ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Fan on a message board bitching about social media being a problem. BUT THE COVID IS CURED BY HORSE PASTE DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. If you look across the entire sports entertainment/pro wrestling landscape where much of what is shown on tv is superficial, and realize these are real people affected and surrounded by this business 24/7/365 you don't even shake your head at someone battling depression or anxiety. Shame on anyone even questioning the thought. Walk a mile in someone shoes who deal with a mental health issue for 24 hours, see if you survive. Until then, you will not be qualified to speak on it. Until then, shut up, and either wish the person well or don't comment at all.

Sincerest wishes to Jake Atlas who is one of the most talented guys to come along in some time. It's a shame ignorance and stupidity led to some of Jake's issues.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Lsg was in a match on dark elevation
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Alex zayne at the impact tapings
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:25 pm Alex zayne at the impact tapings
Glad to see guys now being able to work multiple companies. Zayne is a guy who could work Impact,MLW,ROH,GCW and Strong all within a month. Pretty awesome.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Expect an announcement soon about another female competitor signing a contract with ROH, as the company continues to bolster its women’s division.

ROH Women’s World Champion Rok-C, Miranda Alize and Max The Impaler have all signed new deals with ROH recently.

Ashley Vox is returning to ROH to compete on upcoming episodes of Women’s Division Wednesday on YouTube.

Vox, who was scheduled to participate in the original Quest for Gold tournament last year that ended up being canceled due to the pandemic, made two appearances in ROH in 2018.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Zayne/Rust vs Briscoes should be a fun tag.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I bet the signing is Trish Adora. She appeared at the Glory by Honor shows but I don't think it has aired yet.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

With Trish wouldn’t they do the same angle as with Shane Taylor, I.e. she’s signed to STP and that’s it.

I thought it would be one of the alternates that had a match the other day.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maria was hinting a something that you will see a snippet of that hopefully leads to something bigger scale for the woman division sounds like something to do with another company
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Very happy to se Adora signed, fantastic talent in so many ways. Now let’s get properly invested in the division give us matches, storylines we can all believe in.

Interesting to see what the promotion might be, considering the immense amount of talent that comes out of there I hope it’s Booker T’s promotion.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

It may be best to have Rok-C travel to different independent promotions to defend the title & promote the women's division. This may help bring independent talent into Ring Of Honor. This may leverage independent talent into the men's divisions as well.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/repo ... s-december
Another NXT contract is reportedly expiring soon.

According to Mike Johnson at PWInsider, Kyle O'Reilly's contract with NXT is reportedly expiring next month. An exact date was not given…

O'Reilly deal isn't the only NXT contract reportedly set to expire in December as Fightful recently reported that Johnny Gargano's deal is also up next month.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Man, if this ROH stuff wasn't going around, ROH would be the perfect fix for Kyle. He'll definitely got lost in the shuffle in AEW, even as a tag wrestler. But he could walk in as the top guy of ROH.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'd say that ROH potentially becoming a free agent super indy makes O'Reilly's turn likelier, as it opens the "forbidden door" for the company and he'll be jumping to AEW.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'd rather he just tag with Bobby FIsh in AEW, personally.

I don't think ROH is one to hold grudges; but i'd still be salty with how he won the title; and bolted days/weeks later. I think it's been the biggest mistake of his career; from a fan's perspective. He's had a successful NXT run; but never truly over, and more or less a side kick to Adam Cole. He could have cemented himself; better as a solo star; work on his character and mic skills in ROH, if he waited 6-12 months to go. Have a good championship run in ROH; and then go to NXT. (I'm sure he has a family and made the best decision for the at the time) But classic example; of someone not being ready and/or not the right fit for the job.

I guess if ROH isn't doing contracts; you can bring him back; but id push several guys over KOR right now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a bunch of wwe releases today...imagine guys like keith lee and biff busick in roh...damn.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

WWE has reportedly released the following:

Scarlett Bordeaux
Franky Monet
Ember Moon
Trey Baxter
Karrion Kross
Oney Lorcan
B-Fab
Jessi Kamea
Zayda Ramier
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado
Jeet Rama
Katrina Cortez
Nia Jax
Keith Lee
Harry Smith
Mia Yim
Eva Marie

These releases come after Sapp reported that several WWE stars have been informed of their releases.

As of writing, WWE has yet to officially confirm these releases. We will continue to provide updates on the situation.

To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

fuck wwe.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Sad they got released but man....Keith Lee is free. He's gonna kill it in AEW.