ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Lee Moriarty aew bound.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh better sign the talent their bringing in this weekend
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Offering Lee a contract a week after he's announced for ROH and 4 days before he wrestles on their PPV is kind of Vince move. He could of signed Lee for last month or so.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 pm Offering Lee a contract a week after he's announced for ROH and 4 days before he wrestles on their PPV is kind of Vince move. He could of signed Lee for last month or so.
Well said. Like AEW needs more wrestlers after signing punk, DB , Adam Cole within the last month.

So much for that… future of pure division for Lee. At this point, I’d be tempted to just pull Lee from the match. I’m guessing he will take the pin if he stays. Someone like Fred Yehi would be a better fit at this point in that role.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:48 pm
Shanahan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:50 pm Offering Lee a contract a week after he's announced for ROH and 4 days before he wrestles on their PPV is kind of Vince move. He could of signed Lee for last month or so.
Well said. Like AEW needs more wrestlers after signing punk, DB , Adam Cole within the last month.

So much for that… future of pure division for Lee. At this point, I’d be tempted to just pull Lee from the match. I’m guessing he will take the pin if he stays. Someone like Fred Yehi would be a better fit at this point in that role.
It totally kills the match. This just goes to show the people who want ROH to work with AEW. Why? So they can do shit like this? Khan knows about ROH bringing him in. He's like us..a wrestling nerd. So announcing this like it was a last minute thing is total bullshit (it wasn't). If i was ROH i'd take him off the card. Put in Yehi, like Montana said. Let's reward loyalty and fuck the forbidden door.

I'm happy for Lee. Fantastic wrestler and i will enjoy his AEW tenure but i'm still pissed.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You don't replace Moriarty. You pin him. He's already advertised and this way nobody they're actually going to continue to use has to eat a pin. It sucks but that's the best way to handle the situation.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

If they can somehow get him to do a tv taping have him get pinned by Cheeseburger in 3 minutes
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Yeah, sad but true, replace the guy.. very shit move by aew.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:03 pm You don't replace Moriarty. You pin him. He's already advertised and this way nobody they're actually going to continue to use has to eat a pin. It sucks but that's the best way to handle the situation.
I felt that way as first; but they are building up this trio as the past, present and future of pure wrestling. You could easily put Lee Moriarty in another match; maybe in the pre-show; and throw Yehi in as the future.

Keeping him in the trio and just pinning him is OK; but that would stop any story line progression. I guess you could have violence unlimited take him out after the match too and someone like Yehi/others run them off. Guess it really depends where they want to go with this storyline.

AEW has been worse than WWE these last few years, for ROH talent. Seems like most anyone ROH has their sights on; WWE and AEW are waiting.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Its shit like this that makes sick of being a wrestling fan. This announcement ruined my day. yes i know its pathetic.

ROH needs to get their shit together. You know i gave AEW a chance over the past month and i m hardly that impressed to keep watching.

im so fuckin aggravated
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

You can't blame Lee Moriarty for taking the deal. You can't blame ROH for not signing him already. The roster is already huge, too much talent for the amount of TV time they have. I certainly hope AEW allows Lee to honor any future bookings, as that is the right thing to do.

Now about the match on Sunday, either Walter's or Moriarty were taking the pin anyway. This just made the decision a little easier.

WWE and AEW are never going to stop signing talent. Their rosters will never be full. The next level companies like Impact, ROH and MLW have to find guys who need more development and a chance to grow in front of a TV audience. I have tons of thoughts on this but I don't think anyone wants to read what would feel like 10 more pages just on one post. Long story short, hot indy names are going to get snapped up by the big two. Create your own hot talent. Find the talent before they are hot.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

I ve been watching ROH since 2006 and i know this is part of the game. It doesnt make it less aggravating. Wwe have been scooping up too many indy talents over the last few years. To see AEW following that trend is really annoying as it doesnt help the indies at all. Both companies need to let the independent scene breathe
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Taylor Rust vs. Jake Atlas could be decent. But wasn't he Rust Taylor before signing with NXT? But now Taylor Rust? Very odd.

Also I guess Ryan Nova (er.. Mooney) is now gone again?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, WWE used to pick the top 2-3 talents every year or two; but now that AEW is legit competition; they both have been in a non-stop signing spree. Like WWE signing guys like Jake Atlas/Tyler Rust/Zayne / Austin Greene/ all the Evolve guys; knowing full well; most wouldn't make it far with the company. AEW has been snatching up anyone and everyone not locked down. Both companies have WAY more talent that their 7 hours of TV for WWE and 3 hours of TV and 3 hours of YT can handle. I don't see the point of AEW signing guys like WHeeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty; when you are signing talent like Adam Cole, CM Punk, Danielson.... other than keeping them away from the competition. If AEW had a developmental part of the company; i could see the value; but as is; they are just joining the pack. Like Wheeler Yuta; yes he's in best friends; and wrestling; BUT he's more or less; just kind of there. Where as, if it's ROH/MLW/Impact; they could showcase him talents a bit more; so he's ready for a bigger role in WWE/AEW at the end of the day.

I look at someone like Kyle O Reily; as the perfect example of plucking/signing someone too early. Yes, Kyle is really good in the ring; BUT he didn't really build his legacy in ROH before leaving. He finally got to win the belt; and basically dropped it immediately. I don't have a crystal ball; but i say he had resigned with ROH for another 12 months; defend the belt; put someone over; he would have meant more to NXT. NOW; WWE is stuck with Kyle as someone the fans don't fully accept; he's beaten Adam Cole; and sent him packing; and what are you going to do with Kyle O Reily; with your "New" NXT; that you want athlete's and other large competitors. While he may have had his biggest win ever in NXT; he's heading no where.

AEW has been great for the wrestlers; given them a good work environment; worklife balance; but at the same time it's hurting the lesser promotions. I guess it will be interesting to see who else jumps ship between AEW & WWE. Time will tell.

Kovs had a good point about finding and developing talent; which is the whole point to the ROH dojo. ROH needs a way to get talent to stand out from the dojo pack. Like the Mecca project; has worked in my opinion. However; someone like Joe Keys; it's failed in a sense. Historically there have been probably a lot more fails than wins. I'm not going to list all the students; over the years; but if your going to commit to a dojo; commit to it; and have a plan. Dont just have 8 random guys debut randomly in matches; with no fans. Top prospect tournament is a really good way, BUT you have to follow up with some talent. Someone like Dante Caballero... seemed like he had the look; could talk; then they stripped that away; and gave him black trunks; and did do anything with it. It's backwards. At least Ken Dixon is in with the bouncers.

Sorry for the rant. I was bummed about Lee Moriarty as well.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that Max The Impaler has signed with the company.

You know who probably isn’t pleased that Max has signed with ROH? The rest of the women’s division roster.

The monstrous Max has been a dominant force in the division since debuting several months ago.

Max has competed in six matches in ROH, and the lone blemish is a loss by disqualification to Angelina Love in the quarterfinals of the ROH Women’s World Title Tournament.

Max debuted in pro wrestling in 2018 and held several regional titles before coming to ROH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

ROH basically needs to look at how it handled the booking and development of younger, less well known women’s talent. Regardless of the names it’s been of the biggest hits for them in a while (on a consistent basis anyway). If ROH can the get make versions of Rok-C, Adora, Max, etc then will have started a real build again.

Overall we all know that ROH has been really late on targeting fresher talent and it’s something I’ve said more than enough about. With that said it’s now about getting the next Moriarty, the next Garcia, Deppen etc that are just starting build there names but have a lot to give. It isn’t hard as the talent is out there, it’s up to ROH to really cut some dead wood and get some fresh young talent.

Also the way AEW is going they are going to stop as creating that feel good factor is now a must for them and signings achieve that. That are certainly picking up the right talent and everything so far is rosey but there will come a time like NXT where the talent aren’t getting the time they need.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:05 am i need this guy in roh

https://twitter.com/JONAHISHERE/status/ ... 3731445767
He'd make an excellent Honor Rumble winner.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:43 am

He'd win the rumble and AEW would have him in next wed to job to Cezar Bononi on dark & then Tony would come out like a teen girl,scream,jump up and down and offer him a contract.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:54 am
kovs27 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:43 am

He'd win the rumble and AEW would have him in next wed to job to Cezar Bononi on dark & then Tony would come out like a teen girl,scream,jump up and down and offer him a contract.
Haha, taking the tweet at face value it doesn't sound like Jonah really wants to sign with anymore immediately.