ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:25 pm
famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:13 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:37 pm

To be fair, if you didn't watch Lucha Underground and mostly indies in Mexico then you probably know nothing about Rey Horus. This has been his biggest year for notoriety with his signing with ROH and starting up with AAA.
He appeared sporadically for MLW from 2018-2020 also. So between Lucha Underground and MLW he was on TV for the majority of a four year span.
True. I forgot he was on MLW. That's still a low level of exposure.
I think people who watch ROH and the number of people who watched one of LU or MLW during that span probably overlap to a very significant degree.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:25 pm
famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:13 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:37 pm

To be fair, if you didn't watch Lucha Underground and mostly indies in Mexico then you probably know nothing about Rey Horus. This has been his biggest year for notoriety with his signing with ROH and starting up with AAA.
He appeared sporadically for MLW from 2018-2020 also. So between Lucha Underground and MLW he was on TV for the majority of a four year span.
True. I forgot he was on MLW. That's still a low level of exposure.
I don’t get bein sports on direct tv and Lucha Underground was not for me. So Rey Horus is not an exciting signing
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Happy to have Rey Horus on board full time, he is someone that can really develop as an undercard guy in ROH and as a flyer especially he adds something different to the overall feeling of matches. More so if we are going to see technical wrestlers come in more often, the blend of styles always works well.

Happy with the overall feeling of the tag team division, as the interplay with the characters themselves and between other teams are pretty unique. I would agree though more cemented tag teams in ROH would help a lot but when there aren't that many tag teams of a high level around the Indies building, your own isn't necessarily a bad idea.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green).
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-talent- ... l-anderson
WWE has come to terms on the release of Kurt Angle, Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), Rowan (Joseph Ruud), Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe), Mike Chioda, Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett), EC3 (Michael Hutter), Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt), Lio Rush (Lionel Green), Primo (Edwin Colon) and Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
Dave Finlay, Shane Helms, and Lance Storm have also been let go from their producer roles per their Twitter accounts.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Damn.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/statu ... 0388814849
Everyone fired from WWE so far:

Drake Maverick
EC3
Luke Gallows
Karl Anderson
Lio Rush
Eric Young
Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
Lance Storm
Shane Helms
Mike Rotunda
Fit Finlay
Pat Buck
Billy Kidman
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Montana

Post by Montana »

That sucks for them... but if WWE didn't massively overstaff, most never would have had the job in the first place.

As for who ROH should grab, the only one that really interest me is bringing back Lio Rush, but i think he left on bad terms. I think they all can add value to the right promotion. I'm just not sure if these are the guys ROH needs.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Maria Kanellis as well as Zack Ryder and No Way Jose have been released.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't mind a Kingdom reunion. Taven, TK, Mike, and Maria in a feud with Vinny's group.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev) has been released.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Next up:

Deonna Purrazzo
Andrea Listenberger (SmackDown writer that booked the one angle for that brand - Otis & Mandy - which actually got over during the road to WM36)
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

They should really, REALLY make a push for Rusev.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Updated running list:
* Deonna Purrazzo
* Aleksandar Jaksic
* Rusev
* Zack Ryder
* No Way Jose
* Mike Kanellis
* Maria Kanellis
* Primo
* Epico
* Rowan
* Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary Dobson)
* Karl Anderson
* Luke Gallows
* EC3
* Drake Maverick (Rockstar Spud)
* Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers)
* Heath Slater
* Eric Young
* Lio Rush

PRODUCERS:
* Kurt Angle
* Billy Kidman
* Mike Rotunda
* Pat Buck
* Fit Finlay
* Shawn Daivari
* Scott Armstrong
* Sarah Stock
* Shane Helms
* Lance Storm

ANNOUNCERS:
* Aiden English

REFEREES:
* Mike Chioda

CREATIVE:
* Andrea Listenberger

Crazy Mary and Deonna should be right at the top of ROH's list. They are two of the better available female talents and the women's division needs them. Never should have let them walk out the door in the first place.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Considering Deonna and Marty, that reunion might not happen. But, then again, if it was amiable, then yes, go for it. And doubly so for Crazy Mary, go for it!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Although it sucks for these performers to be out of work. I would like to see ROH stand pat. Maybe 2 or 3 of them, but in normal circumstances, they wouldn’t even give ROH the time of day. All of them can’t go to AEW. Everyone wants to be the top guy.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

If ROH were serious about Women Of Honor (and signs point to that being the case) then Logan/Crazy Mary and Deonna are must-gets. Although I concede the Marty/Deonna situation makes her status more challenging.

Top of my list would be Lio Rush though. His 2016/early-2017 run is massively under-rated. One of my favourite parts of the company during that time period. Clearly he has his demons and can be hard to manage, and from recollection it didn't end amicably in ROH, so my hopes aren't that high.

I'd be interested in seeing Bennett/Maria back too. He isn't someone I'd necessarily bust the budget to get, but his team with Taven was fun and there is an obvious place for him right now.

Rusev would be interesting, but expensive. Surely Anderson/Gallows will either head to AEW or back to Japan. EC3 strikes me as someone Sinclair-owned ROH would go for too - again if AEW (or even Impact) aren't in the running.

What a horrible day though. These are professionals losing their jobs in unprecedented circumstances and it is heartbreaking. Spud's social media post about it is a really tough watch.

I really can't wait for some normality to return and we can all get back to moaning about Bully Ray, Delirious and Joe Koff!!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

McXal wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:20 pm If ROH were serious about Women Of Honor (and signs point to that being the case) then Logan/Crazy Mary and Deonna are must-gets. Although I concede the Marty/Deonna situation makes her status more challenging.

Top of my list would be Lio Rush though. His 2016/early-2017 run is massively under-rated. One of my favourite parts of the company during that time period. Clearly he has his demons and can be hard to manage, and from recollection it didn't end amicably in ROH, so my hopes aren't that high.

I'd be interested in seeing Bennett/Maria back too. He isn't someone I'd necessarily bust the budget to get, but his team with Taven was fun and there is an obvious place for him right now.

Rusev would be interesting, but expensive. Surely Anderson/Gallows will either head to AEW or back to Japan. EC3 strikes me as someone Sinclair-owned ROH would go for too - again if AEW (or even Impact) aren't in the running.

What a horrible day though. These are professionals losing their jobs in unprecedented circumstances and it is heartbreaking. Spud's social media post about it is a really tough watch.

I really can't wait for some normality to return and we can all get back to moaning about Bully Ray, Delirious and Joe Koff!!
You hit the nail on the head. For these men and women who lost their jobs at a time where it could be over a year before they have a chance to get another job in their desired field is heartbreaking. I certainly hope everyone one of them lands on their feet.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think Roh could be in a good position here because their owned by a t.v. broadcast company which I don't think is being hurt by the pandemic and these wrestlers that got cut are going to take any offer that has guaranteed money which I believe roh can do because