ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:45 pm remember the news about Austin Gunn contract with roh?well.... he is signed to tag with his father for aew dark.
Most likely was deal with 6 month out...i wasnt big fan of Gunn anyway.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Alex zayne making his debut against bandido next month
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm not too familiar with Zayne yet, but supposedly one of the hottest Indy wrestlers out there. Imagine that match will be awesome.

I'm not upset about the Austin Gunn thing. He could even just have a really lose contract, since hes like a future of honor guy. Or maybe didn't like how things were going.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i watched one highlight video of Alex Zayne. sign him asap.

also please ROH give this match 15 minutes plus
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Montana wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:07 am I'm not too familiar with Zayne yet, but supposedly one of the hottest Indy wrestlers out there. Imagine that match will be awesome.

I'm not upset about the Austin Gunn thing. He could even just have a really lose contract, since hes like a future of honor guy. Or maybe didn't like how things were going.
Zayne is amazing. He had a breakout performance last summer during GCW's Backyard show against Tony Deppen (other talent that ROH should sign too) and ever since then he's been everywhere, from the little indies with his personal feud with Blake Christian to NJPW shows in the US, PWG or Japan, where he is right now wrestling with CIMA's Strong Hearts.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Zayne is a guy that could really go far, he's got all the tools, from look, height, build (needs to get in a bit better shape to be a top guy), isn't hindered by a name like "Flip", still young enough to really develop in ROH from the ground up. Probably the most important thing is that he can learn to be less of a highlight reel and a more focused pro that can put high quality main event level matches together he could be top notch. I'm not saying he's bad but right now he certainly has that Indy style that can only go so far.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:45 pm remember the news about Austin Gunn contract with roh?well.... he is signed to tag with his father for aew dark.
Was he legitimately signed with them or was it just maybe a temp deal for the TPT?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

news back then was he was signed but idk.

hey hey talking about new talent....where is session moth martina, visa problems or something?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Other wrestling news.... but

Myron Reed re-signed wtih MLW. Doesn't say it's a multi-year deal... but i assume they'll continue the relationship as is.

He's a tremendous talent, especially for his age. If i'm ROH (even WWE/AEW) i'm keeping my eye on this kid, and lock him up down the road. I'm pretty high on Trey Miguel too. I'm fine with them in Impact/MLW at the moment, but would prefer them in a bigger promotion in the future.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Montana wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:16 am Other wrestling news.... but

Myron Reed re-signed wtih MLW. Doesn't say it's a multi-year deal... but i assume they'll continue the relationship as is.

He's a tremendous talent, especially for his age. If i'm ROH (even WWE/AEW) i'm keeping my eye on this kid, and lock him up down the road. I'm pretty high on Trey Miguel too. I'm fine with them in Impact/MLW at the moment, but would prefer them in a bigger promotion in the future.
Wouldn’t call ROH a bigger promotion than Impact and we’ll see about MLW and this big 2020 TV deal announcement Bauer keeps teasing.

I kind of like the roster stability in the business right now. WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, MLW, NWA all have their own talent that identify as theirs and, instead of ransacking each other, there seems like more of a concerted effort to bring up Indy talent to develop.

2020 should be interesting in seeing who can do the best job at creating stars. Honestly, I don’t think anyone is doing that great a job of it right now
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If ROH is finally looking at the Indy scene to recruit rather than the school and camps, the next ones I would really like to see would be, Daniel Garcia, he's come on so much in the last year and is pretty much the stand out for young talent in Beyond, Daniel Makabe (if he can loose the T'Shirt and get in some real shape) his skill as a techincal wrestler is unreal and his height would be such a key too, Kevin Ku, who finally has got in some shape and seems to be putting it all together now and then there is Benjimen Carter who can just about do it already for such a young guy in the business.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Joey Lynch needs to be booked in 2020. Lynch needs to be on a bigger stage.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:54 pm Also from the Insider too:

"There's been some talk of late about Bullet Club (likely Guerrillas of Destiny) being involved in future storylines leading into Wrestlemania weekend in Lakeland, Florida".
All for this. The Briscoes vs. G.O.D. probably my top feud of the year. Accentuated with violence and top promo skills from Jay Briscoe and Tama Tonga, I would be more than happy for this feud to resume.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:52 pm

"There's been some talk of late about Bullet Club (likely Guerrillas of Destiny) being involved in future storylines leading into Wrestlemania weekend in Lakeland, Florida".
All for this. The Briscoes vs. G.O.D. probably my top feud of the year. Accentuated with violence and top promo skills from Jay Briscoe and Tama Tonga, I would be more than happy for this feud to resume.
I liked the feud a lot, too... but the Briscoes are really the only people I think match up well with the Guerrillas of Destiny and we've already seen that. I don't find the Guerrillas of Destiny to be in any way interesting as personalities or characters, either.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:52 pm

I liked the feud a lot, too... but the Briscoes are really the only people I think match up well with the Guerrillas of Destiny and we've already seen that. I don't find the Guerrillas of Destiny to be in any way interesting as personalities or characters, either.
You're telling me you wouldn't give a kidney to see Tama and Loa vs Penta and Fenix?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According Roh website Dragon lee signed a full time deal with roh and Jason cade will be at next weeks show
Montana

Post by Montana »

That's pretty huge about Dragon Lee... Looking forward to him in 2020. We may even get some Rush vs. Dragon Lee down the road.

I've been catching up with MLW while ROH is on a small break, and Jason Cade is pretty solid. Wouldn't call him a game-changer at this point, but certainly a talented guy.

Shane Taylor coming to Atlanta, I THINK is a good sign for Shane Taylor fans. (assuming you want him to stay in ROH)

ROH is really pushing DanHausen too. Seems like he's mentioned everything ROH post anything. I could see him being a lovable jobber to start though.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ecks files

In other news regarding contracts, the following stars all signed full-time deals with ROH over the past few months: Lee, Dan Maff, Flamita, Bateman and Australian star Slex,

no new information here tbh.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pco said his finalizing a new contract with Roh
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Sesion Moth Martina will make his debut in Baltimore!