ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Flip Gordon is coming?

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hope so, he is a very good talent that I think will really grow into a very good wrestler, it will also be another good sign of ROH rebuilding it's lower part of the card. I really hope ROH makes far better use of everyone this time, I hope all these guys leaving has shown ROH that the new guys need something and can't just let to rot or left holding their dick.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, Flip is a fine wrestler, but ROH doesn't need another high-flyer. I'd rather had Stallion and/or Skyler than Flip Gordon.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote:Well, Flip is a fine wrestler, but ROH doesn't need another high-flyer. I'd rather had Stallion and/or Skyler than Flip Gordon.
Really? I would think ROH does, considering Rush and ACH have left there aren't many true single high hylers/Really Agile guys in ROH anymore bar Sydal to me anyway, unless I'm missing guys out.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BurningHammer wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Well, Flip is a fine wrestler, but ROH doesn't need another high-flyer. I'd rather had Stallion and/or Skyler than Flip Gordon.
Really? I would think ROH does, considering Rush and ACH have left there aren't many true single high hylers/Really Agile guys in ROH anymore bar Sydal to me anyway, unless I'm missing guys out.
Well, ROH doesn't have a lot of high-flyers right now, that is true. What I mean is that Flip Gordon isn't a guy I see potential. He's average. An yeah, you can tell me that there are a lot of average wrestlers in ROH, but I don't see Flip Gordon as necessary sign.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:
Well, ROH doesn't have a lot of high-flyers right now, that is true. What I mean is that Flip Gordon isn't a guy I see potential. He's average. An yeah, you can tell me that there are a lot of average wrestlers in ROH, but I don't see Flip Gordon as necessary sign.
alex how many matches of flip gordon have you seen? i dont know him very much, he is not that good? real question.

and yeah...stallion and skyler needs to stay on the radar
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:
alex how many matches of flip gordon have you seen? i dont know him very much, he is not that good? real question.

and yeah...stallion and skyler needs to stay on the radar
I've seen like 5-7 matches from him. Stuff from EVOLVE last year, some random matches from Beyond and some indies on YouTube and his matches during WM 33 Week. He's fine, but he isn't ACH, Lio Rush or something like that. I'd rather see Sammy Guevara or Dezmond Xavier than Flip Gordon.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote:Hope so, he is a very good talent that I think will really grow into a very good wrestler, it will also be another good sign of ROH rebuilding it's lower part of the card. I really hope ROH makes far better use of everyone this time, I hope all these guys leaving has shown ROH that the new guys need something and can't just let to rot or left holding their dick.
This is the real issue. They can bring in all of the talented guys that they want, but if they continue to not do anything with them, then they're no rebuilding anything.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:Hope so, he is a very good talent that I think will really grow into a very good wrestler, it will also be another good sign of ROH rebuilding it's lower part of the card. I really hope ROH makes far better use of everyone this time, I hope all these guys leaving has shown ROH that the new guys need something and can't just let to rot or left holding their dick.
This is the real issue. They can bring in all of the talented guys that they want, but if they continue to not do anything with them, then they're no rebuilding anything.
Agreed Red, but i'm hoping how Starr came off on the most recent TV episode is the real start of something as the undercard begins to branch out, it may well be that Starr becomes the main feud for Marty. There is still a long long way to considering what ROH has done or hasn't done as the case may be.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

After what I saw against Sydal, I wouldnt mind Flip Gordon in ROH moving forward.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

WebConn wrote:After what I saw against Sydal, I wouldnt mind Flip Gordon in ROH moving forward.
Meh. I wasn't too impressed.
Big Red Machine

I don't recall seeing this Gordon fellow in anything but an undercard role before, but if he could come in with a different first name I would be much happier.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Marty Scurll will compete in NJPW's Best of Súper Jr. So, is this a sign of he staying with ROH?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote:Marty Scurll will compete in NJPW's Best of Súper Jr. So, is this a sign of he staying with ROH?
It’s actually been about six months since Scurll signed his opt-out contract. ROH is still heavily pushing him, so it seems safe to assume that ROH feels confident they will be able extend his contract for at least a few more months. Also, there has hardly been a peep of Scurll considering other options.

But, as we have seen in the past few months, things tend to shift pretty quickly in today’s company. I guess we’ll all see soon enough.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Marty Scurll will compete in NJPW's Best of Súper Jr. So, is this a sign of he staying with ROH?
It’s actually been about six months since Scurll signed his opt-out contract. ROH is still heavily pushing him, so it seems safe to assume that ROH feels confident they will be able extend his contract for at least a few more months. Also, there has hardly been a peep of Scurll considering other options.

But, as we have seen in the past few months, things tend to shift pretty quickly in today’s company. I guess we’ll all see soon enough.
The original deal was for one year, with an opt-out clause six months in, right?

Also, I'm kind of shocked that they're letting yet another Gaijin into the tournament.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I was running off a flawed memory. You're right; my mind always reduced it to it essentially being a six-month contract because of the contingent nature of the opt-out clause. Still, from the basis of their product, ROH is operating under the impression that he's going to be around for at least a few months.
Big Red Machine wrote:Also, I'm kind of shocked that they're letting yet another Gaijin into the tournament.
But that's, like, their created standard for the junior division at this point. More gaijin into New Japan seems inevitable in their western focus and expansion. Specific to Scurll, his character seems to always get over. He doesn't seem to be a risk to me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a think he is gonna complete the full year and later...we need to wait..i hope he stays more time.

awesome match ups for bosj:

lee vs marty
ospreay vs marty
hiromu vs marty...

amazing.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Chase Owens got left out this year.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

SweetDaddy wrote:Chase Owens got left out this year.
I think he got bumped up to Heavy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

omega for si

“In terms of being ROH champion, it’s never been a viable goal since I’ve only ever been in title contention once in my career. If I were ever in a position to appear more for ROH, I would accept nothing less than to be recognized as the best – which would mean having to challenge the top dogs/champions.”