ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

rovert1 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:38 am
monster mafia wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm eddie edwards lost ghc tittle..

wwe or roh bound?
Wherever he wants really. I don't a feel for the situation just yet. But he has endless friends in WWE and NXT. A lot of people there want to do right by Eddie and will likely force his hand in the decision.

Going directly back to ROH seems like a career retread. He's already a Grandslam Champion. Also, he could flop in NXT and ROH would still take him.

Obviously, Eddie has his limitations charisma wise and NXT is overstuffed with talent don't get it confused. But still, I think Eddie will do more than fine in NXT.
Even if Eddie Edwards is NXT bound, I do hope he at least comes back to ROH for a couple of matches (like Samoa Joe in 2015).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

austin aries is back....in tna.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm austin aries is back....in tna.
Meh. Rather disappointed to read this. Aries had an assload of potential storylines being further removed from ROH than TNA. Still not enough to make me resume watching TNA in my schedule.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I will give TNA some credit though....

Spoiler: show
....as they had Aries immediately win the World Title from Eli Drake.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm I will give TNA some credit though....

Means nothing. As I mentioned in the TNA thread, SmackDown’s main event scene has still been hindered by lousy writers after shifting the title from Mahal to Styles. And SmackDown, even after a 6-month Jinder Mahal push, still has infinite more fan goodwill than TNA.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm I will give TNA some credit though....

Means nothing. As I mentioned in the TNA thread, SmackDown’s main event scene has still been hindered by lousy writers after shifting the title from Mahal to Styles. And SmackDown, even after a 6-month Jinder Mahal push, still has infinite more fan goodwill than TNA.
I think it has to mean something. The fact that the mystery individual/team has decided to remain with/come to TNA when he/she/they could have gone elsewhere definitely means something. Maybe it's not so much a strike against WWE, but I can definitely see it being a good sign for TNA.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am
supersonic wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm

I think it has to mean something. The fact that the mystery individual/team has decided to remain with/come to TNA when he/she/they could have gone elsewhere definitely means something. Maybe it's not so much a strike against WWE, but I can definitely see it being a good sign for TNA.
To be completely honest, I would take Eli Drake over Jinder Mahal. Drake has a lot of charisma and is at least an average worker, from what I've seen of him (whereas Mahal is well below average).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impa ... ury-249801
Ethan Carter III is legitimately gone from the company. They taped the Feast or Fired briefcase show and he got the fired briefcase. As has been noted, his contract expires before the next set of tapings and he's not renewing so this was a way to write him out.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

He's going back to NXT. I like him as a character, but as a wrestler he's painfully average. I'm not sure he'd bring many eyes to the product either seeing as barely anyone watches TNA and most would still see him as being Derrick Bateman.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think EC3 is fantastic. I'm sure he'll go back to NXT, which is a big shame.

Hopefully Eddie comes home.
Big Red Machine

Ethan is a decent character, but a mediocre wrestler. ROH shouldn't be going after guys like him.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

If EC3 went to ROH I think he'd be better suited as a manager/authority figure. He isn't a very good wrestler but he can cut a damn good promo.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

He is in the camp for Ken Anderson or James Storm. If ROH happened to be in an area that they live and want to use them as a special draw for a VOD show. I agree that EC3 isn't special enough in the ring that I would want him full time. He fits on a talking show.
Big Red Machine

Storm has a better in-ring track record than either Anderson or Ethan by several miles.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm Storm has a better in-ring track record than either Anderson or Ethan by several miles.
No argument there. I just don't see any reason for him to be more than an occasional act. I'd actually really like to see him challenge Silas while they are in Nashville.
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:42 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm Storm has a better in-ring track record than either Anderson or Ethan by several miles.
No argument there. I just don't see any reason for him to be more than an occasional act. I'd actually really like to see him challenge Silas while they are in Nashville.
I'd actually like to see him be given a chance against someone like Jay Briscoe or Jay Lethal who would be able to test him purely as an in-ring wrestler. Silas can be too much of a character sometimes with his almost pointless surliness and trying to take things way too slow just to get heat.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm shocked that would bother you about Silas. He's practically the only guy on the roster who gives a shit about being a legit heel.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm
I'd actually like to see him be given a chance against someone like Jay Briscoe or Jay Lethal who would be able to test him purely as an in-ring wrestler. Silas can be too much of a character sometimes with his almost pointless surliness and trying to take things way too slow just to get heat.
Matches with Briscoe or Lethal could be interesting. Unfortunately right now it's doubtful either would lead to anything more than a one off since both guys are tied up in stories.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I'm not getting the impression that Eddie Edwards is on his way out of Impact judging by how he was used at their tapings the past few days. Plus, Meltzer didn't mention his name with EC3, Lashely and Laurel Van Ness when mentioning people he heard were finishing up with Impact during or after the tapings.
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Matches with Briscoe or Lethal could be interesting. Unfortunately right now it's doubtful either would lead to anything more than a one off since both guys are tied up in stories.
They don't have to lead to anything other than Storm earning a contract if his performances are good enough.