Omega are expected in for the next tour and PPV, but it’s not definite because of Visa issues. It would be Shibata’s first ROH tour

There has been at least talk regarding Chris Hero as well although there’s nothing definite on that one
PWInsider:
Some big changes to EVOLVE. Moving forward, the promotion is going to try and focus more on talents who have upward mobility to move onto WWE developmental. While the door is still open to use talents who are under contract elsewhere in shorter programs or as guest stars on certain events, the idea going forward is to have a pool of talents that WWE scouts could see and potentially want to hire, as they did Johnny Gargano last week.

As part of the initiative, Sami Callihan finished up with the promotion on Saturday as he's signed a deal with Lucha Underground. The original plan for Wrestlemania 32 weekend was to have Callihan challenge EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher. Again, the door isn't closed and he could pop up but a longer-term program or storyline is a little more difficult as he would be outside the parameters of what EVOLVE wants to focus on going forward.
Last edited by supersonic on Sat May 21, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: Observer notes on 3 non-regular talents

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Hero should DEFINITELY be booked again if personal issues can be put aside, that guy has been awesome since he dropped some weight in the last half year.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Hero should DEFINITELY be booked again if personal issues can be put aside, that guy has been awesome since he dropped some weight in the last half year.
Hero & ROH https://youtu.be/iQlBwNSXF5g?t=3m18s
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is not about a bad mood between hero and roh,thats cool to hear..i hope he comes back soon!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Hero has been really great within the last year. If he comes in on those May shows it would be cool to see him in some vs NJPW matchups.
Thinking of it now, Hero vs Shibata would be pretty sick.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

I was really bummed when Hero stopped getting booked in 2014, as it was right before the first ROH/New Japan shows, and I was ITCHING for him vs. Nakamura/Okada/Tanahashi. I'm still itching for it now, since 2 out of the 3 are still available, and think ROH would be fantastic in making this happen.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t think Hero will be involved with the New Japan, at first at least, if he is back full time it could see it happening in the future.

I would love for them to use him to elevate some of the midcard guys to the main event, for example having Castle or ACH vs Hero in a feud, or using him to help to stablish Kyle as a main eventer.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

While it sucked to see Hero's 2014 run be relatively short, he's now been gone long enough that if did come back, there would be a lot of fresh matches for him (not even taking into account potential matches with NJPW Talent).
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I really do want to see Chris Hero back in ROH...but not in the shape he is. Despite the fact that he hasn't lost a step talent wise every time I watch him since he ballooned it just hurts to see it. Being overweight myself (I'm 270, was once near 400, got down to 220 in 2009) the story of Hero's weight loss in his early career was what inspired me to lose weight then. Got to see him wrestle live for the first time at EVOLVE 58 last Friday, it was bittersweet knowing that I was seeing a shell of my (Chis) hero.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

dhads7161 wrote:I really do want to see Chris Hero back in ROH...but not in the shape he is. Despite the fact that he hasn't lost a step talent wise every time I watch him since he ballooned it just hurts to see it. Being overweight myself (I'm 270, was once near 400, got down to 220 in 2009) the story of Hero's weight loss in his early career was what inspired me to lose weight then. Got to see him wrestle live for the first time at EVOLVE 58 last Friday, it was bittersweet knowing that I was seeing a shell of my (Chis) hero.
Yet he has lost quite a lot of weight ever since he looked like a Morishima double, shortly after being released.
Now he's a t a point where his weight isn't limiting him in the ring anymore as it was the case in the later half of 2014 and the early half of 2015.
Hero should be brought back, I'd love to see him tear it up in his current shape.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I want to see fucking Shibata. Fuck the visa. Smuggle him in Gedo's beard.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Hero can still definitely work, added weight or not. He did take quite the heckling from a guy at the Evolve 58 show last week....
Embracejg

Post by Embracejg »

Hero's match against Trevor Lee at this weekend's AAW show was outstanding. ROH would be perfect for him, as I doubt he'll get another shot at WWE or NXT.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Chris Hero return imminent after finishing his Evolve commitments. Awaiting the Observer for any possible clarification about Adam Cole.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

supersonic wrote:Chris Hero return imminent after finishing his Evolve commitments. Awaiting the Observer for any possible clarification about Adam Cole.
Meltzer was saying it was an angle on the board at least.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Jay White is scheduled to start here as a regular late in the year. New Japan is really high on him so they are sending him to live in the U.S. for an excursion and ROH is high on him as well, so I expect he’ll be used well
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer says Cole still around for many months, up to approximately a year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer says Cole still around for many months, up to approximately a year.
Cole wasn't mentioned at all in The Observer. Was this said on WOR?
supersonic wrote:
Jay White is scheduled to start here as a regular late in the year. New Japan is really high on him so they are sending him to live in the U.S. for an excursion and ROH is high on him as well, so I expect he’ll be used well
This is fantastic news! Jay White is freaking great! He'll fit right in.
supersonic wrote:Chris Hero return imminent after finishing his Evolve commitments. Awaiting the Observer for any possible clarification about Adam Cole.
Didn't see any Hero mentions this week. If he does return, I'd love it if he formed his Big In USA team from NOAH with Colt Cabana in ROH. I've heard some of their stuff (particularly their big title match last December against KES) has been really good.
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

Hell yeah on Jay White! Dude has got tons of upside and I agree will fit good with ROH.