ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Thelone »

I never said Moose was on the same level as The Rock, but it sure looks like he didn't need FOUR DIFFERENT MANAGERS during his ROH run either.

As for "but that was two years ago", they barely let him talk during his run so even if he actually sucked at promos before, ROH didn't help him improve in any way.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:
Where has this guy been for 2 years?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
We’re told that things have gotten a little uncomfortable in the TNA & ROH relationship, which at this point is really only the Hardys vs. Young Bucks match in Lakeland, since there are lingering past issues involving the Jarrett led version of the company and ROH from the past
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It probably doesn't help that NOAH and NJPW aren't on good terms anymore.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote:It probably doesn't help that NOAH and NJPW aren't on good terms anymore.
And doesn't TNA work with AAA as well?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:It probably doesn't help that NOAH and NJPW aren't on good terms anymore.
TNA is going to proooooooooobably set up an arrangement with Konnan's CRASH promotion, considering Jarrett's working their next main event and the long-standing relationship between Jarrett and Konnan.
Big Red Machine

SandsShifter wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
TNA is going to proooooooooobably set up an arrangement with Konnan's CRASH promotion, considering Jarrett's working their next main event and the long-standing relationship between Jarrett and Konnan.
So no more TNA and AAA then probably.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Something interesting that was brought up on the most recent VOW Flagship Podcast is that Jeff Jarrett (apparently) isn't a big fan of The Hardy's current gimmick, so they were speculating that TNA could potentially let The Hardys go. They brought up that they could be a great fit for ROH (their argument was basically that The Hardys are more of a live event draw than a TV ratings draw, and TNA is pretty much strictly a TV promotion that runs no live events). So if that does come to pass, and you're ROH, do you try to bring in The Hardys?
Big Red Machine wrote:
SandsShifter wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: And doesn't TNA work with AAA as well?
So no more TNA and AAA then probably.
Yeah essentially Konnan had a falling out with AAA, and that's led to guys like Fenix & Pentagon Jr. to leave AAA, because (from what I understand) the people currently in charge of AAA are more interested in pushing the older stars (despite their popularity, people don't realize that Fenix & Pentagon Jr. weren't really pushed that much in AAA). What's going to be interesting is that I'm not sure how the relationship between TNA & CRASH would work, as far as guys from CRASH working TNA is concerned, since CRASH uses a lot of guys who are still under contract to Lucha Underground (let's not forget the whole Hernandez fiasco from two years ago).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Something interesting that was brought up on the most recent VOW Flagship Podcast is that Jeff Jarrett (apparently) isn't a big fan of The Hardy's current gimmick, so they were speculating that TNA could potentially let The Hardys go. They brought up that they could be a great fit for ROH (their argument was basically that The Hardys are more of a live event draw than a TV ratings draw, and TNA is pretty much strictly a TV promotion that runs no live events). So if that does come to pass, and you're ROH, do you try to bring in The Hardys?
I don't think Jarrett's dumb enough to chase his hottest act out of the territory as soon as he gets back, but we'll see.

We don't really know how much of a ratings draw the Hardys are, because they've been present since the promotion arrived on Pop. I'd argue that they're actually drawing, because the Final Deletion was the highest rated episode on Pop so far.

People used to say that AJ Styles wasn't a real draw, but at the peak of his exposure in TNA Impact was averaging over 2 million domestic viewers per week. And as soon as he left they plummeted into the low millions, and today sit anywhere between 280,000 and 400,000 depending on the week.

If I'm ROH and I have a shot to sign the Hardys, you're damn right I do it. The Broken Hardys are one of the most fun and creative things I've seen in wrestling in quite some time, and physically Matt's in much better shape than he was for his earlier ROH runs.
Brada

Post by Brada »

famicommander wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Something interesting that was brought up on the most recent VOW Flagship Podcast is that Jeff Jarrett (apparently) isn't a big fan of The Hardy's current gimmick, so they were speculating that TNA could potentially let The Hardys go. They brought up that they could be a great fit for ROH (their argument was basically that The Hardys are more of a live event draw than a TV ratings draw, and TNA is pretty much strictly a TV promotion that runs no live events). So if that does come to pass, and you're ROH, do you try to bring in The Hardys?
I don't think Jarrett's dumb enough to chase his hottest act out of the territory as soon as he gets back, but we'll see.

We don't really know how much of a ratings draw the Hardys are, because they've been present since the promotion arrived on Pop. I'd argue that they're actually drawing, because the Final Deletion was the highest rated episode on Pop so far.

People used to say that AJ Styles wasn't a real draw, but at the peak of his exposure in TNA Impact was averaging over 2 million domestic viewers per week. And as soon as he left they plummeted into the low millions, and today sit anywhere between 280,000 and 400,000 depending on the week.

If I'm ROH and I have a shot to sign the Hardys, you're damn right I do it. The Broken Hardys are one of the most fun and creative things I've seen in wrestling in quite some time, and physically Matt's in much better shape than he was for his earlier ROH runs.
Excellent post. You are spot on with everything here famicommander with the exception of one thing. In my opinion, Jarrett IS dumb enough to chase the Hardy's out of the promotion. That's valuable TV time to get Karen back in front of the camera. I'm sure he is waiting patiently on Jack Swagger's release to bring him out on Impact with Dutch Mantel and hype it as "the new main event face on the scene".
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Ugh. Swagger blows. Just go to TNA so I don't have to see him.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Ugh. Swagger blows. Just go to TNA so I don't have to see him.
For your sake, I hope Swagger doesn't show up in PWG.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:Ugh. Swagger blows. Just go to TNA so I don't have to see him.

They learned their lesson in bringing in shitty ex-WWE guys when Brian Myers stunk the place out
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Lol. Totally forgot about that one. I think we're safe and Swagger will reunite with Zeb in TNA.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Just put them vs LIJ (naito,sanada,evil) in one of the wotw tour shows...yes,im a dreamer

Big Red Machine

I'd actually love to see Swagger in the G1.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I bet he's headed for TNA.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mojo, YOU will be in PWG before Swagger.
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mojo, YOU will be in PWG before Swagger.
Why do people hate Swagger so much?