ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Per Sapp, Meltzer, and Johnson, WWE has cut Fandango, Ever-Rise, Tony Nese, and Ariya Daivari.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well Fandango definitely sucks. Daivari and Nese are okay. Not familiar with the others.

Surprised Daivari got axed since his brother just signed a new deal to work backstage there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

August Grey and Tyler Breeze released too
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:16 pm August Grey and Tyler Breeze released too
Do you think roh will pick up any of the talent released this year
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I have no idea. I don't have any sources, I speculate based on what I see.

None of these guys seems super vital but it wouldn't be shocking to see a guy like Nese or Daivari.

Elias released too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Elias may not have actually been released, I've only seen that one on a comments section.

But the Singh Brothers, Curt Stallion, Marina Shafir, and Arturo Ruas have been released
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The current list of cuts that keeps growing as the day goes on: Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Tony Nese, Ariya Daivari, August Grey, Ever-Rise (Chase Parker and Matt Martel), Curt Stallion, the Bollywood Boyz (Sunil and Samir Singh), Arturo Ruas, and Marina Shafir.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Add Killian Dain
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Curt Stallion was very good in his roh matches.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:17 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:16 pm August Grey and Tyler Breeze released too
Do you think roh will pick up any of the talent released this year
Why? So they can be on TV once every 2 months?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I wouldn't mind Curt & Green.

Nese needs to go to AEW & join The Wingmen.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

ROH Tag Division:
Rhett & Hot Sauce (Once they lose the belts, back to singles for both)
Briscoes
Kingdoms
Moses & Kaun
Bouncers
Vincent's group of dorks

This is a chance to build your tag division with 3.0 & Fashion Police, I'd also grab with post haste Curt Stallion, Tony Nese & Anthony Greene. So I'm sure Joe Koff will keep his check booked locked and these guys will find the indies to be plentiful.
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm ROH Tag Division:
Briscoes
Kingdoms
Moses & Kaun
Bouncers
Vincent's group of dorks

This is a chance to build your tag division with 3.0 & Fashion Police, I'd also grab with post haste Curt Stallion, Tony Nese & Anthony Greene. So I'm sure Joe Koff will keep his check booked locked and these guys will find the indies to be plentiful.
If you can’t even put your 6 man tag champs on TV on a regular basis, then you don’t need to sign more “marginal” talents.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think the content output issues are pretty much solved in the short term. In the long term they still need a weekly two hour A show. But in the short term we're getting the Honor Club touring shows back, we're getting matches on Week by Week consistently, we're getting Women's Division Wednesdays, we're getting exclusive webmatches on top of that, and we've got the weekly one hour show.

But that doesn't mean they can just go out and sign half a dozen dudes. Remember that they're still waiting to get Doug Williams, Joe Hendry, Slex, Adam Brooks, Kellyanne, Session Moth Martina, Vicky Haskins, Maria Manic, and Mark Haskins back. And, as has been pointed out above, we need more time for the six man division. The Bouncers, Primal Fear, Shane Taylor Promotions, some combinations of the three main stables in trios matches, and not only in titles matches. Actual contender matches to establish rankings there too.

If they can get a guy like Chris Hero or Curt Stallion back, do it. If they can get any notable names for the women's division, do it. If they can get a star that will actually move the needle, do it. But they can't just scoop up the whole 205 Live roster.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:17 pm I think the content output issues are pretty much solved in the short term. In the long term they still need a weekly two hour A show. But in the short term we're getting the Honor Club touring shows back, we're getting matches on Week by Week consistently, we're getting Women's Division Wednesdays, we're getting exclusive webmatches on top of that, and we've got the weekly one hour show.

But that doesn't mean they can just go out and sign half a dozen dudes. Remember that they're still waiting to get Doug Williams, Joe Hendry, Slex, Adam Brooks, Kellyanne, Session Moth Martina, Vicky Haskins, Maria Manic, and Mark Haskins back. And, as has been pointed out above, we need more time for the six man division. The Bouncers, Primal Fear, Shane Taylor Promotions, some combinations of the three main stables in trios matches, and not only in titles matches. Actual contender matches to establish rankings there too.

If they can get a guy like Chris Hero or Curt Stallion back, do it. If they can get any notable names for the women's division, do it. If they can get a star that will actually move the needle, do it. But they can't just scoop up the whole 205 Live roster.
If you believe dave newsletter he said aew has no interest in chris hero so it's a matter of time before he shows back up in roh
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Gresham vs Ruas would be nice
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:17 pm I think the content output issues are pretty much solved in the short term. In the long term they still need a weekly two hour A show. But in the short term we're getting the Honor Club touring shows back, we're getting matches on Week by Week consistently, we're getting Women's Division Wednesdays, we're getting exclusive webmatches on top of that, and we've got the weekly one hour show.

If you believe dave newsletter he said aew has no interest in chris hero so it's a matter of time before he shows back up in roh
His girlfriend does work at Impact. I don't think that makes it a guarantee Hero ends up there but I wouldn't say him to ROH is a sure thing either.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I haven't seen Neese in years but based on his EVOLVE stuff he seems like a good option for a midcard heel, although admittedly pretty much everyone here has always been higher on Silas than I am so I am not sure who's spot he would take otherwise.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Agree, nothing super vital here. Not sure i'd rush out for anyone , but i'd be semi-interested in Curt Stallalion and Fashion Police at the right price. Think Tyler Breeze could do quite well in ROH.

I'm not really an impact guy, but i wouldn't mind the fashion police over there; and let them run with the gimmick over there.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:46 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm ROH Tag Division:
Briscoes
Kingdoms
Moses & Kaun
Bouncers
Vincent's group of dorks

If you can’t even put your 6 man tag champs on TV on a regular basis, then you don’t need to sign more “marginal” talents.
No argument from me there!
Captain Podcast