ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I find it interesting that within the same page some guys here are pissed at Kyle O'Reilly for his feelings towards ROH, but literally right after that are sympathetic to Ricochet and his plight with Lucha Underground. Not saying that people aren't entitled to their respective feelings on both guys, I just find it noteworthy.
I'm sympathetic to Kyle that he shouldn't be prevented from working and providing for his family, but should Kyle have had the conversations and supposed agreements with WWE, Kyle may well not have been in this situation if he had just allowed his contract to run out and then had the conversations. I don't think ROH should be acting the mr big balls but I can undersrand why they are trying to considering the situations they have had recently and in the past with talent.

Also we don't know the conversations that ROH and Ricochet had if any and if they did speak did it centre around signing an actual contract or just to be used in some format. These might be small differences but there are changes in the situations.

Out of all of this I would hope that ROH and Ricochet can work together at some point, as that would just be awesome, especially if it was with Sydal and the Young Bucks.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

You can see that shit in PWG and Rev Pro. Let's see Ricochet against REAL BIG LEAGUE STARS such as Bull Dempsey, Ken Dykstra, and Mr. Kennedy.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Cody Rhodes said on Sports Illustrated that he will make an important decision this month.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/0 ... twitter_si

He'll stop travelling and working everywhere. He said that he's going to sign a contract with a company.

He also said that he wants the ROH World title. Knowing that he'll work on the G1 Clímax, I'm sure he's going to sign a contract with ROH. I don't like this. You know that ROH isn't doing well when Cody is your future top heel. I'm not saying that Cody is a bad Wrestler, but he isn't in ROH's top in-ring level. He's entertaining, but cannot have ****+ matches. I hope he doesn't win the World title.
Brada

Post by Brada »

IF, and it is a BIG IF......but if Cody signs a ROH deal.........you can take it to the bank that he will be the one to take the strap from Daniels.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:IF, and it is a BIG IF......but if Cody signs a ROH deal.........you can take it to the bank that he will be the one to take the strap from Daniels.
Brada you shouldn't be having any kind of hypothesis on World title predictions, brother. You have bombed on O'Reilly, Daniels, and Castle.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. He probably wins it after the G1 Climax Tournament.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If Cody signs they'll make him champ immediately.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Cody as TV Champ is my absolute limit. He just isn't good enough to be THE Champ. Luckily, I don't see ROH giving him the title.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't mind Cody if he's an established placeholder filling in for Cole while ROH build up some homegrown guys. However, considering their most well attended show ever heavily promoted Matt and Jeff Hardy, I expect the reality of the situation is ROH will keep building around ex WWE and ex TNA guys going forward. In which case Cody is hardly a bad choice, but it would be hard not to resent him for what he represents.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote:I don't mind Cody if he's an established placeholder filling in for Cole while ROH build up some homegrown guys. However, considering their most well attended show ever heavily promoted Matt and Jeff Hardy, I expect the reality of the situation is ROH will keep building around ex WWE and ex TNA guys going forward. In which case Cody is hardly a bad choice, but it would be hard not to resent him for what he represents.
Yeah this was perfectly summed up. The situation is what it is. Neither pro or con on it, but with what ROH represents now they are going to ride out on any name talent they got. I don't even believe Delirious has any intention though of putting the belt on homegrown talent. If you read between the lines, the mother fucker is paranoid. I firmly believe Delirious is going to put the ROH World title on Bully Ray at some point. Its fucked up that Jarrett is getting some young talent and ROH keeps collecting the veteran castoffs.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
maxx_powerz wrote:I don't mind Cody if he's an established placeholder filling in for Cole while ROH build up some homegrown guys. However, considering their most well attended show ever heavily promoted Matt and Jeff Hardy, I expect the reality of the situation is ROH will keep building around ex WWE and ex TNA guys going forward. In which case Cody is hardly a bad choice, but it would be hard not to resent him for what he represents.
Yeah this was perfectly summed up. The situation is what it is. Neither pro or con on it, but with what ROH represents now they are going to ride out on any name talent they got. I don't even believe Delirious has any intention though of putting the belt on homegrown talent. If you read between the lines, the mother fucker is paranoid. I firmly believe Delirious is going to put the ROH World title on Bully Ray at some point. Its fucked up that Jarrett is getting some young talent and ROH keeps collecting the veteran castoffs.
In addition to the reasons why a lot of people have left ROH in recent months , a lot of good young talents are going to think twice about going to ROH due to what they're pulling with Kyle and company.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yeah, the longer this goes on the more of a PR nightmare this could turn out to be. Shit is starting to seep out publicly, but behind the scenes its most likely a lot worse. The Dijak interview said a ton without him saying anything.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The G1 depending on how far he goes will I think be a good gage of what he can achieve when pushed, It might be a huge surprise in the end. I guess if his work in the ring isn't up to scratch then obviously booking and stories are obviously going to have to be strong and take us through the journey great matches do.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Brada wrote:IF, and it is a BIG IF......but if Cody signs a ROH deal.........you can take it to the bank that he will be the one to take the strap from Daniels.
Brada you shouldn't be having any kind of hypothesis on World title predictions, brother. You have bombed on O'Reilly, Daniels, and Castle.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. He probably wins it after the G1 Climax Tournament.
Can't argue with you there....lol.

My World Championship predictions as of late have been the absolute shits.........................BUT..................

I AM YOUR REIGNING, DEFENDING, UNDISPUTED PICKEMS CHAMPION, AND AS SUCH YOU WILL SHOW ME THE RESPECT I DESERVE.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I WILL FORGIVE YOU IN ADVANCE OF YOUR UPCOMING APOLOGY FOR SUCH A SLANDEROUS COMMENT.

Now that I got that off my chest....yeah, I am 0 for my last 3......so Cody is probably headed for some curtain jerking duty with Ferrara or lil' Cheesy....
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Yoshihiro Tajiri once again done with WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few ROH bookings. At 46 I wouldn't sign him to a contract, though.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote:Yoshihiro Tajiri once again done with WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few ROH bookings. At 46 I wouldn't sign him to a contract, though.
Well that was quick.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
famicommander wrote:Yoshihiro Tajiri once again done with WWE. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few ROH bookings. At 46 I wouldn't sign him to a contract, though.
Well that was quick.
Someone at the ROH office must already be working on the graphic for Tajiri vs. Scurll.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Well that was quick.
He got hurt and wasn't able to be medically cleared to return.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so every wrestler that leaves wwe needs to be in roh?

tajiri? come on... :lol:
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AlexROH wrote:Cody Rhodes said on Sports Illustrated that he will make an important decision this month.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/0 ... twitter_si

He'll stop travelling and working everywhere. He said that he's going to sign a contract with a company.

He also said that he wants the ROH World title. Knowing that he'll work on the G1 Clímax, I'm sure he's going to sign a contract with ROH. I don't like this. You know that ROH isn't doing well when Cody is your future top heel. I'm not saying that Cody is a bad Wrestler, but he isn't in ROH's top in-ring level. He's entertaining, but cannot have ****+ matches. I hope he doesn't win the World title.
Yeah Cody is most likely going exclusive with ROH.