ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
maxx_powerz

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by maxx_powerz »

I would guess Punk in NJPW would be a special attraction working a few matches a year, I don't think there is any chance of Punk working here again. I think Danielson is way more likely, as far as unlikely longshots go.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I don't think Punk's style would mesh with NJPW particularly well. I'd rather see him as the official voice of New Japan's English Expansion. Have him do live commentary at big shows, and have him replace JR's soulless AXS commentary. Though I wouldn't mind Punk against Okada/Omega/Tana/Naito.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rocky Romero announced he isn't retiring, though he is officially done with the Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Division.

He said he wants to help out with NJPW US and also maybe appear for PWG some more. So he's probably available.

I say book the man.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:42 pm Rocky Romero announced he isn't retiring, though he is officially done with the Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Division.

He said he wants to help out with NJPW US and also maybe appear for PWG some more. So he's probably available.

I say book the man.
He shoukd back door his way into the ROH booker role.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 pm
famicommander wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:42 pm Rocky Romero announced he isn't retiring, though he is officially done with the Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Division.

I say book the man.
He shoukd back door his way into the ROH booker role.
Would love to see Rocky more. I think he still has some gas left in the tank. As far as booking goes...why not? Unfortunately Koff is married to Delirious.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Romero is the actual person who was initially behind the ROH/New Japan partnership by the way.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pmUnfortunately Koff is married to Delirious.
WHAT A REVELATION!!! And I thought their relationship wws stricly platonic.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:59 pmUnfortunately Koff is married to Delirious.
What is your fucking problem? I haven't had problem with you on this forum for years. Now this is your 2nd smarmy comment.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:44 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 am
What is your fucking problem? I haven't had problem with you on this forum for years. Now this is your 2nd smarmy comment.
2nd? What was the other?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

*Pull-apart spot* Easy, fellas.

Regarding Rocky, maybe get him to help at the ROH dojo before the LA territory really starts out. Something tells me Brutal Bob isn’t a rockstar trainer.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 am *Pull-apart spot* Easy, fellas.

Regarding Rocky, maybe get him to help at the ROH dojo before the LA territory really starts out. Something tells me Brutal Bob isn’t a rockstar trainer.
Nor is Delirious or Cheeseburger or Ferrara. The combined total of the past ten years of the ROH Dojo has created... Rhett Titus. And that's it.
Last edited by Big Red Machine on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The dojo is a joke.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If only Colby Lopez had enough funds when he first showed up during the Punk era.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WWE is passing on Rey Mysterio because they don't want to deal with his representation, Konnan.

The obvious choice for Rey is GFW given Konnan is an on-screen character there and they work with his Crash promotion. He is said to have a contract offer in hand from them. The potential sticking point is Rey's desire to still control outside bookings and completely control his schedule.

Rey has beef with AAA but we all know that doesn't mean he'll never go back there.

Some combination of ROH/NJPW/CMLL would be awesome in my opinion. One more match with Liger would be a dream, I don't care where or how. And Rey is a legitimate global star that could really elevate all three companies if he wanted to. He'd especially help with NJPW's US growth and potential ROH growth in the southwestern US and Mexico.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mysterio/Ospreay would be a hell of a UK ROH Show, that's for sure
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'm not interested in seeing Rey Mysterio in "top" matches in 2017. He's facing Ospreay at WCPW World Cup this month, btw
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

observer:

Will Ospreay announced earlier today at a show in Sydney, Australia for the PWA promotion (run by woman star Madison Eagles), after he won their heavyweight championship from Robbie Eagles, that he was moving to Australia in the near future and would be back working for PWA and the other independent promotions in the area. Ospreay said he feels he can help the Australian independent scene grow while the U.K. scene doesn't need him top be there. Ospreay told us later today that he might be moving there as his base, but that is he committed to New Japan and ROH either way.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Hey, Ospreay might be on to something. A lot of talent is coming out of Australia and New Zealand. He's right that the British scene doesn't need him. I'm sure some marks might bitch about this, but you can't deny the man's commitment to expanding his horizons globally. Good for him.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Davey Richards said he isn't retiring, he's just a part-time wrestler. It would be cool to have him wrestle 1-3 matches, you know, as a special attraction.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wasn't there some heat with Richards and ROH when he left?? Or am i just dreaming that up. I'd love to see Richards in ROH now. Wouldn't hurt to have another (Briscoe/Strong/Lethal) type wrestler who have a great match every show. Even if it is just on a special attraction basis.