ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:40 pm
Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 pm Facade has been on a number of shows recently. Any chance ROH signs him to a deal?
With his track record? Hard pass.

Care to enlighten us?

Multiple arrests including for the sale of marijuana which took place at the ecw arena. Also locally known as a guy with unreliable transportation. In ring he’s been around forever and still blows spots like he’s in a 2003 scramble
Captain Podcast
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

So he's a terrible person because he sold a little marijuana? It's becoming legal in more states every year. I say bring him in, people make mistakes, it's how they come back from them.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
AnHonorableMention

Mike Adamle wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm So he's a terrible person because he sold a little marijuana? It's becoming legal in more states every year. I say bring him in, people make mistakes, it's how they come back from them.
As someone with their medical marijuana card in the state of Ohio, I have no issue with it. What I am saying is that if it affects your job performance and reliability you do not deserve that job. There's a reason his best friend in wrestling had a ton of pull at TNA and was never able to get him booked.
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

No problem with marijuana except its legality in some parts still. Selling it in areas where it's still banned/illegal and getting arrested for it makes you unreliable. How is a company supposed to trust you when you can't easily follow the law?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ivelisse Velez wants out of Lucha Underground.

That would be an incredible get for Women of Honor.

Since LU would likely let her work Impact, AAA, or MLW it seems unlikely she'd go there. I doubt she wants to go back to WWE.

So that leaves AEW, WOH, or CMLL.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Facade did a tour of Japan last year with DDT. Maybe he has gotten his life together. I've really only seen his ROH work but with the type of offense he has shown, hearing that he botches a lot isn't a shock. If he is in a better place in his life that he can be reliable and makes some changes in ring to work a big safer then maybe his role could be expanded. Let him prove to ROH he can do the job.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm Facade did a tour of Japan last year with DDT. Maybe he has gotten his life together. I've really only seen his ROH work but with the type of offense he has shown, hearing that he botches a lot isn't a shock. If he is in a better place in his life that he can be reliable and makes some changes in ring to work a big safer then maybe his role could be expanded. Let him prove to ROH he can do the job.
I'd recommend some AIW stuff when he pops up. Dude is still pretty reckless in the ring. Wasted movement is a big part of his offense.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Mike Adamle wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm So he's a terrible person because he sold a little marijuana? It's becoming legal in more states every year. I say bring him in, people make mistakes, it's how they come back from them.
As someone with their medical marijuana card in the state of Ohio, I have no issue with it. What I am saying is that if it affects your job performance and reliability you do not deserve that job. There's a reason his best friend in wrestling had a ton of pull at TNA and was never able to get him booked.
Also, selling it AT A SHOW is really poor judgment.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm
kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm Facade did a tour of Japan last year with DDT. Maybe he has gotten his life together. I've really only seen his ROH work but with the type of offense he has shown, hearing that he botches a lot isn't a shock. If he is in a better place in his life that he can be reliable and makes some changes in ring to work a big safer then maybe his role could be expanded. Let him prove to ROH he can do the job.
I'd recommend some AIW stuff when he pops up. Dude is still pretty reckless in the ring. Wasted movement is a big part of his offense.
I'll have to search some out. Thanks for the recommendation.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:34 pm Ivelisse Velez wants out of Lucha Underground.

That would be an incredible get for Women of Honor.

Since LU would likely let her work Impact, AAA, or MLW it seems unlikely she'd go there. I doubt she wants to go back to WWE.

So that leaves AEW, WOH, or CMLL.
Ivelisse is other egomaniac wrestler difficult to work with in backstage. People who worked with her in LU always talked me bad about her.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:40 pm

With his track record? Hard pass.

Care to enlighten us?

Multiple arrests including for the sale of marijuana which took place at the ecw arena. Also locally known as a guy with unreliable transportation. In ring he’s been around forever and still blows spots like he’s in a 2003 scramble
Thanks for the info. If he has his life together, I hope he gets a shot. I've saw him a few times now at BTW shows and he always put on a good performance.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

So is Luchasaurus actually signed, or was he just booked for a few shows? His Twitter feed still indicates he's a free agent.

Also, I wonder if they'll continue to use Shane Helms in 2019.
AnHonorableMention

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Also, selling it AT A SHOW is really poor judgment.
Happens more than you’d think, sadly.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:53 am So is Luchasaurus actually signed, or was he just booked for a few shows? His Twitter feed still indicates he's a free agent.

In all honesty I hope he hasn't, I just don't think hes good enough in the end, no matter the gimmick and I have a feeling ROH has realised that and cooled off.

That said, it's wierd that PJ Black has signed and isn't on the events for this week, maybe he has to finnish off some dates possibly.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:53 am So is Luchasaurus actually signed, or was he just booked for a few shows? His Twitter feed still indicates he's a free agent.

In all honesty I hope he hasn't, I just don't think hes good enough in the end, no matter the gimmick and I have a feeling ROH has realised that and cooled off.

That said, it's wierd that PJ Black has signed and isn't on the events for this week, maybe he has to finnish off some dates possibly.
Black, Williams and Luchasaurus all haven't signed yet. There's still some logistics that need taken care of before Black and Williams sign. Hopefully they wised up and passed on Luchasaurus.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Facade sucks. I would rather have my teeth yanked out with rusty pliers than see him in ROH again.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:42 pm Shane Strickland : the decision.

https://twitter.com/swerveconfident/sta ... 6735916032
He's going WWE, but man, if he signs with ROH that would be suuuuuuuper cool. My favourite indie wrestler in the USA
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Do you thing the MVP thing was just for Tag Wars or will he be a regular act? I wasn't ever a big fan of his work, but I dont mind him sticking around in the Tag Division. BDC was a very good concept with a bad booking, like a lot of things in TNA years ago.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I like MVP... but I like him better on the mic at this point. I like the idea of maybe using Shane Taylor to join beat down clan and they go trios, or king:Taylor go tag with Mvp as the mouthpiece.

I could see ROH using him part time, maybe for like Tv tapings/ppv’s