ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Might be a good idea to listen to Lanza's reasonable take on this week's VOW flagship.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

What did he say
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Attendance is noticeably down due to the AEW jumps, and Enzo has a humongous following to boost viewership and attendance, making the obvious risk attractive to the office.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well I read the spoilers from tonight and it kinda feels like a soft reboot of the product the talent is having directions and stories
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

VOW: Was told that the Pittsburgh ROH taping filled up quite a bit more by bell time compared to those pics that were going around (although not sold out).
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:37 pm Well I read the spoilers from tonight and it kinda feels like a soft reboot of the product the talent is having directions and stories
Could you please post a link to those spoilers in the spoiler section of the board?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I read them from a guy Twitter but I will post the link in the spoilers section
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

supersonic wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm Attendance is noticeably down due to the AEW jumps, and Enzo has a humongous following to boost viewership and attendance, making the obvious risk attractive to the office.
I haven't listened but I can tell you attendance was down prior to the AEW jump. I'm not sure if that was addressed.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

After watching impact wrestling the first time in a long time. What I noticed is the depth of the tag teams there the desi hit squad, bahh and Km, Swann and Mack, The Rascalz, Monster mafia, OVE, LAX, Fenix and Pentagon, I hope ROH soon can match that.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well they did bring a new tag team last night that is not enzo and cass I do see Roh keeps hiring people and it's going to be hard to feature talent properly with only one hour show
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 am Well they did bring a new tag team last night that is not enzo and cass I do see Roh keeps hiring people and it's going to be hard to feature talent properly with only one hour show
Which just means they have too many people on the roster, which hurts the product as you're wasting time on people who you don't have the time to feature.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 am Well they did bring a new tag team last night that is not enzo and cass I do see Roh keeps hiring people and it's going to be hard to feature talent properly with only one hour show
ROH hasn't done a good job expanding their tv presence as their popularity has grown. 1 hour a week just isn't enough time to get everyone in the mix. They try to supplement that with airing things like WOH on social media but I don't think that had reached enough people to use to sell stories. Now with that said they have done next to nothing to train the viewer to find the supplemental content. A weekly Twitch show or even Facebook live that is at the same time every week would be very helpful until they get more tv time. And even more importantly promote it at live shows, on the website and especially on the air.
Montana

Post by Montana »

For right now, I’m pretty happy with the 1 hour per week tv show. It’s way more refreshing then the 7-8 hours of Wwe programming.

I think 2 hours of ROH would certainly water down the show like Wwe raw.

I do agree they need to do more/better with their YouTube/social media pages. I think a weekly 10-15 minute recap/hype show on YouTube could go a long way. Ultimately I think the goal would be to push people toward honor club, which is the best way to watch. The WoH and FOH could more exclusive to the HC with shows here and there. I’ve always been a fan of documentaries too, It would be cool if ROh released a few documentaries each year. Things like “end of a era” with The elite leaving. A day in the life of the Briscoes (which I think they did on a dvd) , Jay Lethal on becoming an all time great, Matt Taven journey to the top.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I could see Luke Harper/Brody Lee getting a lot of nice offers. Would love to see him in ROH/NJPW. Gotta think AEW & Impact will make strong offers as well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I WANT BRODIE LEE IN ROH AND NJPW...FUCK AEW!

DONT SLEEP ON THIS FUCKING PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER ROH, LETS GO.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Remember that when Jericho was only working WWE house shows 4 years ago, Harper was one of his chosen opponents.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

A lot of impact talent is tweeting telling him to go to impact and fans are saying don't go to Roh unless you want to be ruined
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Top 10, potentially top 5 most misused talents WWE has had in the last 15 years
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Apart from his age he would be an interesting talent to have and try to present for every company right now. He would be something different as there are very few 'big' men that can do what he can do, I can certainly see him in AEW as again it would fit into their marketing idea of big that saviour to the WWE.