ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

STITCHES wrote:It would be! Rhodes, too.

My only gripe, though, would be we could use some variety at that point. In terms of style, body type, etc. Some additional heavyweights (not fat dudes like BCB) would be good, too. I often wonder why Brian Cage or Chris Dickinson haven't found their way to ROH. They'd be interesting competition against guys like Jay Briscoe, Moose, Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, etc.
hey man,bcb is amazing!
:lol:

but yeah...i would love too se a hoss division in roh..they need 2 or 3 more big guys
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Hey man, not knocking BCB entirely. There's a time and place for chunky dudes in pro wrestling. Look at the Dudleyz or Bam Bam Bigelow. But those guys also did some impressive things in the ring and gimmick-wise.

But yeah, "hoss division." Definitely. Brian Cage vs Moose or Cobb vs Elgin. Fucking why not?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

SandsShifter wrote: ROH already has dealings with PCW, but at the same time, NJPW has a working relationship with RevPro. But, then again, RevPro just did some matches for the Cruiserweight Classic, so who knows what will happen with the relationship there.

I'm really hoping ROH can bring in Ospreay, that would be fantastic.
RevPro would have been my first choice, but as you say they have just made ties with WWE and I don't know if that has made any "friendship" with Rev Pro difficult or just impossible. I do wonder if Progress might be the best option considering there has been a lot of buzz about them recently it be a good idea to go with them as well as PCW.

Either way having a strong relationship within the UK would be important right now considering the we are currently entering a start of a boom period which I don't think we have ever had. We nearly had it with Jody Fliesch, Doug Williams and James Storm etc.

Yeah it certainly would be, I think he could have a similar experience to Zack Sabre has had at PWG.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

What would be the advantage in partnering with any one particular UK promotion over another? It's not like any of them have any exclusive access to talent or contracts or anything. Seems like it would be a limiting move without any real benefit for ROH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Burnside wrote:What would be the advantage in partnering with any one particular UK promotion over another? It's not like any of them have any exclusive access to talent or contracts or anything. Seems like it would be a limiting move without any real benefit for ROH.
Personally I don't think there is, but ROH might hampered in who they can work with due to our agreement with NJPW. The landscape of wrestling is really changing as you have both the WWE and NJPW and trying to cultivate relationships with many promotions around the world but there is only so many that you can work with for example, NJPW has a strong relationship with CMLL where as WWE supposedly has a stronger relationship with AAA. WWE has a stronger relationship with Evolve, NJPW has a stronger relationship with ROH, So it wouldn't surprise me to see both the WWE and NJPW to try and do the same within Britain considering the buzz that it is currently getting and creating.

I
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

WWE does not have anything close to a stronger relationship with AAA, they wanted Hijo del Fantasma/King Cuerno for the Crusierweight tournament and AAA said no for example.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

187_Joeism wrote:WWE does not have anything close to a stronger relationship with AAA, they wanted Hijo del Fantasma/King Cuerno for the Crusierweight tournament and AAA said no for example.
Strong might have been too emphatic but I have read/heard that they have built bridges.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It was just announced that Dominion will be Jay White's last show with New Japan before he begins his excursion in the USA with ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

he is so good,i hope roh put him in some storyline and not just random matches

a feud with roddy could be great.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Depends how long he will stay for really, if he is hear for a full year then yeah put the time in, but if he is simply here to get minutes and exposure for a few months their is no point in investing a real feud with him.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If he is going to stay for a while give him a feud, Silas Young would be perfect for his first feud, he can make him look good and can carry the bulk of the promos. If he is going to stay for a few months then put him in matches like they are doing with Kamaitachi.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Jay White’s debut should be in a few weeks as a full-timer. I expect he’ll get a push as booker Hunter Johnston was high on him when he saw him on his Japan trips.
Saxton_fan

Post by Saxton_fan »

The idea of A hoss devision would be pretty new. Njpw is big on heavyweights and Roh haa alot of guys that could be broughy in and some guys that could be made singles and really shine in that devision. Guys like Cage Cobb and even if they split war machine they could shine individually. Moose worked Samson Walker last year and Walker also worked Roddy he would make a good addition as well.
I think all of the change may be a good thing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
They were hoping to get Dragon Lee for the 7/16 show in Philadelphia. I don’t know that it was to do a dream match with Kamaitachi, but that’s what I’d either do or build up to. But Lee’s knee injury will delay him coming in, at least based on what the promotion has been told. We’re also told that Dragon Lee still wants to work that date. They’ve opened up relations with CMLL and the first CMLL talent will debut on that show

Katsuyori Shibata has gotten his working visa and he’ll debut on the 8/19 Death Before Dishonor PPV show in Las Vegas which will include much of the New Japan crew
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully the talent coming in will actually already be involved with ROH talent in New Japan by then and the matches will actually help with stories progressing in both companies, which if Dominion is anything to go by then I reckon that will be the case.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

SHIBATA 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I guess that Keith Lee, Shane Taylor and Jason Kincaid have signed deals and will be working full time. . It would appear that they are replacing Strong, Moose and Alexander on the roster . Also the addition of Lio Rush , Jay White and Kamaitachi should provide some much needed new blood. All in all I would say ROH is still in good shape talent wise.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://voicesofwrestling.com/forum/view ... 510#p28851
Joe Lanza wrote:I'm starting to smell a rat with Cody Rhodes.
DO NOT CLICK ON LINK BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE COMPUTER AND HAVE POP-UP BLOCKERS. YOU WILL STILL SEE SMUT ADS SINCE DAVE SCHERER AND MIKE JOHNSON ARE SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKERS.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102916 ... s.html?p=1
Mike Johnson wrote:Interesting to note that we've heard there's been communication over the last few days between WWE and Cody Rhodes, who just departed the company. From what we can ascertain, there's been discussion about the company signing him to some sort of deal similar to their Legends deal, which would allow the company to release merchandise, etc. using his likeness. It may be that they had Stardust, etc. material coming out from a third-party (a Mattel action figure, for example) and offered him a deal so legally, they can move forward with that. There's been no talk of Rhodes returning as a full-time performer as he's seeking to work specific, big matches on the independent level and we've heard he's already being represented in Hollywood for potential acting world.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Nice introduction! Quite a lot of things in there I didn't know about him, taking into consideration I don't speak Japanese and consequently don't know if the commentators ever talked about his past.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer