ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider is reported on going talks are being made with Marty scrull and Shane Taylor about new deals
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:54 am Sesion Moth Martina will make his debut in Baltimore!
So she signed in September and is only debuting in February? Were they really just paying her to sit at home in the intervening time?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm
AlexROH wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:54 am Sesion Moth Martina will make his debut in Baltimore!
So she signed in September and is only debuting in February? Were they really just paying her to sit at home in the intervening time?
Think it was a combination of Visa, plus she had close to a three to four month tour in Japan literally just after she had supposedly signed.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:44 pm
Think it was a combination of Visa, plus she had close to a three to four month tour in Japan literally just after she had supposedly signed.
I REALLY hope they didn't sign her to a contract before seeing if they could get her a visa.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:43 pm
I REALLY hope they didn't sign her to a contract before seeing if they could get her a visa.

That's the process. You need a job on paper before you can apply for a working visa.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think they should have announced when they were planning for her to debut since clearly many people, including me, are not aware how visa process goes and there were various speculations about why she wasn't on RoH shows.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:43 pm
Like Annorable said, think it was just part of the process and they new they had the that time accounted for with her being with anothe promotion. As long as another Maria Maniac situation doesn't occur you can make that time up with extension or another contract. The Women's division obviously needs time and probably a lot of goodwill on peoples part so it maybe also about waiting to see how things come together in the coming months.
Montana

Post by Montana »

ROH just announced on Facebook that Bandido has resigned with Ring of Honor.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brian Cage has signed a multi-year deal with All Elite Wrestling SoCalUncensored.com has confirmed with multiple sources. No start date was given but we were advised “soon.” The former Impact World Champion and Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Champion went to a no-contest with Rob Van Dam earlier tonight at Impact’s Hard to Kill pay-per-view.

Cage, who became a free agent when his contract with Impact expired, reportedly received offers from Impact to stay and an offer to go to Ring of Honor but decided to go with AEW. The Ring of Honor contract offer is said to have been for the highest dollar amount, but they do not offer the exposure that AEW currently has.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Slex and adam brooks, good international talent...good for ROH
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They should partner with Bad Luck Fale and run NZ/AUS tour.

NJPW has Fale, Toa Henare, Robbie Eagles, Jay White, Gino Gambino, and Mikey Nicholls. Add SLEX, Brooks, the GOD, and ROH's normal roster and that would draw.
Montana

Post by Montana »

That's pretty big news if ROH officially signs Adam Brooks. Nice to see SBG being more proactive and acquiring some new talent.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If Brooks is becoming a regular that is great news. He should have been signed up a couple of years ago by anyone, it could have been the worst thing for him that he wasn’t part of that group he had been with get signed up, but he’s got better, tried to get out more on his own and hopefully getting this chance gives him a real shot in the arm and he goes on another level.

I would put him up with a Lethal as being a guy that can just flat out go and have a good match with anyone on his worst day and a great one more often than not. Really happy about this and I hope if ROH is still looking to Australia Mick Moretti is next, he would be the perfect guy for Vincent’s group or even VE but he is so creative and unique in the ring.

Also if there is a hint at Red of being available to sign do it, he can be a great teacher for any talent on the roster too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Cool story on how Maff ended up back in ROH:
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... ct-665342/

Considering retirement one day, the next week he's talking to both Impact and ROH, and shortly after he signs his first exclusive wrestling contract over 2 decades into his career, at age 46.

That must have been an incredible feeling to walk back into the locker room and have everybody literally screaming for the company to sign him.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

On NWA commentary last night they said that Matt Cross was representing ROH, I don't know if that was just to enhance the rivalry between NWA and ROH while helping Ricky Starks but if true it's a very solid guy to have around.

He also has the experience of running shows and I imagine producing matches etc so a good person to have in the back also.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:20 am On NWA commentary last night they said that Matt Cross was representing ROH, I don't know if that was just to enhance the rivalry between NWA and ROH while helping Ricky Starks but if true it's a very solid guy to have around.

He also has the experience of running shows and I imagine producing matches etc so a good person to have in the back also.
Dave Marquez just messed up. He also mispronounced Bayonne twice.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Man, at least bring Cross in for that old school/new school show in March.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh is teasing signing another international star to a contract
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am Roh is teasing signing another international star to a contract
I'd imagine it's making the Adam Brooks signing official.