ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

"wrestling promotion talks to free agent wrestlers"

that's not really news.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:38 pm "wrestling promotion talks to free agent wrestlers"

that's not really news.
I think Santana and ruby riott is the only talent out of this lot roh can get
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1400143038073249799
I admire all the positivity from folks fantasy booking scenarios for each released talent but I can't help but look at it more business-like. We're coming off a pandemic. ROH hasn't made a dime in 15 months. NJPW is in some kind of shape. Impact has a budget. MLW is a non-player.

The truth is I can see many of the released names finding their way back to WWE sooner rather than later if there is no immediate interest by AEW. Key point being: At a reduced price point. If some of these folks were making 100K instead of 275K, they'd likely still have jobs.

It's nice to fantasy book (wrestler) back on the indy scene but also (wrestler) now lives a certain lifestyle that can't be sustained charging pre-WWE salary. Nor can he/she make WWE money on the indies. So an offer of 35% original deal to return may be the only viable option.

AEW can't sign everyone. Just a hard fact. I'm sure Tony will want to b/c he sounds like that type of boss but he's also a noted numbers guy. At some point it has to make sense. Also means down the road AEW will be doing a similar roster trimming but for different reasons.

Keep that in mind if you are a person screaming "sign (insert many names here)" but also spending time angry Shanna got cut, hoping Fuego del Sol gets signed, wondering when Big Swole will get pushed, wanting more NJPW presence, etc There's a chain reaction to everything.

I used AEW examples but the same applies to any other company out there. There are only a certain number of jobs to go around, especially at the rate some people are now used to. I'm sure WWE has people in charge who are smart enough to realize that & this is part of the game.

Talent hoarding never made fiscal sense for WWE but was an advantage they had when priorities were different. My guess is they're still in business of talent hoarding but changing baseline to fit their bottom line which is a higher priority than keeping (x) from a new start-up.

I wish everyone well & just hope they end up wherever makes them happiest so they can keep living the lifestyle they want. But much like seems to be the case w/ Andrade, I'm not gonna fantasy book their outside-WWE runs when as of right now all roads lead back to WWE @ time TBD.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Would love a Hero/End tag team in ROH
Montana

Post by Montana »

roacheyyy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:10 pm Would love a Hero/End tag team in ROH
That's a fantastic idea.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

ROH should look at Buddy Murphy for sure IMO. They should also look at Garrett and Riot. Strowman and Black will probably end up in AEW.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Captain_44 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:31 am ROH should look at Buddy Murphy for sure IMO. They should also look at Garrett and Riot. Strowman and Black will probably end up in AEW.
Meltzer if you believe him said roh has a chance to get murphy rudy and garrett along with green since again yesterday was the first to respond to roh post about willow being in the tournament on Twitter
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

"Dangerous Tekkers will save you all".
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 am "Dangerous Tekkers will save you all".
Mannnnn if only.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Listening to trish adora o shay edwards among other people their bringing in to work in front of the camera or behind the scenes actually come off like they want to be in roh and help it grow
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It's not surprising that people who haven't cracked the national/global scene yet are excited to come to ROH.

It's when ROH can start attracting legitimate stars that we'll have made some progress.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 am Listening to trish adora o shay edwards among other people their bringing in to work in front of the camera or behind the scenes actually come off like they want to be in roh and help it grow
Can you name someone who shat on their new employer or opportunity they were getting?

Also, punctuation and better sentence structure will help in getting your point across better.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Andrade in aew
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dream over.

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:43 pm Dream over.

They are hoarding talent at this point
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:44 pm

You bumbling fool. This is a business where the goal is to make the most money not play with your friends for less. "Hoarding talent!" Quit watching movies who keep the super talented actors from doing your favorite tv show(I'm guessing Sponge Bob?). Better cancel the NFL because that's where the best football players play and not the XFL, oh and MLB and NBA they gotta stop hoarding talent too because MILB and NBA G Leagues need your favorites. Oh and we also gotta cancel music, cause Guns N Roses doesn't play every single city, they just play the ones that profit most in. On and on and on, in 20 years of being on message boards with people from all over the world, relating to topics from wrestling to music to learning languages, you are the sole winner for worst internet forum user of all time. The DOI wouldn't even have you.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:51 pm

You bumbling fool. This is a business where the goal is to make the most money not play with your friends for less. "Hoarding talent!" Quit watching movies who keep the super talented actors from doing your favorite tv show(I'm guessing Sponge Bob?). Better cancel the NFL because that's where the best football players play and not the XFL, oh and MLB and NBA they gotta stop hoarding talent too because MILB and NBA G Leagues need your favorites. Oh and we also gotta cancel music, cause Guns N Roses doesn't play every single city, they just play the ones that profit most in. On and on and on, in 20 years of being on message boards with people from all over the world, relating to topics from wrestling to music to learning languages, you are the sole winner for worst internet forum user of all time. The DOI wouldn't even have you.
are you on aew payroll?
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:53 pm

are you on aew payroll?
It is not your business who pays my bills. Not sure what my jobs have to do with common sense.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:53 pm

are you on aew payroll?
It is not your business who pays my bills. Not sure what my jobs have to do with common sense.
The fact is you belittle anyone you don't agree with
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:57 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:53 pm are you on aew payroll?
The fact is you belittle anyone you don't agree with
When you make such a disgusting statement, expecting someone to take less money so he or she could appease you (of all humans), you deserve to a good solid belittling. I have a niece, she's 6, when she doesn't get what she wants she cries and complains and has a temper tantrum. You sound exactly like but with worse sentence structure.
Captain Podcast