ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

Jay Briscoe vs. Jon Moxley is a legitimate dream feud. Plus there is no standard to fit into ROH and get over. That ended after BITW 2011.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I read his contact expires April 1st. Would be awesome if he showed up at msg
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mike Adamle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:17 am I read his contact expires April 1st. Would be awesome if he showed up at msg
My guess is that there'll a non-compete clause for at least 30 days after his contract expires. But Dean leaving is really striking news. I don't know where if he'd fit better in ROH or AEW, but I definitely imagine either company doesn't want the other to have him.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I don't think he will have the no compete clause as his contract is expiring rather than he's getting fired or quitting.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Moxley ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Mike Adamle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am I don't think he will have the no compete clause as his contract is expiring rather than he's getting fired or quitting.
I think they still have no compete clauses after their contract ends too.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Montana wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:08 pm
Mike Adamle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 am I don't think he will have the no compete clause as his contract is expiring rather than he's getting fired or quitting.
I think they still have no compete clauses after their contract ends too.
Only if they’re released. Not if their contract runs out.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I could very well see Ambrose working with AEW, perhaps even being a surprise for Double or Nothing as he does live in Las Vegas.

This could all be a work in the end too. If he was really on the way out do you really think WWE would have announced it? They would have handled it quietly probably reduced him to Superstars tapings or began leaving him off TV entirely. He also seemingly just set up a WrestleMania program with Triple H.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

KENTA IS FREE AGAIN !!!!

Hideo Itami, aka KENTA, finished up officially with World Wrestling Entertainment at last night's Smackdown taping in Phoenix, Arizona, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The word making the rounds is that Itami requested his release from the company.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If Kenta can still go then it's a must really. I don't know if the 90 day clause preventes people from appearing in some fashion or if it's just related to performing. If he can appear coming out at G1 Supercard would be awesome.

Regardless I hope ROH gets in touch and he can come in for a long time.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If KENTA leave WWE, NewJapanCup is one of a way.
GlobalWars for KENTA & SHINGO please.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'm sure he'll go to NOAH, but it would be really awesome to see him signing a contract with NJPW/ROH.

Imagine KENTA vs. Bandido, Cobb, Lethal, Brody, my gad,
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

KENTA would be a good pick up for NJPW with them losing their top two juniors in the last year (KUSHIDA gone, Hiromu still in question over his injury).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dream: kenta in roh/njpw

realitY: kenta back to noah.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Does NOAH even have the cash anymore? Last time I watched one of their shows they had like 300 people at Korakuen. Are they doing better now?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:30 pm Does NOAH even have the cash anymore? Last time I watched one of their shows they had like 300 people at Korakuen. Are they doing better now?
They were just sold again. We'll see what the new ownership is going to do.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

PWTorch has confirmed that ROH announcer Ian Riccaboni has signed a new multi-year deal with the company. He signed a deal with Ring of Honor in April of 2018 and would have had to opt out of it next month in order to negotiate with other companies, but ROH was aggressive in making him a strong offer to ensure that Riccaboni couldn’t even opt out of his deal to negotiate with other companies.

PWTorch sources have confirmed that WWE and AEW were interested in signing Riccaboni had he become a free agent, but his preference was said to have been to stay with ROH. Riccaboni became the lead announcer for ROH when Kevin Kelly left the company in 2017.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 am PWTorch has confirmed that ROH announcer Ian Riccaboni has signed a new multi-year deal with the company. He signed a deal with Ring of Honor in April of 2018 and would have had to opt out of it next month in order to negotiate with other companies, but ROH was aggressive in making him a strong offer to ensure that Riccaboni couldn’t even opt out of his deal to negotiate with other companies.

PWTorch sources have confirmed that WWE and AEW were interested in signing Riccaboni had he become a free agent, but his preference was said to have been to stay with ROH. Riccaboni became the lead announcer for ROH when Kevin Kelly left the company in 2017.
Should have broke the news on here or maybe done like a Lebron James' decision thing? Maybe could have raised some money for the Allentown Boys and Girls Club :D

But yes, I have re-signed with ROH on a multi-year deal. I have nothing but love for the other two organizations but this is where I want to be and I wouldn't have signed it if I hadn't felt the feeling was/is mutual.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I wish KENTA would do a good year of freelancing in Japan. I want him to hit like everyone in the more major promotions there. Hard.

And for everyone's eyes except Ian Riccaboni,
IanRiccaboni wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 am Should have broke the news on here or maybe done like a Lebron James' decision thing? Maybe could have raised some money for the Allentown Boys and Girls Club :D

But yes, I have re-signed with ROH on a multi-year deal. I have nothing but love for the other two organizations but this is where I want to be and I wouldn't have signed it if I hadn't felt the feeling was/is mutual.
Man, Ian is pretty good you guys