ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Way too much emotional investment towards ROH here. If SBG isn’t willing to invest into growing the brand, then you’re wasting your energy. The days of ROH being the destination is gone; it is now the one to be cherry-picked and left with the scraps that WWE, AEW, and NJPW, don’t have any strong interest in.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:10 am
Shanahan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:54 am
kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:43 am

He'd make an excellent Honor Rumble winner.
He'd win the rumble and AEW would have him in next wed to job to Cezar Bononi on dark & then Tony would come out like a teen girl,scream,jump up and down and offer him a contract.
Haha, taking the tweet at face value it doesn't sound like Jonah really wants to sign with anymore immediately.
He has 60 days to sign or it's bye bye
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

supersonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:39 am Way too much emotional investment towards ROH here. If SBG isn’t willing to invest into growing the brand, then you’re wasting your energy. The days of ROH being the destination is gone; it is now the one to be cherry-picked and left with the scraps that WWE, AEW, and NJPW, don’t have any strong interest in.
Yeah why even like the company and join message boards centralized around it right? lets just give up on it and watch WWE, NJPW or AEW right? How come you havent even done this?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

My primary contributions here about lapsed ROH. Feds like ROH, TNA, and NOAH just aren’t worth that much energy as 10-15 years ago.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:27 pm
supersonic wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:39 am Way too much emotional investment towards ROH here. If SBG isn’t willing to invest into growing the brand, then you’re wasting your energy. The days of ROH being the destination is gone; it is now the one to be cherry-picked and left with the scraps that WWE, AEW, and NJPW, don’t have any strong interest in.
Yeah why even like the company and join message boards centralized around it right? lets just give up on it and watch WWE, NJPW or AEW right? How come you havent even done this?
You can like or appreciate something without actually caring about the company. After all, every company is in for the money. Once they stop making money, they go out of business. We’re customers, nothing more, nothing less. You need a reality check if you think a business personally cares about you.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:56 pm
You can like or appreciate something without actually caring about the company. After all, every company is in for the money. Once they stop making money, they go out of business. We’re customers, nothing more, nothing less. You need a reality check if you think a business personally cares about you.
Who said ROH or any other company cares about us? I'm a life long Mets fan. I know they are gonna screw everything up but i still root for them. I guess we should all just like Yankees or Dodgers going forward.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Who said ROH or any other company cares about us? I'm a life long Mets fan. I know they are gonna screw everything up but i still root for them. I guess we should all just like Yankees or Dodgers going forward.
Is ROH a team though? They don’t play anybody else and their results are all pre-determined. Team sports is totally different
Montana

Post by Montana »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:05 pm
Shanahan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Is ROH a team though? They don’t play anybody else and their results are all pre-determined. Team sports is totally different
I see them quite similar. Both are businesses; trying to earn money. One is a game; the other is an event/show. Both should be building brand loyalty. You may not always like all the players/wrestlers ; but you may like the brand/team. Or vice versa. Seems pretty similar to me.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Stallion and Anthony greene made their aew dark debut
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to meltzer pco gave notice to roh that he won't be renewing his contract
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Bobby fish is heading to mlw
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Fantastic news on both fronts, time to invest in young wrestlers that can go.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:17 am Fantastic news on both fronts, time to invest in young wrestlers that can go.
I wouldn't mind fish in a backstage role because the more people that understand roh product the better
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:17 am Fantastic news on both fronts, time to invest in young wrestlers that can go.
I wouldn't mind fish in a backstage role because the more people that understand roh product the better
Not too bothered either way with regards to Fish, Hero is a far more valuable asset in general, someone like Shelley on the other hand would be far more beneficial.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 am
Not too bothered either way with regards to Fish, Hero is a far more valuable asset in general, someone like Shelley on the other hand would be far more beneficial.
I say give pco money to buddy murphy
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Happy trails to PCO. Not his fault and he seems like a good dude but he was the worst ROH World Champion by a lot. ROH was never the right fit for him.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 am
While waiting to enter the venue last night a guy was handing out fliers for upcoming events, including MLW on October 2nd. Bobby Fish and Alex Shelley were on the flier.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought the news on PCO was a bit surprising. He's always been a very proud ROH guy; but guess he felt his time was up. Think it's best for everyone too. ROH can focus on getting some younger talent in.

Kind of surprised Bobby Fish is going to MLW; but that's actually a good spot for him. I like it; and wouldn't mind ROH in some capacity.

I fully suspect the 2022 roster to look much different.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Jake atlas is taking a break from wrestling
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:20 pm Jake atlas is taking a break from wrestling
Some people just aren't cut out to be pro wrestlers. Hope he finds something that makes him happy.