ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

supersonic wrote:http://voicesofwrestling.com/forum/view ... 510#p28851
Joe Lanza wrote:I'm starting to smell a rat with Cody Rhodes.
DO NOT CLICK ON LINK BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE COMPUTER AND HAVE POP-UP BLOCKERS. YOU WILL STILL SEE SMUT ADS SINCE DAVE SCHERER AND MIKE JOHNSON ARE SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKERS.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102916 ... s.html?p=1
Mike Johnson wrote:Interesting to note that we've heard there's been communication over the last few days between WWE and Cody Rhodes, who just departed the company. From what we can ascertain, there's been discussion about the company signing him to some sort of deal similar to their Legends deal, which would allow the company to release merchandise, etc. using his likeness. It may be that they had Stardust, etc. material coming out from a third-party (a Mattel action figure, for example) and offered him a deal so legally, they can move forward with that. There's been no talk of Rhodes returning as a full-time performer as he's seeking to work specific, big matches on the independent level and we've heard he's already being represented in Hollywood for potential acting world.
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/sta ... 0058608640
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

What does that even mean
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You will find out soon enough as I haven't gotten clarification on or permission to share what I've been told.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Mark Carrano called Cody Runnels for a legends deal. At this point no agreement has been reached but Runnels wasn’t happy because the conversation was supposed to be confidential, and the next thing you know, there were reports Rhodes had called WWE trying to return
More to this that I'm hoping gets broken on the Voices of Wrestling podcast.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You posted that in the wrong thread and I already beat you to it as well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

supersonic wrote:You posted that in the wrong thread and I already beat you to it as well.

you beat me? you want a candy or what?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic wrote:Observer:
Mark Carrano called Cody Runnels for a legends deal. At this point no agreement has been reached but Runnels wasn’t happy because the conversation was supposed to be confidential, and the next thing you know, there were reports Rhodes had called WWE trying to return
More to this that I'm hoping gets broken on the Voices of Wrestling podcast.
https://twitter.com/sodutw/status/748363593507287040
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

This vague bullshit posting here isn't as bad as rovert's posting of his own vague Twitter posts on the SA forums, but this is still pretty bad.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ceftaxias wrote:will never get the whole "i'm personally offended because someone knows something" deal
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed that you're posting these non-news items and treating them like they're something we should understand.

When it's actual news, sure, post whatever you want or whatever your insiders are telling you. But with what this Rhodes deal is, as of right now, it's nothing.

But you're right. It is silly to be upset about, it's only wrestling after all, and you can do whatever you're allowed to do if you'd like. I just personally would prefer actual things instead of vague things.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:I'm not offended, I'm annoyed that you're posting these non-news items and treating them like they're something we should understand.

When it's actual news, sure, post whatever you want or whatever your insiders are telling you. But with what this Rhodes deal is, as of right now, it's nothing.

But you're right. It is silly to be upset about, it's only wrestling after all, and you can do whatever you're allowed to do if you'd like. I just personally would prefer actual things instead of vague things.
x2
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

TYFDK wrote:This vague bullshit posting here isn't as bad as rovert's posting of his own vague Twitter posts on the SA forums, but this is still pretty bad.
You mean the guy who gets all pissy because people are "leaking" his "scoops" that he posts on a public forum anyone can read ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

monster mafia wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I'm not offended, I'm annoyed that you're posting these non-news items and treating them like they're something we should understand.

x2
x3
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

who cares about this? he is not in roh at this moment.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... mella-wwe/
Joe then delves into the seedy world of rumors and scoopz, as he takes a look at the in flux situation of several potential WWE signings. The list: Roderick Strong, Zack Sabre Jr, Johnny Gargano, Moose, and Ricochet. Finally, the curious case of Cody Rhodes’ release is broken down. Joe explains how there is way more beneath the surface than meets the eye.
Scoops time stamp 55:33

Moose:
WWE bound. The stalling has been the prior domestic violence incident. Talks way too much obviously.

Roderick Strong:
WWE bound. Had interest from TNA, but where’s the stability there?

Ricochet:
Lanza claims to have seen the offer and it was a “well into the six figures” guaranteed deal from “the network.” Compares the situation to Booker T.’s option in 2001, either sitting for the remainder of a huge AOL-TW contract, or betting on himself in WWF with a pay cut while much bigger WCW names stayed at home. Ultimately looks WWE bound which will be in 2017 as the new LU deal wasn’t signed.

Zack Sabre, Jr.:
3 completely different stories from 3 trusted sources fed to Lanza.
1. Sabre does NOT live in Orlando and isn’t “all that high” on signing with WWE.
2. Promoter tried booking Sabre but was told he isn’t taking anything after September 2016.
3. Sabre has heat with NXT management.

Johnny Gargano:
Three unrelated parties, two of them within minutes, told Lanza that Gargano is wrapping up his run on the indies in September 2016 and “has signed a full-time WWE contract.” WWN Live has a tentative Gargano farewell planned on 9/11/2016.

Cody Rhodes:
“Obvious” that his WWE release is a worked “soft release.” Initially told it’s an under-the-table deal orchestrated with Paul Levesque. Cody gets to leave for awhile, work with trendy indy stars, wash away the Stardust stink, and return with a workrate reputation from hardcore underground fans. Cody is apparently being paid by WWE instead of WWN Live to work Evolve! He’s also being paid by WWE during the rest of the “interim period.” Notice that Cody’s first indy date booked was with WWE-affiliated Evolve. Lanza has been “flat out told that Cody Rhodes has every intention of returning to WWE in the fall and doesn’t have any [indy] bookings beyond October [2016] right now.”

Until Cody works for NJPW, ROH, or TNA, Lanza doesn’t buy that he truly left WWE. Cody was supposedly told he can’t work for NJPW or ROH; TNA wasn’t mentioned on the no-no list but no way Cody goes there if’s still under WWE contract. Lanza believes the WWE legends contract story reported by PWInsider’s Mike Johnson was planted and is part of the work. Johnson is a co-opted member of the WWE media team who leaked the false story that Evolve would become a pure WWE farm system and that would thus force Chris Hero out. It is obvious that Paul Levesque leaks this to Johnson; listen to NXT’s conference calls to connect the dots. Also, it isn’t WWE’s MO to offer a Legends contract to a non-retired wrestler in his athletic prime. Cody’s anger over this is obviously false.

Cody is no stranger to being involved in works. A worked firing angle was used in the past to kick off the Stardust gimmick. He was booked to work PWS; owner Pat Buck told Voices of Wrestling that Cody’s match at the time was planned but then cancelled by WWE. Cody is currently charging very different rates with indy federations as well.

Cody is taking a brilliant but significant risk by doing this. There’s the very real chance he could fail to impress on the indies like Matt Hardy in 2005 and Curt Hawkins in 2014, causing his stock to drop even more than when this “soft release” started. But Cody is motivated and doesn’t wanna be defined by what had become an incredibly stale Stardust persona.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

and doesn’t have any [indy] bookings beyond October [2016] right now.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Great find!