ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm
SandsShifter wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 pm Zack Sabre Jr. is leaving EVOLVE. Think he comes in or is it simply because of more NJPW dates?
WHAT?!
He has left EVOLVE and has signed full time with NJPW. Maybe this opens the door to work in tours like Honor Rising, Global Wars or Honor United.
That's disappointing. The way NJPW books doesn't leave enough room at the top of the card for all of the guys capable of filling those spots.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm
WHAT?!
He has left EVOLVE and has signed full time with NJPW. Maybe this opens the door to work in tours like Honor Rising, Global Wars or Honor United.
That's disappointing. The way NJPW books doesn't leave enough room at the top of the card for all of the guys capable of filling those spots.
Suzuki is 49. He can't lead Suzuki-Gun forever. Sabre would be a fantastic successor.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Suzuki could move into a role similar to what Gedo has in Chaos. The boss but not the ace.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

njpw puts ZSJ over as f****, they made him a star,

he beats naito, sanada, ibushi and tanahashi

i hope he finally debuts for roh...uk tour would be the perfect time.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:06 pm njpw puts ZSJ over as f****, they made him a star,

he beats naito, sanada, ibushi and tanahashi

i hope he finally debuts for roh...uk tour would be the perfect time.
Yeah, this Saturday he is wrestling here in Spain for Madrid's White Wolf Wrestling promotion. I'll interview him and will try to ask him about the possibility of working ROH tours now that he's wrestling full-time with NJ.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Would be interesting. They could have him beat the technical guys in ROH. Do him vs Gresham, I think they had a series of matches in Beyond Wrestling that were really good. I'd honestly watch him in any singles match they could set up for him in ROH. And he's never really done any significant work with some of the ROH franchise guys. Would be cool to see him vs Daniels, vs Jay Lethal, vs Dalton Castle
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Zack Sabre Jr. about wrestling in ROH now that he isn't under contract with EVOLVE and it's a contracted wrestler in NJPW:
"I'm sure it's a possibilty. I'm sure about it. I wrestle for Revolution Pro and they have a connection with NJPW, CMLL and ROH.

I think it's a bit too soon (about wrestling in the Honor United tour). Specially, I would love to bring Suzuki-Gun to America (with ROH), I think Taichi would be very popular".
When I have the full interview up on my website, I can share it here if you want to.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Sabre in ROH would be cool
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 am Zack Sabre Jr. about wrestling in ROH now that he isn't under contract with EVOLVE and it's a contracted wrestler in NJPW:
"I'm sure it's a possibilty. I'm sure about it. I wrestle for Revolution Pro and they have a connection with NJPW, CMLL and ROH.

I think it's a bit too soon (about wrestling in the Honor United tour). Specially, I would love to bring Suzuki-Gun to America (with ROH), I think Taichi would be very popular".
When I have the full interview up on my website, I can share it here if you want to.
You bring Taichi over and you do it now.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 am Zack Sabre Jr. about wrestling in ROH now that he isn't under contract with EVOLVE and it's a contracted wrestler in NJPW:

Here you have the full interview:

- Text (spanish): https://www.solowrestling.com/new/70304 ... -new-japan

- Audio (english): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_3hJEDGnc
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:45 am

Here you have the full interview:

- Text (spanish): https://www.solowrestling.com/new/70304 ... -new-japan

- Audio (english): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_3hJEDGnc
Thank you for posting. I always enjoy your interviews. Keep up the good work.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

great interview, congrats alex.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thank you so much guys! This, I consider, is one of the best interviews I've done in the last year. Zack is a guy that doesn't do much interviews and he was very open and explained a lot of things. He even congratulated me after the interview because he liked the questions lol ahahah.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Not that anyone is expecting Low Ki to return at any point in the near future, IF EVER, but I think this scoop permanently slams the door shut on ANY potential chance of it. I firmly believe Paul London caused a similiar financial loss for ROH due to his antics in January 2014 (in his case, his excuse of him feeling unknowingly bait-and-switched from facing Strong to facing Alexander seemed a tad bit more empathetic, although not entirely when considering IWGP World Champion Styles was happy to face Alexander just several months later.)

I for one never plan to buy a ticket for any card that advertises Low Ki in a prominent match again.

https://twitter.com/Lauderdale11/status ... 5365391360
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Pepper Parks done with Impact.

I wouldn't mind seeing him working undercard matches if he can bring Cherry Bomb with him to ROH. If he can't bring her along then I'd pass.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Hes done work with ROH in the past. He just isn't a good in-ring wrestler. He's alright on the microphone and has a good look, but his positives don't go too far after that.

And Cherry Bomb has been exposed in TNA as being an extremely average female wrestler, especially by the standard in-which some of the women compete to today. Girls like Deonna, Karen Q and Tenille would run rings around her and she doesn't contribute the name Brandi Rhodes does and wouldn't work for cheap like a Stacy Shadows.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

supersonic wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:04 pm Not that anyone is expecting Low Ki to return at any point in the near future, IF EVER, but I think this scoop permanently slams the door shut on ANY potential chance of it. I firmly believe Paul London caused a similiar financial loss for ROH due to his antics in January 2014 (in his case, his excuse of him feeling unknowingly bait-and-switched from facing Strong to facing Alexander seemed a tad bit more empathetic, although not entirely when considering IWGP World Champion Styles was happy to face Alexander just several months later.)

I for one never plan to buy a ticket for any card that advertises Low Ki in a prominent match again.

And Ki tried justifying all of it. What a dickbag.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 am
supersonic wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:04 pm Not that anyone is expecting Low Ki to return at any point in the near future, IF EVER, but I think this scoop permanently slams the door shut on ANY potential chance of it. I firmly believe Paul London caused a similiar financial loss for ROH due to his antics in January 2014 (in his case, his excuse of him feeling unknowingly bait-and-switched from facing Strong to facing Alexander seemed a tad bit more empathetic, although not entirely when considering IWGP World Champion Styles was happy to face Alexander just several months later.)

And Ki tried justifying all of it. What a dickbag.
Once a year or so, Low Ki reminds us all that he truly is in it for himself only. This was taken to a whole new level by an absolute egomaniacal misanthrope. Fuck him.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

we need new tag teams
we need new tag teams
we need new tag teams.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:51 am Hes done work with ROH in the past. He just isn't a good in-ring wrestler. He's alright on the microphone and has a good look, but his positives don't go too far after that.

And Cherry Bomb has been exposed in TNA as being an extremely average female wrestler, especially by the standard in-which some of the women compete to today. Girls like Deonna, Karen Q and Tenille would run rings around her and she doesn't contribute the name Brandi Rhodes does and wouldn't work for cheap like a Stacy Shadows.
I don't think you and I have ever agreed on anything this much before. These are pretty much exactly my thoughts on Parks. He's a decent hand, he does not come across as an ROH-level talent.