ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Wilson wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:54 pm
AlexROH wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm It's said that Jacobs is working with Impact as a talent and a creative.
That's probably the promotion in which his creative voice can be carried the most. Besides a serving in a role in NJPW that would be specially created for him, I think this is his best career path. Perhaps he can still even work shows.
Confirmed this as accurate as we share a mutual contact.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I feel... disappointed by the Jacobs news. Yes, it's a boon for him creatively and I'm happy that he's getting that money, but... Jacobs was the person that got me into ROH in the first place. I was hoping that he would come home, and now he's going to a company that... I just don't ever trust to do well anymore. I hope he is able to change things over there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't get too upset about it. If Impact makes it to next Bound for Glory I'll be pretty shocked at the rate they're going.

I mean, I feel like that every year but this is definitely the worst BFG ever.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

famicommander wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 pm I wouldn't get too upset about it. If Impact makes it to next Bound for Glory I'll be pretty shocked at the rate they're going.

I thought 2014's BFG from Korakuen Hall was much, much more pointless and probably worse.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Bound for Glory as a whole is pointless.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I’ve asked if Jacobs is avoiding another ROH match like McGuinness did. Both bowed out perfectly.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

SandsShifter wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 pm I wouldn't get too upset about it. If Impact makes it to next Bound for Glory I'll be pretty shocked at the rate they're going.

I thought 2014's BFG from Korakuen Hall was much, much more pointless and probably worse.
As hard as it was to watch at some points last night, The BFG from Japan was still worse. I think that was the first BFG I bought too.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 pm Bound for Glory as a whole is pointless.
TNA as a whole is pointless.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm
The Dragon Saga wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 pm Bound for Glory as a whole is pointless.
TNA as a whole is pointless.
Fuck off. TNA’s sole purpose in the business is to be a cancerous, financially draining laughingstock that embodies WCW 1999-2000.
The Dragon Saga

Impact is like that piece of dog shit you step in and can't get off the bottom of your shoe. No matter how hard you try, it's wedged in there and can't be moved, but eventually, it will be dry up, become crusty and eventually turn to dust.

If I were Ed Nordholm right now, I'd be a very sorry man for buying into this crap.

Joe Koff might be able to give him some pointers.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Joe Koff may come off as an idiot in interviews but he's actually running a successful wrestling promotion on a national scale right now. He's the only person in the US not named Vince McMahon to be doing that. You could have Jeff Jarrett, Ed Nordholm, Dorian Roldan, Dixie Carter, Billy Corgan, Eric Bischoff, the Yakuza, Rob Feinstein, or any number of buffoons and rogues running this ship.

Not saying he's perfect or that the product is the best it has ever been, nor am I discounting the impact of Bullet Club and the NJPW relationship. But the simple fact is Ring of Honor has never been more successful than they have been under Koff. Hell, you could argue that they've never been financially successful AT ALL under anyone else.

Lucha Underground is almost assuredly dead
Impact is paying fans to come to the shows and asking other fans to set up the ring for free
WWN is being sued by its own iPPV distributor
The NWA has a 50-something musician who thinks jetstreams are the government dumping chemicals on the public running it

Even WWE, while still orders of magnitude bigger than ROH or NJPW, is shrinking rapidly. ROH has to be doing something right.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Kevin Steen and El Generico were sent home from the WWE European tour for disciplinary reasons.

Please come home

edit
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn went against a creative directive given to them before SmackDown last night and we’re told it contributed to them being sent home.

Multiple sources tell us Sami and Kevin were supposed to “feed” for New Day following Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston yesterday, but for some reason they didn’t follow directions and left the ring.

The PWTorch glossary of insider wrestling terms defines “feeding” as: “The heel’s role during a babyface comeback where he runs at the babyface only to be repeatedly fended off, with the hope that the series of bumps by the heel will generate positive fan heat for the babyface.”

Owens hit the ring as soon as the match ended and attacked Kofi as planned. However, he and Sami quickly bailed from the ring. New Day then stood waiting, same for the sound crew who didn’t play anyone’s music, and the segment ended awkwardly when the two wrestlers seemingly went off script by not taking their planned beating afterward.

Since publishing the story on Owens/Zayn being sent home, multiple sources reached out saying the duo have been slightly difficult to work with lately and seem unhappy backstage.

It’s worth noting that they were both close with recently fired writer Jimmy Jacobs and Neville (who hasn’t been heard from since walking out).

Stay tuned for more updates.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/detail ... sent-home/
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm Image
That picture that Owens put up of him and Neville on Instagram speaks volumes now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

steenerico return is coming
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Corny going to be saying he told them so [cornette]
The Dragon Saga

They have too much talent to be let go. Imagine if Steen, Generico and PAC all came into ROH around the same time period.

Christ, ROH would be running house shows in arenas.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

They aren't leaving.

They were unhappy, acted, got disciplined and Owens, in particular, was embarrassed for the situation happening at all.

Likely with return on screen before the end of the Survivor Series PPV.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Would Rami Sebei even return as Generico?