ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Montana »

Hi Ian, thanks for the confirmation.

I understand where you are coming from with being frustrated about false rumors and negativity. Sometimes it baffles my mind, how a company so important/critical to the wrestling business... certain wrestling fans bash with very little knowledge or insight of the current state of ROH.

I'll start by saying ROH is by far my #1 favorite promotion. That being said, i think some of the criticism on the product is valid. It starts from the smallest of details, like the TV listing on where to watch ROH. If a new fan goes to the ROH website, and the TV listing aren't updated, thats a HUGE problem. Not to mention, being on regional Fox Sports, should be marketed as such. That's a big deal. Yet, no changes to tv listings after multiple concerns from different folks. If ROH can't bother to update this, how do they expect fans to find the product on TV? Or even the ROH website being updated under event news. A few fan would think ROH has stuff going on now, and not know the company is on pause at the moment. It's the little details, yeah it nit picky, but it shows how commitment. In 4 months, ROH couldn't clear the old event news? Let alone, an update on whats actually going on for future events? Even as much as to say events are on pause, and being re-evaluated every 30 days.

I think the biggest reason of criticism is that fans what ROH to do more. Perhaps, it's a messaging issue between ROH management and it's fans, but most wrestling fans want ROH to grow and be a thriving company; yet I think a lot of the fans can't get over that ROH has essentially not changed much over the years. Part of me; likes that ROH shows have 500-1000 dedicated fans; rather than 5-10K casual fans. As a fan... i really don't know what the goals are for ROH or what they are trying to do. I assume since they historically haven't taken many risk, they are satisfied with where the product is at. I assume they'd like to slowly grow, without increasing cost dramatically... but as the saying goes, takes money to make money. Maybe even a annual or quarterly update from ROH management to the fans on what the company is doing and working towards. More transparency (and i hate that word). Joe Koff said the had "big plans" for 2020.... yet never really said what they were, have they been done? It's vague/unclear messaging, and i think over time; fans feel less connected. I will say i thought Joe's statements at Free Enteprise was perfect...we just need more frequent updates. Either on camera or written on the website. Even stuff like if ROH plans to run shows without fans? Probably... but i'm just guessing. Unfortunately; a lot of the positive aspects of ROH, get overshadowed by a few of the negative ones.

Please don't take my messages as more negativity...but more as simple feedback. I have a marketing and managerial background, and these are easy observations outside looking in. I'm sure a lot of this is not as easy as it sounds; and reality is sometimes different. I'll be the first to say, ROH was certainly trending in the right direction in early 2020. The Youtube numbers lately speak for themselves. I think Week by Week is a great addition. Free Enterprise was great. I'm really excited for ROH to return. Thanks again Ian for being a great announcer, and a great asset to the company. Keep up the good work!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/0 ... -comments/

The details in this are quite dark, but in terms of business...
On June 8th, Major League Wrestling announced the signing of Saieve Al Sabah (Samson Therasse) to the organization. Upon his arrival into MLW, Saieve was set to be a part of the ‘Injustice’ group with Jordan Oliver and MLW World Middleweight Champion Myron Reed. Today, Saieve took to Twitter and revealed that he requested his release from MLW and was granted that release.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

supersonic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 pm https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/0 ... -comments/

The details in this are quite dark, but in terms of business...
On June 8th, Major League Wrestling announced the signing of Saieve Al Sabah (Samson Therasse) to the organization. Upon his arrival into MLW, Saieve was set to be a part of the ‘Injustice’ group with Jordan Oliver and MLW World Middleweight Champion Myron Reed. Today, Saieve took to Twitter and revealed that he requested his release from MLW and was granted that release.
Saieve worked the system. He wanted some attention and to get some brownie points from the twitter brigade.
Montana

Post by Montana »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSVdNuDBp3c

I may be reading more into this.... but Jeff Cobb said he signed a contract back in March 2020. He can't say who its with; because the company wanted to announce it. They've been fortunate and pleasing to work with; because they let him do what he wants. I'm having a blast doing it.

Sooo.... to me it sounds like ROH or NJPW... or both. It wouldn't be AEW/WWE/Impact.... think MLW is a long stretch based on what he said. Is there any other possible options??
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If Cobb is signed, in addition too Sydal and Bennett/Maria plus whoever the trend will be in the end. While also including Danhausen, Zayne and maybe a couple of other Indy stars ROH will have a very well rounded singles roster. If ROH could really invest in the tag, women’s division I would pretty dam excited about what ROH would have to offer.
Montana

Post by Montana »

A lot of news today....

Matt Sydal is back with ROH and will be in the Pure Title Touranment

David Finlay will return to ROH and will be in the pure tornament.

Jimmy Yuta, who is now going by Wheeler Yuta... Will be in the Pure Tournament.

.... Also another "Follow the Trend" segment at the end.

No return date; Best of Death Before Dishonor will be another Best of PPV Sept 25th i believe.

Below is the original list of Pure Tournament Wrestlers from March 2020... I assume a few are out now.

Doug Williams
Jonathan Gresham
Alex Shelley
Rocky Romero
Mark Haskins
Slex
Tracy Williams
Marty Scurll
Fred Yehi
Yuji Nagata
Joe Hendry
Dalton Castle
Ren Narita
Josh Woods
Tony Deppen
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:37 am A lot of news today....

Matt Sydal is back with ROH and will be in the Pure Title Touranment

David Finlay will return to ROH and will be in the pure tornament.

Jimmy Yuta, who is now going by Wheeler Yuta... Will be in the Pure Tournament.

.... Also another "Follow the Trend" segment at the end.

No return date; Best of Death Before Dishonor will be another Best of PPV Sept 25th i believe.

Below is the original list of Pure Tournament Wrestlers from March 2020... I assume a few are out now.

Doug Williams
Jonathan Gresham
Alex Shelley
Rocky Romero
Mark Haskins
Slex
Tracy Williams
Marty Scurll
Fred Yehi
Yuji Nagata
Joe Hendry
Dalton Castle
Ren Narita
Josh Woods
Tony Deppen
The easiest ones to point out are Slex, Marty, Nagata and Williams. Doubtful the 3 can't travel here from overseas anytime soon. Finley is probably a replacement for Nagata specifically.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It was only a short time ago Doug cut a promo saying he still was going to be involved with the Pure title tournament. Things could well have changed since especially when you consider doug’s age.

Likely that SLEX isn’t involved as well as Nagata , Scurll and Haskins, if UK talent aren’t going to be there also. Finlay is interesting choice but I hope there are one or two more Indy guys that could really shine if given this opportunity and maybe better for ROH in the long run if they connect with group and hire ups. Really hope Yehi is still involved as just recently in an interview he had said there hasn’t been any contact recently.

Also felt the ‘Trend’ promo came off much better this time. A more detailed and expressive vignette and didn’t seem corny or WWF 99/2000’s hype promos.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Joe Hendry is stuck in the UK as well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH is looking to revamp their product, and they are going to make a few overtures for other talent. One of those is Deonna Purrazzo.

Deonna Purrazzo signed a deal with Impact Wrestling, it was announced this week. There was interest from ROH, but’s unclear where that stands since she did ink a deal already.

According to Fightful Select, ROH officials have informed those in the company that they are looking to “revamp” things in the next few months. They have already implemented several changes, and they’ve also reached out to new talent.

One of those was IMPACT Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo, who was offered an IMPACT contract around the same time. We’ve heard that ROH wanted to know more about Purrazzo’s contract status.

It was also reported that Deonna Purrazzo actually signed a deal with Impact Wrestling around four weeks ago. They held off on making the official announcement so they could create some “buzz” around Bound For Glory.
Spoiler: show
she just lost the womens tittle at bfg
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Deonna should've never been allowed to walk out the door to begin with. She should already have an ROH women's title on her resume.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 pm Deonna should've never been allowed to walk out the door to begin with. She should already have an ROH women's title on her resume.
If she wasn't leaving for NXT there was no reason for her to not win the original title tournament. She was the only roster member who had gotten over with the audience.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

She was only female roster member with any real talent, it’s kind of sickening how bad ROH’s women’s division has been. Gresham needs to be strong and make his mark with this. If Leon, Sumie are involved in any of it, it shows nothing has been learnt.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i was really looking forward for the womens tournament before pandemic.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:52 am i was really looking forward for the womens tournament before pandemic.
The women's tournament had some good names in there like Savoy, Heather Monroe and Lindsey Snow off the top of my head. I had tickets for the Philly show and I was pretty excited for it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status ... 0982831104

Apparently Alex Zayne is wrapping up his Indy dates.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Thea Trinidad, also known as Zelina Vega and/or Rosita, has been released by WWE. Presumably for not giving up her social media revenue.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Rust Taylor from the pure tournament, Alex Zayne (who beat bandito in early 2020) are heading to Wwe along with the Rascals.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh is going to step up given how aew and impact are working together
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Chris Hero isn't done either according to him on his subreddit
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld