ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:14 am Maybe that the international star that coming in
Looks like it will be him now that you mention it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:06 am Man. If ROH wants to get back into the fans' good graces, if they're not going to change bookers, at least put the title on Shelley.
The whole drive of Taven’s title reign will be loosing to RUSH, how and why people can’t wait for this I don’t know. The last thing ROH should do is change booking plans it’s be the huge issue for ROH for ages, they need to commit to this lane as they have a plan for the outcome

This is a rebuilding year no question and it’s about getting past these points to get a new one start. By the time Final Battle ends I can see a lot of change for the better.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I don't really understand why Shelley as champ would work better than Taven.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what people want: kenta

what roh want : joe hendry

wow.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:13 am what people want: kenta

wow.
Don't you know that Joe Hendry makes things better?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Give us KENTA vs. Shelley then I hope the latter jumps to AEW. Time to get him against his idol Jericho.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Lynx wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:56 am I don't really understand why Shelley as champ would work better than Taven.
A genuinely beloved figure of ROH's past that was criminally underrated by everyone vs. Matt Taven. Do the math.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:13 am what people want: kenta

wow.
I like Joe, a lot. But investing in KENTA if he's healthy post G1, is the right move. So clearly Joe Hendry is getting the spot.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Lynx wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:56 am I don't really understand why Shelley as champ would work better than Taven.
A genuinely beloved figure of ROH's past that was criminally underrated by everyone vs. Matt Taven. Do the math.
I don't understand what kind of math should I do here. Shelley hasn't gotten much of reaction from crowds for a while now and based on the video uploaded they didn't really react much to his return either. Is he suddenly going to start drawing the crowds?

As for KENTA, we have no idea if he actually wants to wrestle in RoH at all. Maybe he does G1 and few extra dates for NJPW and thats that.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Lynx wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 am
I don't understand what kind of math should I do here. Shelley hasn't gotten much of reaction from crowds for a while now and based on the video uploaded they didn't really react much to his return either. Is he suddenly going to start drawing the crowds?

As for KENTA, we have no idea if he actually wants to wrestle in RoH at all. Maybe he does G1 and few extra dates for NJPW and thats that.
https://www.njpw1972.com/54678

In this interview KENTA says ‘I chose to come here after a lot of thought. Quite frankly, if this doesn’t pan out, I’m done.’ I have no idea if this is a worked interview or not but taking him at his word, why sign up for ROH full time after the G1 if you don't know if you are going to keep wrestling. If KENTA does perform well and wants to keep working and spend more time with his family in Florida then it would make sense to work ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Shelley was stuck in a tag team and hasn’t been around in over a year. He’s done one promo, Matt Taven has had one of the worst title runs this side of Xavier and has a bunch of weird fans who don’t know anything about when ROH was great.

Kenta if what I was told today works out, is going to really get a good run in the G1 and be part of NJPW going forward while being based in Orlando.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:17 am

Shelley was stuck in a tag team and hasn’t been around in over a year. He’s done one promo, Matt Taven has had one of the worst title runs this side of Xavier and has a bunch of weird fans who don’t know anything about when ROH was great.

Kenta if what I was told today works out, is going to really get a good run in the G1 and be part of NJPW going forward while being based in Orlando.
Seriously man some of your takes are way off, I know Taven isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I would say Taven has at least gotten more out his time as Champ than O’Reilly, Elgin and Richards let alone Xavier.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:21 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:17 am

Seriously man some of your takes are way off, I know Taven isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I would say Taven has at least gotten more out his time as Champ than O’Reilly, Elgin and Richards let alone Xavier.
With Xavier, you knew he was being beat by Joe or Daniels. O'Reilly was in and out due to his contractual status, that was a Delirious choice(shocking), Richards was a headcase so they had no choice but to have him drop it to Kevin which was the right choice. Elgin wasn't going to lose when he did but when he got banned from America they also had no choice.

Matt Taven, I have no problem with as a wrestler, I dig the person and the act, but he's been put in bad places by the company and thus booking has betrayed him. His run has been filled with solid yet unspectacular matches and one major theme, bad booking because no result has been in question.
Captain Podcast
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Lynx wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:04 am I don't understand what kind of math should I do here. Shelley hasn't gotten much of reaction from crowds for a while now and based on the video uploaded they didn't really react much to his return either. Is he suddenly going to start drawing the crowds?
Shhh, don't say Shelley is a has-been/never-was at this point.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

famicommander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:43 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am
famicommander wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:11 am

Correct. I just didn't think Lavie would blindly retweet it if he didn't know or believe it to be true.
Doesn't Lavie work for SBG or something?
He is a shareholder. Not sure if he has an official position with them on top of that.
Does anyone remember what the issue at hand was? :)
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

John Morrison finished up with Impact and now is free agent, or at least that is what the people are claiming. To me he does not look like the "RoH wrestler", but maybe with RoH trying to branch out he actually would fit in?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

he is aew bound.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Laviemarg wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am

Doesn't Lavie work for SBG or something?
He is a shareholder. Not sure if he has an official position with them on top of that.
Sorry. Didn't mean to cast aspersions upon you. I'm just a naturally suspicious person.
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Laviemarg wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm
Sorry. Didn't mean to cast aspersions upon you. I'm just a naturally suspicious person.
No offense taken. I was just trying to figure out what the issue was 6 months later.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

What I have heard aria palmer and gia scott are is on roh radar