ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:Mike Bennett married wisely. Maria got him jobs in ROH, NJPW, TNA, and now WWE. Not bad for a guy with below average talent.
Oh come on. Bennett is at least average.
Bennett had a mediocre at the very best match with HIROSHI TANAHASHI when Tana was arguably in his prime. If Tanahashi can't drag a great match from Bennett, Bennett is hopelessly bad, and should be counting his lucky stars each and every day he can ride his wife's coat tails.
I'm not Bennett's biggest fan, but I think his work in-ring is, at least, average. The Tanahashi statement isn't fair. Tana never (well, just that time with Roddy in Philly, but hey, it's Roddy Strong) works in "Ace Mode" outside of Japan. He's always in house show mode in the USA or Europe. To be fair, I enjoyed more the Bennett-Tana match than Cole-Tanahashi, and I wouldn't say that Adam Cole is mediocre bc he wasn't able to have a good match with Tanahashi.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote:Mike Bennett married wisely. Maria got him jobs in ROH, NJPW, TNA, and now WWE. Not bad for a guy with below average talent.
Let's just forget that Maria followed him to ROH.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

King of Indy Style wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Oh come on. Bennett is at least average.
Bennett had a mediocre at the very best match with HIROSHI TANAHASHI when Tana was arguably in his prime. If Tanahashi can't drag a great match from Bennett, Bennett is hopelessly bad, and should be counting his lucky stars each and every day he can ride his wife's coat tails.
That's rather revisionist. Tanahashi came in with a really bad back.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Weren't the reports that Tanahashi specifically wanted to wrestle Bennett and that he was very happy with the match himself?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote:
Let's just forget that Maria followed him to ROH.
I did, apparently.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

jordidebaas wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:48 am Weren't the reports that Tanahashi specifically wanted to wrestle Bennett and that he was very happy with the match himself?
Yes
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Austin Aries. WWE wishes Aries the best in all of his future endeavors".

Aries comming back to ROH?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh need someone like aries, i hope he returns.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Man I hope so
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

He would be the perfect wrestler for ROH's current roster. He would be like Roddy in his last 2-3 years, that star that can have a great match at every show, making younger talents look strong and wrestling sometimes for the TV/World title.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wrestling Observer just confirmed that Aries asked for his release. So, he's either retiring or having a last ROH/indies run.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the next: luke harper...lets go luke!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would watch the crap out of an Austin Aries/Dalton Castle feud.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't think Delirious and Aries get along. Remember, Aries was only booked once (as an injury replacement no less) during the six months between leaving TNA and his NXT debut. If he isn't retiring, I bet he ends up back in TNA.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm "WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Austin Aries. WWE wishes Aries the best in all of his future endeavors".

Aries comming back to ROH?
Wouldn't mind Aries coming back at all. If anything I would like for him to come back and feud with old pal Kenny King. Have him put King over and take him out of mid-card status. While not a top guy, King is better than how he has been booked.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think if King were to win the TV title, which i have a sneaking suspicion he is going to, a first (maybe only) challenger of Aries and a series of matches for the title maybe ending up at Final Battle I reckon would help everyone involved.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'd imagine he'll take some time off to heal some injuries, then i'd say it's between ROH and Global Force. Global Force needs stars, so i could see them making the best offer. I could see ROH making him a fair offer as well.

Too bad his WWE run wasn't more special. In fact, his highlights were probably his commentary. It's too bad 205 live has a dark cloud over it's head.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I hope Delirious already called to him.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Montana wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:10 am It's too bad 205 live has a dark cloud over it's head.
A "dark cloud" implies that there are forces beyond WWE's control for the lack of momentum behind the cruiserweight roster.

Truthfully, I don't know where I would like to see Aries today. ROH doesn't really need another aged guy taking a spot; their roster is full of veterans that should be getting over the younger talent.

Maybe Evolve could make an exception to their age strategy. Aries could be a mid to upper card great face their to get over talent like Ethan Page, Austin Theory, and ACH.

Also, it's a shame that we're never going to get Cole vs. Aries. Though we could now see Scurll vs. Aries, the former I believe supersonic called this generation's Aries, which I won't disagree with.