ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 am ROHWrestling.com has learned that Love and Sky had signed with WOH a few days earlier and were supposed to be introduced during G1 Supercard. That’s why they were backstage and the graphic was ready to go.
This right here. This kind of thing is all I ask for.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 am My posting campaign for RD Evans to coach Erick Stevens back into title contention starts here.
Oh great. Now I'm going to be disappointed if anything other than this happens.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

credits to rovert

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Sasha Banks may want out of WWE.

After days of speculation following her cancelation of the Wendy Williams Show, Wrestling Observer has reported that Sasha Banks wanted to leave WWE over WrestleMania weekend.

Observer stated that Sasha Banks was under the impression that she and Bayley would have the opportunity to have a strong run with the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles in an effort to establish them as serious championships.

It was reported that Banks was given a few weeks to think things over before making what the company figured was a rash decision, but Fightful's sources throughout the week had compared it to The Revival. In January, the team expressed their frustration backstage and were asked to ride it out for a period of time and that things would improve for a while. We were told that Bayley was also clearly frustrated by the entire situation.

Both sources within the company that Fightful spoke to said they'd be surprised if Banks was granted a release.
Big Red Machine

Knowing this makes WWE all the more stupid for booking that match the way did and taking the belts off of them.

And to keep my post on topic I will state the obvious and say that if Sasha Banks does wind up getting released, ROH should back up a Brinks truck for her and build their women's division around her.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Looks like Enzo and Cass dont have a contract or a schedule lock with ROH... GREAT NEWS!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't believe that because Dave doesn't have any sources in roh anymore since the elite left
Big Red Machine

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 pm I don't believe that because Dave doesn't have any sources in roh anymore since the elite left
Oh I'm sure he's still got sources, and if he didn't, my guess would be that you'd have multiple wrestlers in the locker room eager to becomes sources in an attempt to get into Dave's good graces.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Good I hope that's a sign ROH played safe ish with them, they shouldn't have done it in the first place, but I guess ROH wanted to see the reaction, hopefully the negative response will see them side step it or at least run it the angle for a short time.

With Regards to Flamita I really hope he does come in as he is one the best underated Luchadores out there at the moment, also Mexi Bloods adds a really fresh team to the tag team scene.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I'm actually hoping that the Enzo & Cass thing was a test...do the worked shoot and see what the live crowd and social media reaction was. If it was negative (which saying it was would be an understatement), just move on and never do anything else with it. Fingers crossed!
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 pm I don't believe that because Dave doesn't have any sources in roh anymore since the elite left
LOL.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:46 am I'm actually hoping that the Enzo & Cass thing was a test...do the worked shoot and see what the live crowd and social media reaction was. If it was negative (which saying it was would be an understatement), just move on and never do anything else with it. Fingers crossed!
Seconded.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WHG wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:46 am I'm actually hoping that the Enzo & Cass thing was a test...do the worked shoot and see what the live crowd and social media reaction was. If it was negative (which saying it was would be an understatement), just move on and never do anything else with it. Fingers crossed!
This would be the ideal scenario.

Let Impact or AAA handle the gong show former WWE acts.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Man I know I look for something different in wrestling than most of you all but to me the ROH roster is sorely lacking.

How many on the current roster could work your local armory and draw more than 50 more than the normal crowd?

The Briscoes,Bully Ray,Lethal,Rush,Scurll,who else?

I bet Enzo and Cass would.

When you add to that the tag team division is The Briscoes and then...nothing.

Nobody's saying give them 3 year deals and the straps but you're telling me with a straight face a good 3 month blood fued with the Briscoes to show what they're made of aint worth our time?

Please...
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

SweetDaddy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 pm Man I know I look for something different in wrestling than most of you all but to me the ROH roster is sorely lacking.

How many on the current roster could work your local armory and draw more than 50 more than the normal crowd?

Nobody's saying give them 3 year deals and the straps but you're telling me with a straight face a good 3 month blood fued with the Briscoes to show what they're made of aint worth our time?

Please...
ROH has some talent that can draw. In addition to the names you listed I would at the least add PCO , Brody King , Jeff Cobb , Jon Gresham , Bandido , Dragon Lee, Juice Robinson and , Flip Gordon . The likes of Tracy Williams , PJ Black and Mark Haskins could help if booked correctly The problem is the bottom third of the men's roster and the entire woman's division .

I don't see many money draws coming out of Future of Honor. Hopefully there will be one or two that emerge in the next year . I would try to sign Eli Drake a.k.a Shaun Ricker . Then I would try to find a few overlooked indy vets like Joey Lynch . Also I would add to the NJPW LA Dojo guys. Just drop all of the dead weight from the undercard to make room.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

SweetDaddy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 pm Man I know I look for something different in wrestling than most of you all but to me the ROH roster is sorely lacking.

Please...
If you really think the likes of Bandido, Flip etc wouldn't draw more than 50 people I don't think you have that much grasp of what fans are drawn too.

I also wouldn't say PCO and King are nothing, it's the same for Kingdom, you may not realise but people are coming to see them. It also depends what eyes you want to draw to the product, if Enzo and Cass bring a load assholes that ruin or don't engage with the rest of the product there is no point in it.

If the Briscoes and Enzo tear it up and draw the numbers that's great and i'd much rather see them than the beer city brusier etc, but right now Enzo and Cass are probably going to be far more of detractor than have any actual positive affect on ROH's business. Also considering their previous performances is there really any history to say that they would deliver in the ring even in a blood feud.

ROH has the chance of actually creating a hugely successful roster, all it needs is to generally clear 5 from the general male and female roster then add about 10 other men and women including tag teams and you have a great to fantastic roster
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Bruiser is better than Enzo or Cass in the ring. His three way with Naito and Barretta was excellent, and he has some good throws and reversals in his arsenal. Milonas is awful and the goofy gimmick doesn't really let him show what he can do, but Bruiser is underrated.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Brad ward which is a well known mma journalist is reporting enzo and cass signed multi year deals with Roh
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:26 pm Brad ward which is a well known mma journalist is reporting enzo and cass signed multi year deals with Roh
I found him but not familiar. What would be the highlights of his scoops/reporting resume?
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:16 am

Please...
If you really think the likes of Bandido, Flip etc wouldn't draw more than 50 people I don't think you have that much grasp of what fans are drawn too.

I also wouldn't say PCO and King are nothing, it's the same for Kingdom, you may not realise but people are coming to see them. It also depends what eyes you want to draw to the product, if Enzo and Cass bring a load assholes that ruin or don't engage with the rest of the product there is no point in it.

If the Briscoes and Enzo tear it up and draw the numbers that's great and i'd much rather see them than the beer city brusier etc, but right now Enzo and Cass are probably going to be far more of detractor than have any actual positive affect on ROH's business. Also considering their previous performances is there really any history to say that they would deliver in the ring even in a blood feud.

This.

Sweet Daddy, you seem to be operating under the assumption that the state of indy wrestling and it's fanbase has not changed since the 90s. Bandido is going to draw a hell of a lot more people nowadays than two bad workers whose biggest claim to fame is having been midcarders in WWE.