ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

Ian is the best play by play guy in the business right now and it's not even close.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

famicommander wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 pm Ian is the best play by play guy in the business right now and it's not even close.
Thank you!

We did the extension relatively quietly a few months ago. I was extremely flattered for a number of reasons, the most of which being them even approaching me with an extension ahead of expiration in this current climate. The deal is long enough that I'd have called the most TV episodes and likely the most live events (2017 and 2018 had LOADED schedules that gave me a good jump) of any ROH announcer ever. Those accomplishments are more valuable to me than money, as a fan of the product starting in high school and getting to know what it has meant to Cary.

A quick aside: remember when it was reported that new contracts weren't being handed out and I said I had very good reason to believe that wasn't true?

I didn't want to say more. The circumstances of the virus are still pretty grave so it doesn't feel too appropriate to celebrate anything more than ROH has continued to put the crew first in all of this. Sean Ross Sapp asked a simple question along the lines of "Hey, you signed in April 2019 and did a two year deal, right? You re-sign?" and I gave him the answer.

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone following and keeping up with ROH to even make this possible. Since I've been in ROH, I've had two kids, paid off my student loans, I won a ROH match (?!?!?!), spent time in 42 states, and saw a few new countries. It's because of the fans the support the product that I am fortunate enough to live this kind of life and I hope I'm fortunate enough for it to continue for even longer than the current contract.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Congratulations Ian - well deserved!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

congrats ian, you are great.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good commentary makes all the difference in the world. I still don't like Impact's show most weeks but I can at least sit through it with Striker and D'Lo. With Josh Mathews it was like a cheese grater on my brain.

And don't even get me started on AEW. The three man booth sucks in general, but for some reason they chose three play by play guys to constantly step on each other with zero color commentators.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Congrats Ian....You elevate the action in the ring; and i'm always amazed how seamlessly you went from commentary with Colt to Caprice. You can Colt were great; and i didn't think it could get any better; but you can Caprice found the magic right away. That's pretty impressive.

In other news....

Fightful reports that during a Wrestlemania 37 meet and greet, Daniel Bryan confirmed that his contract in WWE is almost up and he expressed his desire to wrestle for other companies. However he noted that he’d like to wrestle for WWE and other places at the same time.

He said: “My contract is up soon. We need to figure out what’s a good balance between home life and wrestling. I never want to stop wrestling, I love it, it’s just figuring that out. It’d be interesting if I could wrestle in different companies and WWE. That’s something I’m trying to weasel my way into right now. [laughs]“

I'm not even going to get my hopes up.... but how crazy would it be to see guys like Joe and Bryan back in ROH. If ROH can pull off a Samoa Joe vs CM Punk match at the 20th anniversary... i'll go nuts. Or something like Daniel Bryan vs. Jonathan Gresham for the Pure Title.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Like everyone else, i agree---Ian and Caprice are the best going. Congrats on the extension
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

There is not a more valuable person to ROH than Ian Riccaboni right now. I am thrilled for Ian not only as a great announcer but a great podcast host, a great family man, and an advocate for all people. Above all else, the person Ian is, being retained is a major asset to ROH. Congrats and well EARNED, Ian!
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maria did a interview that was posted on youtube a hour ago saying the women division Wednesdays will be a full show on youtube and the belt will be called women division title and she said they know what women their interested in and announcements will be made in the coming weeks she did mention one of the women roh brought in is what fans suggested on the experience and the women tournament will be treated like the pure tournament and she is focused is being part of the board of directors
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm Maria did a interview that was posted on youtube a hour ago saying the women division Wednesdays will be a full show on youtube and the belt will be called women division title and she said they know what women their interested in and announcements will be made in the coming weeks she did mention one of the women roh brought in is what fans suggested on the experience and the women tournament will be treated like the pure tournament and she is focused is being part of the board of directors
Words.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:05 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm Maria did a interview that was posted on youtube a hour ago saying the women division Wednesdays will be a full show on youtube and the belt will be called women division title and she said they know what women their interested in and announcements will be made in the coming weeks she did mention one of the women roh brought in is what fans suggested on the experience and the women tournament will be treated like the pure tournament and she is focused is being part of the board of directors
Words.
Maria running the division behind the scenes and making sure the women get the spotlight
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Words.
Uncalled for.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:58 pm
Words.
Uncalled for.
Mix in a period, a comma, or at the very least breathe. I'd also recommend determining what is kayfabe and what isn't.
Captain Podcast
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:33 pm There is not a more valuable person to ROH than Ian Riccaboni right now. I am thrilled for Ian not only as a great announcer but a great podcast host, a great family man, and an advocate for all people. Above all else, the person Ian is, being retained is a major asset to ROH. Congrats and well EARNED, Ian!
Thank you!

We have a good thing going that I think can be great. I'm excited for our potential once live events get rolling again.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

All indications are that WWE, AEW, and MLW intend to resume live events in July. Hopefully ROH and Impact aren't too far behind.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 pm All indications are that WWE, AEW, and MLW intend to resume live events in July. Hopefully ROH and Impact aren't too far behind.
I'm guessing Impact will be back with fans for Slammiversary in July. So that may mean ROH will be the last ones to go with fans.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So it sounds like there will be background and history packages on each individual, plus news and updates on future matches and women coming in. Basically a week by week dedicated to the women’s division which sounds a very good idea to me. My main hope is that matches very early on transition to TV.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to a interview on wrestling inc with maria roh have had tryout matches with women since January and she helps recruit women to the division along with bobby cruise
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Quinn said on week by week four new women will debut on tomorrow women division Wednesday
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:46 am Quinn said on week by week four new women will debut on tomorrow women division Wednesday
4 no-names