ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm Is tj Perkins a former roh champion
nope
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

please be kenta and not tj..please roh, please

what other names comes to mind?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

This is a list of former roh tag team champions that maybe can be the man returning..

Ricky Reyes
Jimmy Jacobs
Austin Aries
Shingo (unlikley)
Davey Richards (unlikely)
Alex Koslov
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Dan Maff
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I really like to see Dan Maff back. He recently had an awesome match with Chris Dickinson in GCW. It stole the show.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Just on what Alex Koslov has been tweeting recently I would guess he could be the ex ROH tag champion. Maff would certainly be interesting

The international star could be for the men’s or Women of Honor division. Possibly TJP or Mayu.

I think the 4th member of VE is going to be Adam Brooks but I could be way off base there.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cant see mayu working roh on a full time basis, also they said international so i think is from another country...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:42 pm This is a list of former roh tag team champions that maybe can be the man returning..

Ricky Reyes
Jimmy Jacobs
Austin Aries
Shingo (unlikley)
Davey Richards (unlikely)
Alex Koslov
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Dan Maff
i forgot about matt sydal
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm cant see mayu working roh on a full time basis, also they said international so i think is from another country...
But Japan is another country
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

but he is the stardom ace, cant see mayu in the usa for a long run.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I wouldn't be super mad about TJP... I'd prefer Kenta... but TJP can still deliver some good matches. In fact, TJP would be kind of nice as a mini - 4-6 match deal for some shows in smaller markets. She how the crowd reacts, see if he fits in backstage and stuff.

I like the roster now, just feels like it needs more depth. (obviously with like 10 ppl going to AEW) Reduce the future of honor back to pre shows and deliver a knock out 2.5 hour show, similar to Evolve.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 pm Just on what Alex Koslov has been tweeting recently I would guess he could be the ex ROH tag champion. Maff would certainly be interesting

The international star could be for the men’s or Women of Honor division. Possibly TJP or Mayu.

I think the 4th member of VE is going to be Adam Brooks but I could be way off base there.
Would DBS Jr be a possibility for the international star? I guess he's done with NJPW, and I know he has a deal with MLW, but I'm also pretty unclear what having a deal with MLW means so *shrug*
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

maxx_powerz wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 am
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 pm Just on what Alex Koslov has been tweeting recently I would guess he could be the ex ROH tag champion. Maff would certainly be interesting

Would DBS Jr be a possibility for the international star? I guess he's done with NJPW, and I know he has a deal with MLW, but I'm also pretty unclear what having a deal with MLW means so *shrug*
It was reported ROH was interested last year but then he signed with MLW, which I think was a long contract plus with everything that happened with NJPW I just can’t see it. Especially when he wanted to sign with Impact.

Looks like we won’t know for a while anyway if the article is anything to go by, which could mean WWE/contract expiring, Finishing up all Indy dates or maybe the G1 ending.

Regardless it’s nice to know we have two new talents coming in next weekend.

I really hope it isn’t Sydal he just doesn’t have anything near to what he used to have and honestly I just don’t think he’s that much of a draw, same could be said for TJP too really but the WWE run possibly could have helped him. Overall I hope it’s someone other than those two.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mike Johnson at PWInsider reports that the contracts of IMPACT Wrestling Tag Team Champions LAX (Santana & Ortiz) are set to expire sometime this summer. IMPACT Wrestling officials are reportedly working to sign the duo to a long-term deal, but the two sides have yet to agree to terms.
Signing LAX is reportedly one of the top priorities for IMPACT.

In an interview with Busted Open Radio earlier this month, LAX stated that their goal at the end of their current contracts was for every company to come knocking on their door.

"We're not putting in all this work to not be the best tag team in the world. That's our goal. There's a lot of people in that conversation but as long as we're in the conversation, even if people are crapping all over us, that's all we want to be. We want to be considered and be in the argument," said Ortiz.

Santana added, "That's what we said from the beginning. We didn't want to become famous or make a ton of money. We wanted to become one of the best. That's our main objective. Becoming one of the best will last forever. Money, when you die, you don't take that with you. When we signed our first contract with IMPACT, we looked at each other and said, 'at the end of this contract, we want every company knocking on our door.'"

imagine lax in roh vs the briscoes
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Not hot on ROH right now, but even with the booking, LAX would get me watching more again.

LAX vs. Briscoes
LAX vs. Tracy Williams/Mark Haskins
LAX vs. Bandido/(in a dream world) Flamita
LAX vs. PCO/Brody King
LAX vs. Jay Lethal/Jonathan Gresham

Could also bring us LAX vs. Roppongi 3K and other teams from New Japan. Including the big one...

LAX vs. Guerrillas of Destiny
Montana

Post by Montana »

I like LAX... but i'm going to guess a lot of strong offers. ROH could use a top tag team now too, especially with all those matchups you mentioned. I'd imagine it will depend how much AEW wants these guys. With them starting TV in a few months, i could see them making a push to sign a few more stars from now-fall.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

LAX would or should be a no brainer at this point, considering where the Tag division is they would add a huge injection of talent and could carry the division for a long time, you could also remodel them into the ROH version of Los Ingobernables.

I really would hope ROH is in discussion at least. That said if AEW or WWE are courting, then I doubt anyone else has a chance in all honesty
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It was announced that colt replacement for best in the world has signed exclusive contract with nwa and is the biggest yet to sign with nwa I know Billy has money but is it possible that roh is help covering the cost for nwa talent maybe like a joint contract
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Oh and it's rumored his replacement is James storm or Eli drake
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

xavier is back.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is he back with roh