ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Eck's Files

*As ROH continues to sign top free agents and re-sign its own stars, the company appears close to reaching an agreement with another international star. Stay tuned.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am Cool story on how Maff ended up back in ROH:
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... ct-665342/

Considering retirement one day, the next week he's talking to both Impact and ROH, and shortly after he signs his first exclusive wrestling contract over 2 decades into his career, at age 46.

That must have been an incredible feeling to walk back into the locker room and have everybody literally screaming for the company to sign him.
Great story! I always liked Maff. Dude can still go in the ring. I like the tag team of him and Cobb.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Hero should DEFINITELY be booked again if personal issues can be put aside, that guy has been awesome since he dropped some weight in the last half year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

huh???
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I don't know, he's not a bot and yet is posting obvious bot bullshit here and there + random tidbits that are years old (like he was looking forward to WWE signing Callihan and Samurai del Sol which was... 2012 I think).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think he's reading the first post of threads and responding to them as if they're recent, not realizing some of these topics are several years old
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

So he/she's dumb as rocks and/or a time traveller from 2012/13 who just couldn't wait to post his/her now absolutely irrelevant opinions on pro wrestling.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shane Taylor just said he is "officially" back in ROH
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Was he ever gone?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm So he/she's dumb as rocks and/or a time traveller from 2012/13 who just couldn't wait to post his/her now absolutely irrelevant opinions on pro wrestling.
Also he/she likes to randomly throw in their tidbits on the economics of living in Britain.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Jeff cobb in aew
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

AEW / MAFF vs BRISCOES ?
AEW / Gresham / Lethal vs Flamita / Bandido / Horus ?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If there's ANY cross promotion between AEW and ROH that DOESN'T result in Briscoes vs Lucha Brothers, everybody in both companies should be fired.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Insider:

Jeff Cobb, former ROH Television Champion and Never Openweight Champion for New Japan Pro Wrestling, has been announced as making his All Elite Wrestling debut tonight with the the storyline being that Cobb has been brought in by Chris Jericho as a bounty hunter.

While Cobb is still working for both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, his appearance is not a sign that AEW has forged a working relationship with either promotion. Cobb is currently a free agent as his ROH deal expired at the end of 2019 and he declined to sign a new deal. He was booked directly by AEW as he is free to work anywhere, so his debut tonight should not be seen as anything greater than just that – a debut.

Based on Jericho's promo, Cobb is booked for next week’s episode of Dynamite in Atlanta against Moxley. Cobb has not, as of this writing, signed with AEW.

Cobb, 37, first broke into national prominence as Matanza Cueto in Lucha Underground. Since then, he’s worked under his ring name for a number of major promotions, including ROH, New Japan and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. He and Dan Maff are currently in line for a future ROH Tag Team Championship bout against Jonathan Gresham and Jay Lethal.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Gresham is taking control.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

There is a lot of potential in the women’s roster already. Just in Maria, Savoy, Fiend, Scott (I hope still), Palmer, Von Starr you’ve got a decent start to a very wrestling orientated women’s division all at a great age to grow in the company. Then hopefully women like Steelze still want to be apart of it, It’s going to need a couple more experienced high level workers so they’ve got people to fall back on but overall it would a good start. Especially if there some older heads like evalysse coming it too. Plus additions that are more personality types like Malina who can have a good match when it isn’t just about her gimmick, she’s perfect for someone like Maria or Von Starr again it creates a good balance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Not super pleased about intergender wrestling if it's only gonna be Maria doing it.

Like I said about Impact and Lucha Underground doing it, intergender wrestling is great but it should be all or nothing. Having one woman stand apart from the rest creates problems in both the men's and women's division.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

There is only about 5 women in wrestling that i will watch...(Becky,Tessa,Asuka,Sasha,Thunder Rosa)....the rest dont do it for me and Tessa is only one that can kinda pull off intergender and i still roll my eyes half the time.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

PCO and Matt Hardy had an interesting Twitter exchange. PCO offered him a title match.