ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

Has Fish actually been accused of any wrongdoing like Aries or is he just a giant idiot like Flip?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Bobby Fish being a political nut job is something I've never known about
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

personally i dont care if wrestlers are Qanon followers. I care about their wrestling. Bring Fish back!!!!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:54 pm Has Fish actually been accused of any wrongdoing like Aries or is he just a giant idiot like Flip?
I have seen random twitter people going "Fish is Q crazy" but i have seen nothing to suggest he's Drake 2.0. So i'm gonna assume Bobby is a Republican and this just normal "you don't believe what i believe so you are automatically worse than Hitler". They did this shit to Brian Cage because Melissa Santos is a Trump Supporter. Who really cares tho? Fish was well liked backstage.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I'm not watching WWE. Is Bobby Fish in a good shape? I'm not saying that age is a major factor but he'll turn 45 this year. If I'm correct, only PCO is older in the current ROH roster.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

KL_ wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:19 pm I'm not watching WWE. Is Bobby Fish in a good shape? I'm not saying that age is a major factor but he'll turn 45 this year. If I'm correct, only PCO is older in the current ROH roster.
Oldest ROH roster members (40+):
PCO - 53
Sumie Sakai - 49
Doug Williams - 48 (still in UK COVID limbo)
Homicide - 44
Caprice Coleman - 44 (god damn he's in great shape for 44)
Beer City Bruiser - 43
Silas Young - 41
Delirious - 40
Kenny King - 40
PJ Black - 40

Chris Hero is 41 if he decides to get back in the ring.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Guys like Rhett Titus, the Briscoes, Jay Lethal, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Dalton Castle, and Vincent are all still in their mid 30s (Rhett is only 33!). Seems like they've been around forever and a day.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:24 pm personally i dont care if wrestlers are Qanon followers. I care about their wrestling. Bring Fish back!!!!
Same, but just a sampling from this board and there’s quite a few SJWs on here. Here’s some “reasons” to dislike wrestlers now:

“Super gross” for unvaxxed wrestlers to spit on each other. Totally acceptable for 2 vaxxed wrestlers to do it though.

Can not be charged or convicted with sex/assault crimes, but are guilty from Twitter posts.

Can not be a fan of Trump, only Biden/Obama.

Doing cocaine is cool and acceptable, but only if you’re praised by that person after they have made “amends” for their past. Can’t be anti-vax though.

Silly to think your favorite wrestlers or personal buddies have never taken advantage of young fans. Only Marty Scurll and David Lagana. As noted above, no charges or convictions necessary!

Must be a fan of all wrestlers. Whether they’re gay, transgender, or a woman. If you do not like any of those 3 categories, you’re not “open minded” and a “hater”.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 am
indyfan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:24 pm personally i dont care if wrestlers are Qanon followers. I care about their wrestling. Bring Fish back!!!!
Same, but just a sampling from this board and there’s quite a few SJWs on here. Here’s some “reasons” to dislike wrestlers now:

“Super gross” for unvaxxed wrestlers to spit on each other. Totally acceptable for 2 vaxxed wrestlers to do it though.

Can not be charged or convicted with sex/assault crimes, but are guilty from Twitter posts.

Doing cocaine is cool and acceptable, but only if you’re praised by that person after they have made “amends” for their past. Can’t be anti-vax though.

Silly to think your favorite wrestlers or personal buddies have never taken advantage of young fans. Only Marty Scurll and David Lagana. As noted above, no charges or convictions necessary!

Must be a fan of all wrestlers. Whether they’re gay, transgender, or a woman. If you do not like any of those 3 categories, you’re not “open minded” and a “hater”.
I'll address you both at once since I think your views align.

1. Spitting is gross, whether you have covid or don't have covid. That's a trope that's got to go.

2. Believe women until they're proven to be wrong. If we are speaking specifically of Scurll & Maff, the company was not going to fire both if there was not truth to the stories. The Joey Ryan stuff, I can personally vouch as fact knowing parties involved and seeing messages he sent that were incredibly far across the line.

3. Donald Trump is a racist and financial con man, I voted for Biden because he was not Trump. Not a democrat either, so don't bother even throwing that topic up. Policy over party.

4. Doing cocaine is illegal, and possessing cocaine is illegal so uh, not sure what this relates to. There was a time where it was common place to do that, but that does not mean it is acceptable.

5. You're repeating your self on the whole young fans thing. Age of the person being taken advantage of is troublesome, but it's the notion of that person being forced into something against their will, without their choice.

6. Wrestling is infinite, if you enjoy the work of say Bandido, but don't enjoy Jon Gresham, I'm going to have some concerns. If you don't like the work of Effy, because it's too much gaga for you, that's fine too. There's nothing about who you enjoy that should be a problem for someone else. If you don't enjoy someone's work and can't explain why, that's where an issue comes from. This is something we talk about on An Honorable Mention literally every week.

7. Bobby Fish's politics aren't the issue, if he chooses to be against the science behind the vaccine he's endangering me, my elderly parents, and grandparents, my friends, and strangers alike, not to mention himself. That's not the lead problem with him, supporting noted whacko Drake Younger is. Supporting conspiracy theories that target the mentally ill, disenfranchised, and uninformed makes him unhealthy for the brand of Ring of Honor which is fortunate enough to have gotten past their parent company directing the news on how to inform the public of facts surrounding Donald Trump.

This is not a political topic, this is a wrestling topic. If ROH wants to use someone that openly denies science, supports conspiracy theories and also happens to be 45 and physically spent that harms the brand, and harms the culture of a very progressive locker room, with people who were afflicted with covid-19, some far worse than others. It sends the message you're ok with bringing a person in who has a problem with foreigners like a Rush or Dragon Lee who ROH is spending a fortune on. Same goes for people like Mark Haskins or Slex who are stuck in the UK because of covid-19 deniers and downplayers like Bob Fish.

That's my stance, you're welcome to have yours no matter how well under informed and offensive that it may be.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:28 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:54 pm Has Fish actually been accused of any wrongdoing like Aries or is he just a giant idiot like Flip?
I have seen random twitter people going "Fish is Q crazy" but i have seen nothing to suggest he's Drake 2.0. So i'm gonna assume Bobby is a Republican and this just normal "you don't believe what i believe so you are automatically worse than Hitler". They did this shit to Brian Cage because Melissa Santos is a Trump Supporter. Who really cares tho? Fish was well liked backstage.
I don't follow him on instagram, but he did have a lot of save the children nonsense and videos appearing at these whacko rallies Drake shows up at. Brian Cage was a covid denier, and the fact his wife is a Mexican-American and supports Donald Trump doesn't mean she should be harassed, but she should definitely be checked for being of sound mind. As I said in the other post, policy over party, I've voted for republicans & democrats, I'll continue to do that when we move away from the false narrative party that the majority of the republican party has turned into.
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:22 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 am

6. Wrestling is infinite, if you enjoy the work of say Bandido, but don't enjoy Jon Gresham, I'm going to have some concerns. If you don't like the work of Effy, because it's too much gaga for you, that's fine too. There's nothing about who you enjoy that should be a problem for someone else. If you don't enjoy someone's work and can't explain why, that's where an issue comes from. This is something we talk about on An Honorable Mention literally every week.

7. Bobby Fish's politics aren't the issue, if he chooses to be against the science behind the vaccine he's endangering me, my elderly parents, and grandparents, my friends, and strangers alike, not to mention himself. That's not the lead problem with him, supporting noted whacko Drake Younger is. Supporting conspiracy theories that target the mentally ill, disenfranchised, and uninformed makes him unhealthy for the brand of Ring of Honor which is fortunate enough to have gotten past their parent company directing the news on how to inform the public of facts surrounding Donald Trump.

This is not a political topic, this is a wrestling topic. If ROH wants to use someone that openly denies science, supports conspiracy theories and also happens to be 45 and physically spent that harms the brand, and harms the culture of a very progressive locker room, with people who were afflicted with covid-19, some far worse than others. It sends the message you're ok with bringing a person in who has a problem with foreigners like a Rush or Dragon Lee who ROH is spending a fortune on. Same goes for people like Mark Haskins or Slex who are stuck in the UK because of covid-19 deniers and downplayers like Bob Fish.

That's my stance, you're welcome to have yours no matter how well under informed and offensive that it may be.
Number 6 is why you’re a social justice warrior. You can 100% like Bandido and not like Jon Gresham for any reason you want. You don’t have to like them both, and you don’t need a reason why. You can like or dislike anyone you want to. No matter how petty or whatever. Do you even read some of the stuff you type? You probably disliked a bunch of people in your high school and that’s fine. And guess what? It’s okay to dislike someone of another race. If it’s because of their race, that’s your opinion and if you treat them normally, what’s the issue? You have some concerns if you dislike Gresham, what a joke!

Fish is endangering the health of your family? What a crock! 99.9% of people live after getting COVID. He’s not endangering anything. If you’re that afraid, stay home 24/7 and never drive in a car, especially late in the night. You sound like a big wuss, afraid of an overblown flu. I had it in December and am perfectly fine. The flu can kill you too, so can drinking a shit load of beer.

The only science that COVID has proven is that “they” keep changing the rules. The doctors don’t even know how successful masks are. We can cram into an airplane just fine, but not have 5,000 in an arena, oh unless it’s outdoors. Then being around 90,000 people is fine. As long as everyone washes their hands.

I’m not saying COViD is fake or calling it the “Kung flu”, but it’s nothing to be afraid of for 99% of people. You should not be forced to take any vaccine, ever. It’s personal choice.
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:55 pm
Number 6 is why you’re a social justice warrior. You can 100% like Bandido and not like Jon Gresham for any reason you want. You don’t have to like them both, and you don’t need a reason why. You can like or dislike anyone you want to. No matter how petty or whatever. Do you even read some of the stuff you type? You probably disliked a bunch of people in your high school and that’s fine. And guess what? It’s okay to dislike someone of another race. If it’s because of their race, that’s your opinion and if you treat them normally, what’s the issue? You have some concerns if you dislike Gresham, what a joke!
I was referring to the wrestling styles of Bandido and Jon Gresham but I see where your head is at and it's rather alarming. I'm strictly referring to Gresham's wrestling ability and not the color of his skin, but ya know I think we can always sniff out a racist take. I went to a massive a high school with a graduating class just north of 1000 people. I knew maybe half of them, and to be honest I got along with everyone I had enough contact with to decipher, outside of the Hitler youths who chose to assault me for being raised Jewish. Our high school was a wonderful melting pot of cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. Even the kids who didn't make it, due to their criminal activities treated me kindly, even if I did not agree nor support their choices in behavior.
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:55 pm Fish is endangering the health of your family? What a crock! 99.9% of people live after getting COVID. He’s not endangering anything. If you’re that afraid, stay home 24/7 and never drive in a car, especially late in the night. You sound like a big wuss, afraid of an overblown flu. I had it in December and am perfectly fine. The flu can kill you too, so can drinking a shit load of beer.
So here's where we'll let science do the talking, one person can cause the spread of covid. That person infects 3 people, those 3 people go home to their family and 1 meets with Grandma, Grandma gets covid and dies. One death is too many. He's absolutely a public health danger and thus, a problem. Nobody is talking about fear, I happen to have been fortunate to not get covid and I'd tend to prefer we keep it that way. I drive a lot for both of my jobs and I drive defensively. Covid is far different than an overblown flu but you already had that ignorant thought in your head long before you continued to ignore the science and medical experts telling you otherwise. The flu can kill someone like me, you're right. I have a damaged immune system, from a significant battle with bacterial infections when I was 13. Bad enough to the point I had to be re-immunized with my childhood vaccines because the 90 days of treatment I got wiped my immune system of everything it had built up. I nearly died, spending 5 days in the ICU and barely escaping the recovery room post surgery. So yeah, I'm gonna trust the science here.
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:55 pm The only science that COVID has proven is that “they” keep changing the rules. The doctors don’t even know how successful masks are. We can cram into an airplane just fine, but not have 5,000 in an arena, oh unless it’s outdoors. Then being around 90,000 people is fine. As long as everyone washes their hands.

I’m not saying COViD is fake or calling it the “Kung flu”, but it’s nothing to be afraid of for 99% of people. You should not be forced to take any vaccine, ever. It’s personal choice.
This whole set of words makes zero sense and you clearly are the part of the population who isn't going to have respect for anyone but yourself.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense, as it appears to be on your level. Oh and when you're born you're given vaccines and required to receive certain vaccines to attend school, so yeah personal choice is not relevant and mass public health is.
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:25 pm
I was referring to the wrestling styles of Bandido and Jon Gresham but I see where your head is at and it's rather alarming. I'm strictly referring to Gresham's wrestling ability and not the color of his skin, but ya know I think we can always sniff out a racist take. I went to a massive a high school with a graduating class just north of 1000 people. I knew maybe half of them, and to be honest I got along with everyone I had enough contact with to decipher, outside of the Hitler youths who chose to assault me for being raised Jewish. Our high school was a wonderful melting pot of cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. Even the kids who didn't make it, due to their criminal activities treated me kindly, even if I did not agree nor support their choices in behavior.
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:55 pm Fish is endangering the health of your family? What a crock! 99.9% of people live after getting COVID. He’s not endangering anything. If you’re that afraid, stay home 24/7 and never drive in a car, especially late in the night. You sound like a big wuss, afraid of an overblown flu. I had it in December and am perfectly fine. The flu can kill you too, so can drinking a shit load of beer.
So here's where we'll let science do the talking, one person can cause the spread of covid. That person infects 3 people, those 3 people go home to their family and 1 meets with Grandma, Grandma gets covid and dies. One death is too many. He's absolutely a public health danger and thus, a problem. Nobody is talking about fear, I happen to have been fortunate to not get covid and I'd tend to prefer we keep it that way. I drive a lot for both of my jobs and I drive defensively. Covid is far different than an overblown flu but you already had that ignorant thought in your head long before you continued to ignore the science and medical experts telling you otherwise. The flu can kill someone like me, you're right. I have a damaged immune system, from a significant battle with bacterial infections when I was 13. Bad enough to the point I had to be re-immunized with my childhood vaccines because the 90 days of treatment I got wiped my immune system of everything it had built up. I nearly died, spending 5 days in the ICU and barely escaping the recovery room post surgery. So yeah, I'm gonna trust the science here.
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:55 pm The only science that COVID has proven is that “they” keep changing the rules. The doctors don’t even know how successful masks are. We can cram into an airplane just fine, but not have 5,000 in an arena, oh unless it’s outdoors. Then being around 90,000 people is fine. As long as everyone washes their hands.

This whole set of words makes zero sense and you clearly are the part of the population who isn't going to have respect for anyone but yourself.

Hopefully this makes a little more sense, as it appears to be on your level. Oh and when you're born you're given vaccines and required to receive certain vaccines to attend school, so yeah personal choice is not relevant and mass public health is.
Doesn’t matter if it’s wrestling styles or anything about them. You can dislike anyone for any reason. Unless you’re a boss and denying people based on color, there’s nothing wrong with disliking someone.

When you’re born, you are forced to do a lot of things growing up. Taking vaccines, eating the cooking made for you, practicing the religion your parents forced upon you, wearing the clothes they bought for you…. As an adult, you get to choose what you do and don’t do. You can wear whatever clothes you like, drink whatever you want, and take any and all vaccines you want. That’s the difference. Not to mention, all those vaccines they give to babies, have decades and decades of proven benefits. The Covid vaccine has less than a year?? And again, you didn’t have a choice to get those vaccines. Your parents made it for you.

It’s not your decision to put upon another adult. You should respect that. Whether you agree with it or not.

You post some dumb meme, but again ignore the fact that we can fly on an airplane and attend a game with 90,000 people, but can’t sit in a full restaurant or attend school like normal. And they keep changing what we should or shouldn’t do. Cramming 150 in an airplane is fine, but having 3 full rows at UMBC arena isn’t. It’s senseless.

Bobby Fish can believe whatever he wants, as can you. That’s your choice as an adult.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

How is Bobby being suspicious of vaccine endangering your family? Get your family vaccinated and you’ll be fine. Unless you don’t trust the science.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Doesn’t matter if it’s wrestling styles or anything about them. You can dislike anyone for any reason. Unless you’re a boss and denying people based on color, there’s nothing wrong with disliking someone.

When you’re born, you are forced to do a lot of things growing up. Taking vaccines, eating the cooking made for you, practicing the religion your parents forced upon you, wearing the clothes they bought for you…. As an adult, you get to choose what you do and don’t do. You can wear whatever clothes you like, drink whatever you want, and take any and all vaccines you want. That’s the difference. Not to mention, all those vaccines they give to babies, have decades and decades of proven benefits. The Covid vaccine has less than a year?? And again, you didn’t have a choice to get those vaccines. Your parents made it for you.

It’s not your decision to put upon another adult. You should respect that. Whether you agree with it or not.

You post some dumb meme, but again ignore the fact that we can fly on an airplane and attend a game with 90,000 people, but can’t sit in a full restaurant or attend school like normal. And they keep changing what we should or shouldn’t do. Cramming 150 in an airplane is fine, but having 3 full rows at UMBC arena isn’t. It’s senseless.

Bobby Fish can believe whatever he wants, as can you. That’s your choice as an adult.
My favorite is when you have to wear a mask when you walk to your seat in restaurant but you can take it off at the table because some how the virus can’t find you when you’re sitting.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:02 am

My favorite is when you have to wear a mask when you walk to your seat in restaurant but you can take it off at the table because some how the virus can’t find you when you’re sitting.
Yeap! It’s science though man! Gotta protect AHM’s grandparents! The virus is so smart, you can’t get it waiting in line at Giants Stadium for a hot dog, but can while walking into Applebee’s. All because of a roof. 90,000 people using the same bathrooms and ATMs is just fine.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

When it comes to public health crisis, the actual experts on it, such as ICU nurses and epidemiologists, are the adults in the room. Everyone else is a child. Some children in the room grasp that, and some do not. Period.

Once the FDA approval arrives, the excuses will become even more inexcusable, as it’ll be the green light for businesses to finally take a stand en masse and no longer tolerate those who choose not to pull their fair share of the weight in combating this crisis that is causing many cities to run out of ICU resources.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

supersonic wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:40 am When it comes to public health crisis, the actual experts on it, such as ICU nurses and epidemiologists, are the adults in the room. Everyone else is a child. Some children in the room grasp that, and some do not. Period.

Once the FDA approval arrives, the excuses will become even more inexcusable, as it’ll be the green light for businesses to finally take a stand en masse and no longer tolerate those who choose not to pull their fair share of the weight in combating this crisis that is causing many cities to run out of ICU resources.
You cannot force adults to take a vaccine. Period. Those that do not want to, will not. Those that do want to take it, will or already have.
AnHonorableMention

You can dislike someone if you can justify it with logic and sound reasoning. If you say I don't like so and so because I don't, than you'd be a fool, which isn't a stretch based on your covid logic.

The federal government made that decision for you on vaccines, not your parents. The MRNA vaccines have been worked on for 2 decades, stop whining about it. I don't respect people who aren't vaccinated because the non-vaccinated folks are putting me, and everyone else at risk. If you liked lockdowns and businesses closing, by all means continue to roam around unvaccinated. One less of you, is better for the rest of us.

An airplane is actually a safer place to be than an open arena or a closed arena because of the way the air is circulated. Having flown recently, and done enough research including talking to an FAA engineer I'll trust the factual evidence and research. If you're not smart enough to understand how the virus is transmitted, that's fine. You are part of group that should be blamed for the continued spread of covid. Thanks for killing people's loved ones.

Bobby Fish is not allowed to believe some conspiracy theory that has been proven to be made up. He's an idiot, and you have done a tremendous job proving that you can't fix the mentally broken.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:59 am How is Bobby being suspicious of vaccine endangering your family? Get your family vaccinated and you’ll be fine. Unless you don’t trust the science.
Not taking the vaccine enables variants to continue to mutate and eventually get around vaccines. My grandparents in particular one a cancer survivor 3x over(in different places, liver, kidney, & skin) and the other with dementia to the point during covid 2 times were police called to locate a missing elderly person and my father being a diabetic have compromised immune systems. This makes them far more susceptible to the virus getting around the vaccine as it continues to mutate.

As far as restauants go, there's a proven distance droplets can travel, if you're in a booth maskless, your condensed. Going to a table, you're mobile and if you have a mask off those droplets can spread to more places. Common sense here.
Captain Podcast