ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Are Penta & Fenix currently under contract anywhere? They'd be a hell of a coup.
Aren't they not able to work US TV because of their Lucha Underground deals?
Yes. The have a no compete clause until season 3 ends.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Uh, are you fucking serious? The star power and talent has been dropping off for years, dude. As much as I like Cole, he's not even in the same league as Danielson and Punk.
I'm sorry, I don't agree with much of whatever Roque says, but Adam Cole right now is more of a draw and a star than pre-WWE, Bryan Danielson or CM Punk ever were. They were Internet darlings at a time when being an Internet darling was still a thing. Adam Cole is renowned and acclaimed for his star presence, ability and overall way of handling himself. Between his achievements in and outside Ring of Honor, he is a much bigger star than either Bryan or Punk ever achieved prior to getting the exposure through WWE. It also helps that ROH is a much larger company, is much more easily accessible and has a much larger reach than it did when either of them were around too.
Than Bryan was (until about 2007)? Yes. But not bigger than Punk.

But I definitely agree that Cole is definitely at the same level as those two in terms of being a top ROH star and a five tool player.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

well, if he thinks that...he is ungrateful
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL AThaTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

I doubt he actually feels that way. He'd likely never have made it to NJPW if he'd left ROH in 2011.

It's probably just a way of expressing to the fans and administration at Evolve that he's happy to be back.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Kyle has no reason to feel positive towards ROH right now. Its been over 90 days and the company is still causing delays in WWE signings for him and others. Every company has been doing what ROH is claiming for decades, including ROH themselves and during the same time period they claim this stuff happened
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's sad that guys have to see this type of stuff to try and get over, Dijak so far has been the only one to show some class in all of this and honestly considering his level he probably is one that should be the most frustrated and angry. Regardless of how many people believe in themselves most of these guys would be nowhere near as popular without ROH actually giving them a chance and giving a much larger environment to show themselves off to than most companies.

I wonder if any guys like Rush, Kyle etc would be saying this shit if they had been champion for longer or got "wins" in the company, sadly I think not.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Kyle is such an ungreatful Guy. He wouldn't as popular/big as he's without ROH. He was part of the best fucking tag team in years. He went to Japan, he had big matches... Yeah, if he would have stayed in EVOLVE he would have had some good matches, but he wouldn't be known outside little indies, just like Johnny Gargano, the Ace of the company (I love Johnny and EVOLVE, but they aren't as big as ROH).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gratitude is irrelevant. His contract ran out and now he's in limbo.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AAA & Lucha Underground have a relationship with Jarrett/Impact Wrestling. On the other hand, ROH has one with NJPW/CMLL. Everybody knows that it is almost impossible to see a AAA guy working on a company related to CMLL.

Plus, as Ricochet told me in an interview I posted here, every LU guy has a no-compete clause until LU's season three airs. He can work TV on Japan, but he can't on the USA.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

he cant work house shows too ?? a shame.

by that tweet seems like both roh and ricochet want to work but they cant.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

LU is rumored to be in near ruin. If they fold, wonder what happens to the contracts.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:he cant work house shows too ?? a shame.

I don't think so. At least, that's what he told me. If it wasn't for his contract with LU, he would have been wrestling for ROH. First as a tag team with Sydal and later as a singles wrestler.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

I would think he can. He's worked shows for EVOLVE, Wrestlecon and other Mania weekend shows. He just can't do TV or PPV
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

JTCole wrote:LU is rumored to be in near ruin. If they fold, wonder what happens to the contracts.
There is a lot of speculation about what the final outcome will be with all of the LU wrestlers who left AAA, but I don't think LU itself is going away.

Obviously if those people don't come back for a potential season 4, there's a lot of issues that come up. Storylines will be disrupted, a lot of star power will be missing, and it will surely lead to some scramble booking but as long as the Roldans and El Rey are on board, they can make it work.

From Pro Wrestling Sheet today:
Ryan Satin wrote:Sources with knowledge of the situation tell us El Rey officials are very happy with LU and optimistic about making another season of the show, once all the episodes they’ve filmed have been shown.

We’re told that because so many episodes have already been filmed, the network is way ahead of production and not in a rush to officially green-light the next season yet.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/deal-l ... mpact-aaa/
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote:

I don't think so. At least, that's what he told me. If it wasn't for his contract with LU, he would have been wrestling for ROH. First as a tag team with Sydal and later as a singles wrestler.
After reading this I can only lament on what could have been...a prolonged feud with The Young Bucks.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Ricochet vs. Jay Lethal with the ROH World Title on the line would have been incredible.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I find it interesting that within the same page some guys here are pissed at Kyle O'Reilly for his feelings towards ROH, but literally right after that are sympathetic to Ricochet and his plight with Lucha Underground. Not saying that people aren't entitled to their respective feelings on both guys, I just find it noteworthy.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I find it interesting that within the same page some guys here are pissed at Kyle O'Reilly for his feelings towards ROH, but literally right after that are sympathetic to Ricochet and his plight with Lucha Underground. Not saying that people aren't entitled to their respective feelings on both guys, I just find it noteworthy.
Exactly. It sucks for Ricochet that he can't work somewhere he wants to work, but ROH deserves to keep having to deal with these type of situations due to what they are pulling with Kyle and others.

Another thing this Ricochet situation shows is that ROH has had conversations with Ricochet while he is bound to his Lucha Underground agreement at the same time they are claiming WWE has been tampering.

I would say Kyle's situation is worse than Ricochet's right now. At least Ricochet knows he'll be free once season 3 ends. With Kyle he's been in limbo for months and there's no telling when he'll be free.