ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WebConn

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by WebConn »

All Ego Ethan Page in ROH would be cool.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

iamloco724 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:23 am Ethan is great and it's been confirmed it has nothing to do with any of the recent drama, he asked for his release weeks ago.
I'll agree that Page is great and is one of the few heels able to draw actual heat on the indies, but I'm not so sure this isn't a work, considering the angle they've been doing (although I am still spoiler free for the last weekend's shows, so maybe something happened there that I don't know about).
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:29 pm
iamloco724 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:23 am Ethan is great and it's been confirmed it has nothing to do with any of the recent drama, he asked for his release weeks ago.
I'll agree that Page is great and is one of the few heels able to draw actual heat on the indies, but I'm not so sure this isn't a work, considering the angle they've been doing (although I am still spoiler free for the last weekend's shows, so maybe something happened there that I don't know about).
That's an interesting point. While it might not be a good idea to try something like that while an angle is really just getting off the ground, the combination of this storyline and other recent drama might be a quick way to reroute all this attention back toward the product.

My gut says that he's leaving. He has the tools to fit pretty much anywhere in the US.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

What angle though? What they were doing before the Troll Boyz stuff and at the start of that I'd agree but everything with him and that seemed to have closure or wasn't really going anywhere further especially in a direction that would lead me to think it's a work.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Gotta be a work in my opinion... Too much of a coincidence with the timing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ethan gabriel owens
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

How dumb if EVOLVE to put the tag straps on someone who's out the door if he really did leave.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm How dumb if EVOLVE to put the tag straps on someone who's out the door if he really did leave.
They aren't tag champs.. They only had them for a night
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Hell will have to freeze over before Page returns to ROH with Delirious as booker.
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm Hell will have to freeze over before Page returns to ROH with Delirious as booker.
I don't know of the history, care to elaborate?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Page is Elgin's buddy.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Robbie E done with Impact.

Honestly, I always thought he was pretty underrated. They paired him up with some awful tag partners, they threw him in the X Division for no reason, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come in for a few matches. See if he can cut it in ROH.

Low Ki and Eddie Kingston also have their contracts expiring soon.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I've always like Robbie E.... but i look at him as a better entertainer. Ideal for the WWE. Although it would be interesting to see him team with someone like Rhett Titus. Or maybe even join the Kingdom for some charisma. Although if he went to the WWE, he could be the long lost Hype Bro. Or he could go to Evolve and team with Matt Riddle and be the Bro Bros. He should have options.

Now if Impact wants to release Eddie Edwards, i'd be all for an Edwards return.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'd like to see Eddie get a singles run this time and get a serious push this time. Outlaw INC. didn't work in ROH so if they brought Homicide and Kingston back i'd like to see them have singles runs.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

iamloco724 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:51 pm
rovert1 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm Hell will have to freeze over before Page returns to ROH with Delirious as booker.
Ethan's need to communication and straightforwardness lead to a short run with ROH in 2014.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Ethan Page is alright, but that's about it. I've never viewed him as a star in any fashion and always thought Alexander out shined him in their tag team. Page can stay away.

Robbie E can also stay away.

Eddie Kingston I wouldn't say no to. I just think he's funny.

Low Ki will never happen. Ever.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm
iamloco724 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:51 pm
Ethan's need to communication and straightforwardness lead to a short run with ROH in 2014.
Monster Mafia wrote a blog post a year or so ago burying ROH. Alexander claimed O'Reilly hurt his neck with a DDT (his neck was injured beforehand) and that they were the most over people in ROH shows.

Page also complained about ROH renaming him Ethan Gabriel Owens because Adam Page was on the roster.

Monster Mafia burnt that bridge.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Eddie Kingston now officially done with Impact.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'd say I don't want to see Kingston in ROH doing singles stuff in 2017, when he should've been here in 2007, but heck, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are two of the hottest stars in the WWE right now, so what the hell, why not.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Considering that Kingston is a 35-year-old, he pretty much fits the new median age in ROH. He's never had success in the company, and I don't really see it working out now. I guess the novelty of Kingston vs. Jay Briscoe would be nice, though I've slowly lost interest in both, as talented as they are.
rovert1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 pm Ethan's need to communication and straightforwardness lead to a short run with ROH in 2014.
Uh-huh. Only named person to get totally buried by Page in his free agent video. Language about Delirious came off as eerily familiar.