ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

The Impact contracts of Taya Valkyrie and Rosemary expire very soon.

I don't have much hope of ROH signing them because you have to figure WWE, AEW, Impact, AAA, and CMLL are still far more attractive destinations for female wrestlers but either one of them would be a great cornerstone to start rebuilding the ROH women's division.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I personally don't have much interest in them at the moment; unless they are 100% committing to a womens division and had more TV time to share for it.

Sounds like Lee Moriarty was set to debut at the ROH TV Tapings; but he was part of the group that got rejected due to COVID protocols. Sounds like he likes being a free lance wrestler, but now would be a great time for ROH to snatch him up before it's too late. Perhaps later in the year we get to see him in ROH...hopefully.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Montana wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 pm I personally don't have much interest in them at the moment; unless they are 100% committing to a womens division and had more TV time to share for it.

Sounds like Lee Moriarty was set to debut at the ROH TV Tapings; but he was part of the group that got rejected due to COVID protocols. Sounds like he likes being a free lance wrestler, but now would be a great time for ROH to snatch him up before it's too late. Perhaps later in the year we get to see him in ROH...hopefully.
Would have liked to see him too. For anyone wondering about Moriarty:

Lee Moriarty spoke with Fightful and had a ton of fun stories you can hear here. Some interesting quotes regarding ROH can be found below including the news he was supposed to work ROH earlier this year at a Future of Honor show and at some television tapings that got canceled due to Covid:

"So, it was back in, I wanna say, March or April," Moriarty told Fightful. "Alex Shelley was talking to me, Ben (Carter) and Tre (Lamar) about doing Future of Honor, which was supposed to be in May. That ended up getting cancelled because of the pandemic. Shelley’s always been a big supporter of os, so when he went to IMPACT! he was pushing us to the people in charge there. We got the opportunity because of Alex Shelley recommending us."

Another ROH run was supposed to happen but got put on hold due to covid.

"I’m completely open to doing pretty much anything. I’m 100% a freelancer. So, I can do whatever I want whenever I want, which is my favorite part of it. I still haven’t found where I fit in yet, so I need to just experiment and expand. A lot of people don’t know, but I was scheduled to do Ring of Honor’s tapings recently, but because of the pandemic they got cancelled and I couldn’t do it," Moriarty revealed.

"I really like the way wrestling is right now. Seeing guys like Chris Bey or other Ring of Honor guys doing stuff with New Japan or seeing MLW and AEW guys working together. It’s really cool seeing all these brands work together to help each other out. Especially during a pandemic when things are so limited. You’re getting eyes on each other. Everybody has a different product to offer. Ring of Honor’s product is completely different than IMPACT!’s. IMPACT! is completely different to AEW. Everyone’s different and they’re helping each other grow. That’s really cool."
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Matt Cardona/Zack Ryder is just sitting at home. Any interest?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:36 am Matt Cardona/Zack Ryder is just sitting at home. Any interest?
Despite his large Twitter following, no.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Could take or leave Zack Ryder. I imagine he could help bring some eyes to the product; but not sure he fits the ROH mold. If he does come in; i could see ROH utilizing him to his strengths. Seems like a better fit for Impact/AEW given they are focusing on more of the mainstream. Where as ROH seems be be going more for the underground/international indy talent.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

cgstong wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:01 pm
Montana wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 pm I personally don't have much interest in them at the moment; unless they are 100% committing to a womens division and had more TV time to share for it.

Would have liked to see him too. For anyone wondering about Moriarty:

Lee Moriarty spoke with Fightful and had a ton of fun stories you can hear here. Some interesting quotes regarding ROH can be found below including the news he was supposed to work ROH earlier this year at a Future of Honor show and at some television tapings that got canceled due to Covid:

"So, it was back in, I wanna say, March or April," Moriarty told Fightful. "Alex Shelley was talking to me, Ben (Carter) and Tre (Lamar) about doing Future of Honor, which was supposed to be in May. That ended up getting cancelled because of the pandemic. Shelley’s always been a big supporter of os, so when he went to IMPACT! he was pushing us to the people in charge there. We got the opportunity because of Alex Shelley recommending us."

Another ROH run was supposed to happen but got put on hold due to covid.

"I’m completely open to doing pretty much anything. I’m 100% a freelancer. So, I can do whatever I want whenever I want, which is my favorite part of it. I still haven’t found where I fit in yet, so I need to just experiment and expand. A lot of people don’t know, but I was scheduled to do Ring of Honor’s tapings recently, but because of the pandemic they got cancelled and I couldn’t do it," Moriarty revealed.

"I really like the way wrestling is right now. Seeing guys like Chris Bey or other Ring of Honor guys doing stuff with New Japan or seeing MLW and AEW guys working together. It’s really cool seeing all these brands work together to help each other out. Especially during a pandemic when things are so limited. You’re getting eyes on each other. Everybody has a different product to offer. Ring of Honor’s product is completely different than IMPACT!’s. IMPACT! is completely different to AEW. Everyone’s different and they’re helping each other grow. That’s really cool."
Please sign Moriarty, he's the future.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

He hopes to get a chance to finish his program with Briscoe in Ring of Honor and said those talks are going on above him. EC3 has all the intent “to be a huge piece” there. He believes Ring of Honor, like what he is doing, brings more realism to an overall wrestling product that has “gotten childish and corny in a way.”

“I’m all in and they have me at their disposal to make it work,” EC3 said. “And it will work because I think fans deserve something real and true that they can invest emotionally in and create moments
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Keith Lee applied for a trademark on his name on December 18. WWE filed one in August 2019. Not sure how this will play out since WWE filed first, but Keith Lee is his real name and his application lists his first use of it for commercial wrestling purposes as November 2008.

In any case, it sounds like Lee might be hedging his bets for a possible departure from WWE.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

aew bound if he leaves wwe some day...
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:50 pm aew bound if he leaves wwe some day...
Seems likely, but then again AEW can only sign so many guys.

I know it's unlikely to happen, but a Keith Lee vs Shane Taylor world title program would be some damn good TV in my book.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AEW would back the brinks truck up for Lee.

Any news on Andrew Everett returning to ROH?? I know he did a few GCW shows in summer but haven't heard much about him. Hope he returns.
Last edited by Shanahan on Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:06 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:50 pm aew bound if he leaves wwe some day...
Seems likely, but then again AEW can only sign so many guys.

I know it's unlikely to happen, but a Keith Lee vs Shane Taylor world title program would be some damn good TV in my book.
I gotta think the AEW has guys like : Keith Lee, Ceasaro, Daneil Bryan, and especially Kevin Owens, Adam Cole, and Sami Zayn high on their radar/watch list.... and i gotta think most of them jump once their contract is up.

Not sure how true this is; but basically heard AEW is just like a tax write off the Khan's (much like Dixie Carter) thus don't really care if they lose money on the investment. I assume he just doesn't want to lose too much. Either way, these are guys like could easily add; and drop of the dead weight roster members.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I didn't mean AEW wouldn't be able to afford more people, I meant that they only have so much airtime. Dark is already 2-3 hours every week and they still have people lost in the shuffle.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 am I didn't mean AEW wouldn't be able to afford more people, I meant that they only have so much airtime. Dark is already 2-3 hours every week and they still have people lost in the shuffle.
True... that hasn't stopped them before though. I think they've been on their hiring spree because they have a second show coming in 2021.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mark haskins has renewed his deal with roh
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

awesome news.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good news on Haskins.... Can't wait for him to return.

I'm kinda surprised we haven't heard an official signing on Rush/Dragon Lee yet.... but maybe there are some minor details they are working out.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Bandido renewed his deal with roh
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I hope his health improves definitely..thats the most important thing, also cant wait to see him back full time in usa and roh

great news, he is amazing.