ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impa ... ted-314166
Tessa Blanchard is no longer with Impact Wrestling and no longer holds the promotion's World Championship.

In a statement issued tonight, Impact announced that the promotion has terminated its relationship with Blanchard: "IMPACT Wrestling has confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the IMPACT Wrestling World Championship."

Blanchard had been set to defend the Impact World Championship against Michael Elgin, Eddie Edwards, Ace Austin, and Trey Miguel in a five-way match at Slammiversary on Saturday, July 18. Impact hasn't revealed what their plans are for that match now that Blanchard is no longer with the promotion.

Impact announced earlier this week that Elgin has been suspended "pending further review of allegations of misconduct."

Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Blanchard -- who is currently living in Mexico with her fiance Daga -- hasn't appeared at Impact's two recent sets of television tapings. She had been scheduled to defend her title against Elgin and Edwards in a triple threat match at Rebellion in April prior to that show being affected by the pandemic.

PWinsider reported on the reason for Impact terminating their relationship with Blanchard:

"Relations between Blanchard and Impact had become increasingly icy in recent weeks, especially after Blanchard did not send promos from Mexico (where she has been residing) for the 6/1 episode of Impact on AXS. That footage was slated to have been edited into a sit-down interview conducted by Josh Mathews 'via satellite.' When that material was not received, Impact had to re-edit the episode with other content and have host segments of the show changed and new voiceovers cut.

Impact sources cite that there were attempts made to get Blanchard to return and drop the title but that the two sides were not able to come to terms. Blanchard's deal was slated to expire before the PPV but Impact was hoping that she would return for a final appearance. When it became increasingly obvious that wasn't going to happen, Impact opted to cut bait and move forward."

Blanchard became Impact World Champion by defeating Sami Callihan at Hard to Kill in January. After tweeting "Hey women, try supporting one another. Cool things happen" on the day before that pay-per-view, she was accused of having previously bullied other wrestlers and of an incident where she spat in La Rosa Negra's face and called her the n-word while they were in Japan in 2017. Blanchard denied those allegations.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I’d be okay with Tessa being in ROH, but no inter gender stuff. She can be the WOH champ for 5 years.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Fightful said she is already gotten multiple offers and one of the offers is not aew so its possible if you believe his story that roh could be one of the people inrerested in her
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I can't see anyone signing Tessa right now. She had a history of being difficult to work with let alone being a known racist.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm sure there are two sides to this story as well... but Judging by what Impact has said, what a bad look for Tessa. Impact seemingly bent over backwards to promote her, and this is how she repays them. Can't record a fricking video?? Or did she just not want to job at the PPV? I'm sure theres more to this story.

Either way, I'm terms of ROH... if they are serious about rebuilding the women's division i'd certainly consider it. I wouldn't be offering a big contract, for someone with her history. I don't need/want any inter-gender stuff in ROH. I'll be fine if she goes elseway or goes away too. Seems like she would be a good fit for NXT/WWE.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It would be such a moronic decision to say they've done so much to create an inclusive locker room and then sign a woman who has been openly racist and seemingly unapologetic about it. If they do that plus let Marty stay, it would be an incredible moment all in the worst way.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/statu ... 38336?s=20
I've been told Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson to IMPACT Wrestling IS a done deal.

The pair will debut in July, either at Slammiversary or shortly after, in line with the terms of their WWE non-compete clause.

The deal allows the former WWE Tag Team Champions to work with NJPW.
7:34 PM · Jun 29, 2020·Twitter Web App
Fightful's Jeremy Lambert has acknowledged the news on the web site.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm good with Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows to Impact. I think that's good for Impact and good for them. Especially if they are bringing aces and eights back. I wouldn't mind them in NJPW. Don't think they are what ROH needs now. Glad to see Impact put up some potentially valuable Free Agents.

Bully Ray might not be far behind Anderson/Gallows. Which is probably best for Bully too, cause what else is left for him in ROH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If the female talent that is coming in stays and is allowed to build, and not have Mandy’s hands anywhere near it. The talent that is coming in is much improved overall and could really be something that ROH can grow and maybe, hopefully be proud of.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... _interest/

From this weeks Observer
Bully Ray’s contract expired and he wasn’t given an offer for a new deal because ROH isn’t offering people new deals right now. The company likes him but aside from Danhausen, because they build a storyline around it, nobody whose deals are up are getting new offers right now. There are expectations that once they start running things may change, including having interest in Alex Zayne, who had just started when the pandemic hit, and Tony Deppen
Montana

Post by Montana »

I gotta think ROH is done with Bully Ray. Overall, i don't hate him as much as others do... but i will say 2019 felt so stale with his story lines. I think at first he had some name value, and him and Cody actually helped introduce lots of new fans to ROH. That being said, there's nothing left for him to do in ROH now. The ideas and story lines he came up with didn't seem to really generate positive buzz. He's only good in the ring , in a limited role. It's probably best for everyone that they part ways.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:07 am I gotta think ROH is done with Bully Ray. Overall, i don't hate him as much as others do... but i will say 2019 felt so stale with his story lines. I think at first he had some name value, and him and Cody actually helped introduce lots of new fans to ROH. That being said, there's nothing left for him to do in ROH now. The ideas and story lines he came up with didn't seem to really generate positive buzz. He's only good in the ring , in a limited role. It's probably best for everyone that they part ways.
As someone who watches ROH and IMPACT, I'd rather see him in IMPACT. Bully feels like he has done the same story 2 or 3 times now in ROH and that's probably about 2 too many times for me. Bringing him back for an Aces and 8's reboot may at least be interesting in the short term.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Impact is saying “at least 1 former champion” is going to Slammiversary. By the wording, I would expect 2 or more. Bully could be one of them.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

evolve is history...i want jd drake in roh.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WON: Bully Ray’s contract expired and he wasn’t given an offer for a new deal because ROH isn’t offering people new deals right now.

The company likes him but aside from Danhausen, because they build a storyline around it, nobody whose deals are up are getting new offers right now.

There are expectations that once they start running things may change, including having interest in Alex Zayne, who had just started when the pandemic hit, and Tony Deppen
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Ian tweeted that the "roh isn't offering people new deals" report is false.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm Ian tweeted that the "roh isn't offering people new deals" report is false.
That's what i was thinking, cause they resigned Flip Gordon and Bobby Cruise, during the pandemic. There's just nothing Bully does for ROH, or ROH does for Bully.

I'm fine with Bully Ray and Impact. Realistically it's the best fit for everyone.

I'm 100% on board with JD Drake if WWE doesn't snatch him up. I'd consider Davey Vega and Mat Fitchett , Curt Stallion & Harlem Bravado too, although not sure how many more roster spots are really needed. I assume Josh Briggs, Leon Ruff, Adrian alanis, Brandi Lauren and maybe Anthony Greene go to NXT/developmental. Not sure about AR FOX.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:33 pm Ian tweeted that the "roh isn't offering people new deals" report is false.
Yeah, I'm not involved in any signings, etc. but I did a double take. There have been a handful of people signed/extended very publicly during the pandemic.
Last edited by IanRiccaboni on Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thanks ian, glad to hear that..cant wait to see you guys back.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:12 pm thanks ian, glad to hear that..cant wait to see you guys back.
Thank you! Can't wait to be back although with cases spiking this is the right call.

The no new contracts thing is frustrating for a handful of reasons. Publishing something like that without doing bona-fide research, or even a cursory check or the company's Twitter or Facebook, is just inaccurate.

If that was told to someone whose deal was up recently and just passed along to Dave, I wish they would have been connected enough to know that these extensions and new contracts were being offered.

But the implications of no new contracts ahead of the largest free agent class in a long time smacks of some DMs that I was asked to confirm:

-A single party associated with another organization was claiming ROH wasn't doing new contracts/couldn't afford certain people.

- This was likely to sway people their way before they even talked to us.

- The word should be out on this party from a different organization but it isn't. I'm motivated to help where I can make ROH better but get frustrated to all heck when it feels like people punch down on us.

This isn't some deep state stuff - this is anti-worker behavior beyond gamesmanship in an effort to save thousands of dollars at most to deprive talent of money by publicly floating to the main trade paper, again, that a bidder is out of contention. It happened to MLW recently, as well.