ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by dhads7161 »

MVP, Taylor, and King as BDC wouldn't be a horrible idea. Could use another good trio to contend for those titles.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I notice that Tracer X , Harlem Bravado and Tyler Bateman are working the NJPW shows. I seen Harlem and Tracer X on the PWX shows. Harlem has really improved and has turned into a solid pro . Tracer X is a young high flyer , who has a tremendous upside. I like both of these guys. Don't know much about Bateman . Any comments ?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 am I notice that Tracer X , Harlem Bravado and Tyler Bateman are working the NJPW shows. I seen Harlem and Tracer X on the PWX shows. Harlem has really improved and has turned into a solid pro . Tracer X is a young high flyer , who has a tremendous upside. I like both of these guys. Don't know much about Bateman . Any comments ?
Bateman is a bigger guy. A lot of his offense involves strikes, especially forearms. Uses a gimmick similar to the Vaudevillians from WWE. I forget who they have him matched up with but against a guy like Jeff Cobb wcould be a fun match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:24 am
Memphis Mark wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 am I notice that Tracer X , Harlem Bravado and Tyler Bateman are working the NJPW shows. I seen Harlem and Tracer X on the PWX shows. Harlem has really improved and has turned into a solid pro . Tracer X is a young high flyer , who has a tremendous upside. I like both of these guys. Don't know much about Bateman . Any comments ?
Bateman is a bigger guy. A lot of his offense involves strikes, especially forearms. Uses a gimmick similar to the Vaudevillians from WWE. I forget who they have him matched up with but against a guy like Jeff Cobb wcould be a fun match.
Gresham, actually.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bateman is brody king partner on the indies...he wrestled for pwg last year.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Caprice Coleman would be another guy that could be paired with MVP and Kenny King to form BDC. Caprice has been missing from the ring for far too long and he and MVP could tag up allowing King to continue his singles push.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 pm Caprice Coleman would be another guy that could be paired with MVP and Kenny King to form BDC. Caprice has been missing from the ring for far too long and he and MVP could tag up allowing King to continue his singles push.
I think they're done with using Caprice in the ring as more than to fill out cards here and there. I really feel he's a babyface announcer from now on.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Zhuge1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 pm Caprice Coleman would be another guy that could be paired with MVP and Kenny King to form BDC. Caprice has been missing from the ring for far too long and he and MVP could tag up allowing King to continue his singles push.
I think they're done with using Caprice in the ring as more than to fill out cards here and there. I really feel he's a babyface announcer from now on.
Too bad if so -- he showed in his last match against Lethal that he's still a heck of an in-ring competitor. Chris Sabin is a guy that's solid on commentary and it'd be interesting if they moved him more to an announcing role while he's injured and put either Colt or Caprice back in the ring.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I could see Colt leaving to AEW with PWT being a huge sponsor of AEW.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:07 pm I could see Colt leaving to AEW with PWT being a huge sponsor of AEW.
Punk vs. Cabana finally on Labor Day Weekend?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:48 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:53 am So is Luchasaurus actually signed, or was he just booked for a few shows? His Twitter feed still indicates he's a free agent.

Also, I wonder if they'll continue to use Shane Helms in 2019.
In all honesty I hope he hasn't, I just don't think hes good enough in the end, no matter the gimmick and I have a feeling ROH has realised that and cooled off.

That said, it's wierd that PJ Black has signed and isn't on the events for this week, maybe he has to finnish off some dates possibly.
Black, Williams and Luchasaurus all haven't signed yet. There's still some logistics that need taken care of before Black and Williams sign. Hopefully they wised up and passed on Luchasaurus.
Could you expand on this man, what are those logistics? Do you mean they need to move from certain areas to be booked easier?

It seems like Willie Mac will be coming in more and more if NWA's twitter is anything to go by and that is so awesome.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i hope they can book willie mack more often.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:58 am

In all honesty I hope he hasn't, I just don't think hes good enough in the end, no matter the gimmick and I have a feeling ROH has realised that and cooled off.

That said, it's wierd that PJ Black has signed and isn't on the events for this week, maybe he has to finnish off some dates possibly.
Black, Williams and Luchasaurus all haven't signed yet. There's still some logistics that need taken care of before Black and Williams sign. Hopefully they wised up and passed on Luchasaurus.
Could you expand on this man, what are those logistics? Do you mean they need to move from certain areas to be booked easier?

It seems like Willie Mac will be coming in more and more if NWA's twitter is anything to go by and that is so awesome.
He doesn't actually know, he's making it up. Hagadorn who is the main "source" for this "insider info" was fired over five years ago now and most people when he left thought he was a douche so I don't see where this info is coming from.

Williams has signed being the perfect example of this.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

They just haven’t signed deals yet, logistics of contracts especially with Sinclair are difficult so lawyers get involved. Just takes time to make sure the language is fair to all parties. As someone who’s been in law offices for the bulk of my life a contract is as important to an individual as any document because it could make you happy or a hostage. No gray area.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Shane Helms will be returning to wwe as a backstage producer. Helms had been working with Ring of Honor since this past June.

mayor blow wow :lol:
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Good for Shane, the guy deserves it
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 am former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Shane Helms will be returning to wwe as a backstage producer. Helms had been working with Ring of Honor since this past June.

mayor blow wow :lol:
Oh well -- he had a good series with Scurll, but his Hurricane gimmick doesn't work that well in ROH.
Last edited by Zhuge1 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Jeremy Borash, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, and Shane Helms all work for WWE creative.

That's a lotta TNA.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Vía PWTORCH:

Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.

We’ll have more on this story later this week and on the VIP Wade Keller Hotline. We will also discuss the ramifications the rest of the week on our podcasts.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:42 am

They just haven’t signed deals yet, logistics of contracts especially with Sinclair are difficult so lawyers get involved. Just takes time to make sure the language is fair to all parties. As someone who’s been in law offices for the bulk of my life a contract is as important to an individual as any document because it could make you happy or a hostage. No gray area.
Thanks man, that all sounds pretty ordinary and usual. Just didn't know if it was something that would take a long period of time.

I am happy Helms wont be around as it just really didn't connect with but I am happy he has probably landed on his feet and can get the life he wants.

I really don't want to see Ambrose anywhere near ROH, hes a perfect fit for AEW though.